Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

Looks nice!

Also, I want ask: The old ones cant be purcashed or weaved? (pic related)

7 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

You mean that the creepy cauldron is still not weavable? In that case, I believe that trade- and marketable skins will never (or as Klei might would say: there are no plans for it) be weavable, to avoid conflict. 

What kind of conflict? I watched that skin being sell for $60 or more, above of price to get the new whole pack of skins of characters + items.

Limited_Time.png

1 minute ago, GiddyGuy said:

Quick question if you already set up a system, code, etc for skins wouldn't be easy to add more skins or are there more factors when it comes to adding more skins?

I'd guess creating the skins as artwork takes much time. First getting a nice concept, then develop it to look good in the game as well, I could imagine that it takes pretty long. I'm not an artist tho, so that's just my hypothese.

• Developer
10 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I'd guess creating the skins as artwork takes much time. First getting a nice concept, then develop it to look good in the game as well, I could imagine that it takes pretty long. I'm not an artist tho, so that's just my hypothese.

That's correct. While there's some hookup time on my end to setup the new definitions, and purchase packs and test them all., the bulk of the time comes down to artist bandwidth.

Edit: We're working on cloning technology though.

2 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

What kind of conflict? I watched that skin being sell for $60 or more, almost the same price as the new whole pack of skins of characters + items.

Just imagine that you bought that skin for a relatively high sum, then on the next week everyone can buy it for 3 dollars directly from Klei, independently from the steam market. I'd be a very annoying situation.

4 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Also, I want ask: The old ones can be purcashed or weaved?

They cannot be woven, or purchased in-game, but you can still get them from the market or by trade, and I believe they are dropping again. I'd like to hear a confirmation on the latter one tho.

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

Just imagine that you bought that skin for a relatively high sum, then on the next week everyone can buy it for 3 dollars directly from Klei, independently from the steam market. I'd be a very annoying situation.

Sometimes stuff like that happends, yet a lot people had some hope to get it more cheap.

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

They cannot be woven, or purchased in-game, but you can still get them from the market or by trade, and I believe they are dropping again. I'd like to hear a confirmation on the latter one tho.

I'd like to hear a confirmation too.

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

I'd like to hear a confirmation too.

I'll 99% confirm this, all the previous Hallowed Nights drops are enabled. You can get them from the Trade-Inn, regular drops, and from Classic Curios Chests (which are now dropping again).

This event appeals to my obsession with putting decorations on things.  Can't wait to put up a bunch of trees with lil ghosties and put cute potion bottles all over my base.

Also:  the new chest skin is cool as heck.  Just saw it in action in a stream.

Archived