[Game Update] - 289327

• Developer
  • Increased the number of Shove Voles that spawn in a world
  • Jet Suit Locker has a status if there isn't enough fuel available
  • Jet Suit Locker O2/Fuel indicators are hooked up
  • Jet Suit Locker correctly determines if a suit is fully filled
  • Loose ore now exchanges heat with the tile beneath it, even if it's not in a vacuum
  • Rockets will not launch if their path to space is obstructed
  • Conduits no longer kill all disease inside them
  • Jet Suits require petroleum to fabricate and come pre-fuelled.
  • Revised art on Liquid Storage
  • Gas and Liquid elements now have proper colours in the codex and recipes
  • Fixed stretched side screen for refinery buildings
  • Thermite renamed to Thermium
  • Database revisions
  • Command Module no longer fetches infinite suits
  • Steam and Hydrogen engines are no longer stackable
  • Attachable buildings (i.e. rocket parts) now show a proper warning if they can't be placed
  • Updated artwork on Jet Suit buildings
  • Adjusted recipe for Superinsulator (abyssalite + isoresin + fibre)
  • Adjusted recipe for Supercoolant (gold + petroleum + fullerene)
  • Gas Emptier art revisions
  • Gas Emptier building size matches updated artwork
  • Research screen search filter updates in realtime, searches descriptions as well as names
  • Telescope is no longer a research station; used to analyze space destinations
  • Basic Rocketry no longer requires orange research points
  • Hooked up Jet Suit visual effects
  • Updated main menu animations
  • Altered scene layering to accommodate the Vole -- please let us know of any weirdness!
  • Ore from the Oxylite Refinery appears on the correct layer
  • Vole diet drastically increased to convert meaningful amounts of ore into meaningfully sized tiles
  • Reduced the mass of Regolith meteors by about half
  • Vole heat range increased to 400C (comfort) and 500C (fatal)

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Vole diet drastically increased to convert meaningful amounts of ore into meaningfully sized tiles

Thanks !

Edit : quite not sure to understand this one though, maybe because I'm a non native speaker :

• Altered scene layering to accommodate the Vole -- please let us know of any weirdness!

Someone got it ?

Edited by Caochu

3 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Loose ore now exchanges heat with the tile beneath it, even if it's not in a vacuum

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Important things

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reduced the mass of Regolith meteors by about half

I feel....Half is still too much

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  •  
  •  

How about just increasing the temperature range for Shove Voles so they can actually survive in their natural environment?

So, is there now actually any isoresin, fullerene, or Niobium on any planets? Or do planets still just list them as having 0% of it?

Reducing regolith by half is a good start. Just do that 3 times more times (halving each time) and we're where it should be.

Just now, Saturnus said:

How about just increasing the temperature range for Shove Voles so they can actually survive in their natural environment?

So, is there now actually any isoresin, fullerene, or Niobium on any planets? Or do planets still just list them as having 0% of it?

Reducing regolith by half is a good start. Just do that 3 times more times (halving each time) and we're where it should be.

So basically 6.25% of the original. #noregretbeingasmartass :p

• Haha 1

Need force filed projectors that would just burn down any incoming meteors to dust, or any other device in similar fashion, that would actually make space biome usable without the constant need to clean solar panels rockets stations and so on.

Otherwise its just still the same old good sand sweeping simulator.

Also needs some gameplay, as currently there is nothing to do once you get to exosuits and wait for steel production to catch up.

Mid game is non existing and end game is not in there as well.

• Like 1

reminds me of when I tried writing about Thermite and accidentally slipped to calling it Thermium~

• Jet Suits require petroleum to fabricate and come pre-fuelled.

wait... Petroleum has to be bottled?

and that's how we know that you are always listening and caring, thank you very much~

(now if the Armageddon was at least a bit less persistent, or just customizable)

11 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

I feel....Half is still too much

8 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Mind you that already all but up to the original mass can be lost when digging the bottom tile since the last hotfix. And it should be now only 1t-2.25t per tile. You not only suggest 500kg-1125kg or 250kg-560kg but 125kg-280kg per tile. That's quite low since a meteor would be 2t and a bit at most but I guess I can understand... since (again) simply too many meteors rain down, I would not mind a meteor each 8-12s instead of one each 1-1.5s during the season.

Alternatively, why no glass from regolith? While windows can be made from diamond. I am honestly curious.

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Good. The old name made me think of thermal mining ;)

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Excellent, that should work nicely. Thanks!

Edited by Gurgel

3 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

You would just produce insane amounts of glass, that is also hot and also needs to be stored somewhere, so it does nothing to whole problem.

No, you could just throw the melting liquid glass directly from the liquid vent into the space. Quite a difference I think.

Edited by Caochu

Just now, Caochu said:

No, you could just throw the melting liquid glass directly from the liquid vent into the space.

This is still only half solution for totally artificial problem that exists only in this game.

Why it has to throw a meteor shower every 10 minutes is beyond me, the whole space biome is totally wrong.

They just picked wrong direction with space biome and bunker stuff that can't be destroyed.

Not only there is no other danger/risk, but now you can just ignore the last bit of it that possibly could make some stuff happening on the map without your intention.

23 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Mind you that already all but up to the original mass can be lost when digging the bottom tile since the last hotfix.

I'm sure that hotfix will be hotfixed eventually as it causes more problems than it solves.

Anyway, before you needed 380 hatches to keep up with the average downpour of regolith now you need "just" 190. You see where I'm going with my 5-6.25% of the original amount being reasonable? Making it possible to actually deal with it without resorting to exploits.

Edited by Saturnus