Cairath

[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

Cairath    350
6 minutes ago, Duplo52 said:

I was on the tools not included page looking up a seed I was going to use until release and happened across this seed 262757292 that showed 3 extra biome colors on the map display. Is this an error or could this seed have given the tools not included extra data from a game version after QoL3? Only way I can see that is someone internal/close to Klei is using the collection tool in tandem with an unreleased branch. Just an FYI in case this needs addressed somehow. I suppose it could be modded biomes in which case it could throw off people like me looking for seeds.

image.png.5ecb1a016e5604c2f258025c754b8feb.png

This looks like a glitch in the image processing for the map -- the 'odd colors' are two colors on top of each other, as long as the geysers are fine. There's a 'report as invalid' button, but please keep in mind that there is no way in the world I can personally check over 50 thousand of seeds. 

The tool has some restrictions to prevent non-realistic uploads, but if there's a will, there's a way. It's for players by players - the only way of running it on such a scale :p 

I've noticed maps biome being a little off sometimes when generated on specific systems (possibly macs - and not all versions...) but geysers staying the same. So while there isn't a 100% certainty that the seed will be 100% the same or correct, I've tested numerous seeds with success.

PhailRaptor    784

@Cairath do your have a plan for when the official release comes, with the 2 additional biomes?  The changes to the map generation required to facilitate that will, based on historical data, invalidate all existing map seeds.  This will require the seed library to start from scratch.

jSomko    0
Posted (edited)

pls help. how can i filter the QoL3 seed only?

upd.

understood. order sorting by releases

Edited by jSomko

Cairath    350

@PhailRaptor yes, the plan was announced - the database will be wiped and the upload mods will be available on steam

@jSomko you don't need to find QOL3 seeds only. the world gen hasn't changed since Cosmic, so all uploads on the site are viable for current play

• Like 1

FlatTiger19    2

Would it be a nice addition to the seed browser to have an option like to hide which geysers are on the map? Let me give an example.

Let's say I don't want to know which geysers or volcanos are on the map but I want to make sure there is at least 1 cool slush geyser. Like the setting to hide/show non present geysers on the map to also be able to hide all geysers except the cool slush geyser in this case.

Just for the people who maybe want the surprise of not knowing what is available but want to have the certainty of having at least a specific geyser.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

cblack    19

First of all, thanks for the site.  I'll be contributing lots of seeds once the game is finally released.

There's still one thing I'd like changed, however.  Can we get a way to filter based on how many AETNs are on the map?  It's quite annoying when you load a seed only to find out hundreds of cycles later that you only got 2 AETNs.