This game gives me a mental breakdown

I wanted to stop the slimelung from spreading into my base.  So I built a pair of ore scrubbers on one side of my base and a gas pump in one of those bleach stone biomes on the other.

I built another pair to scrub contaminated water, and uh oh.  I'm out of chlorine.  Well the Bleach Stone emits chlorine, the text says so, so I'll just wait a little while the room surrounded by Bleach Stone fills back up with chlorine.  Right?  No.  The help text is a lying scum.  Bleach stone doesn't emit anything, only after being dug does it sublimate into chlorine gas.

Why am I out of chlorine anyway, isn't a whole room filled with it enough?  Well, no.  The ore scrubber has a buffer.  A buffer that holds 10kg of chlorine gas.  How much does a ore scrubber consume per use?  70.8 grams.  That is enough for 141 uses. WHY?  Why do you do this?  Why is there a buffer at all?

But it gets worse.  You see vents can fit a lot.  A lot lot.  You typically find water in concentrations of 1000kg per tile, while chlorine is found in concentrations of 1000 gram per tile, a factor of 1000 less.  But the vents only hold a factor of 10 less than pipes in mass.

vent.thumb.png.fcb0f74b5ca3d8695bb382f6953cb7b0.png

Just the run of vents going across my base has more space to back fill than there's gas in a typical chlorine pocket. WHO BALANCED THIS?

But alas, I can tolerate a certain level of brainlessly stupid mechanics to drag myself around.  Surely I don't have to feed the ore scrubbers 10's of kg's when it consumes 1/140th of that per use.  Right?

empty.png.22d4765e51526b9792ff0aa04abba6bd.png

WRONG

Why is there a empty pipe condition?  WHY!? WHAT DEMONIC SPIRIT COERCED YOU INTO ADDING THIS ABOMINATION TO THE GAME?  Every darn apparatus in the game with a pipe input has an internal buffer.  WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE INTERNAL BUFFER IF THE CURSED THING DOESN'T WORK WITHOUT A BACK STUFFED SUPPLY?

IT IS NOT EVEN CONSISTENT WITH THE MECHANICS OF THE REST OF THE GAME! You can put a valve in front that drip feeds grams of the resources wanted and the "Pipe empty" condition will be bypassed!!!

PLEASE GET THIS GARBAGE OUT OF THE GAME!

My friend.

Instead of using ore scrubbers, fill your storage area whit chlorine. 0 gram of chlorine used same result... 0 germ free  raw materials. It can be done whit water or polluted water (see reservoir sourounded by chlorine), or contaminated food (refrigerators sourounded by chlorine). The excess of bleach stone use it for hand sanitizers , or let it evaporate, condense it by freezing whit wheezeworts, and feed some gras gas whit it. The sky is the limit.

Or if you have some chlorine vent feed the squeaky puffs for bleach stone. 

16 minutes ago, Hornwitser said:

Just the run of vents going across my base has more space to back fill than there's gas in a typical chlorine pocket. WHO BALANCED THIS?

Did you know there is also now two buildings which store several dozens worth of piped materials reducing the need for so many pipes XD

But it is a bit odd that if the building has a self storage that it doesnt use it, maybe this only relates to the ore scrubber, I am not sure. My generators run until they consume all the gas  unless there is less than 100g in its reserve.

9 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Or if you have some chlorine vent feed the squeaky puffs for bleach stone. 

That is exactly what i do!

19 minutes ago, zzKratoszz said:

The pipe condition is probably the same bug as this bug. Just make a bug report.

It has been reported at least three times now.  The first one was over a year ago.  The fix is even noted in one of the comments as being nothing more than changing a variable in a script.

Don't get me started about bug tracker, it's terrible.

1 hour ago, Cipupec2 said:

I don't use ore scrubers because I don't have enough chlorine to sustain operation,I tapped into couple of pockets but my balm lilies ate it all. So I just make sure to put sinks on all entrances and food area.

Balm lillies don't consume chlorine. I think you may have doors etc deleting it

I had high hopes for the manual gas bottling. I hoped it would be an early game tech and they would change the ore scrubber for manual gas deliver. But instead they made it a high tier mechanic for some reason. Now we have to build insane amounts of pipes for the scrubbers to work.

9 hours ago, Hornwitser said:

Well the Bleach Stone emits chlorine, the text says so, so I'll just wait a little while the room surrounded by Bleach Stone fills back up with chlorine.

I wonder if it`s the same issue as with slime not emitting PO2 if there`s CO2 around. I had a lot of corridiors with slime tiles at the bottom not emitting anything even in low pressure.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:43 PM, Gurgel said:

I fail to see the problem here. This is not a realistic physics-simulation. It is sort-of inspired by physics, but there are a lot of shortcuts and deviations.

Yes, there's plenty of things that aren't realistic for the sake of simplicity and making the game fun to play.  With that said however, having to deliver 10kg of chlorine gas to the ore scrubber before it will even function is neither realistic nor fun.

Washing stations fix everything.  I use submerged storage to hold everything that sublimates. You put washing stations on the exit of those storage areas because the dupe gets a ton of germs after putting the item away.  You want several to account for multiple dupes at once.  The only way out of my mushroom farms have 3 stations. 

Archived