Most wanted fixes

Most wanted fixes.  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to be balanced/fixed first?

• Temperature/mass deletion (water sieve etc.)
    • Regolith spawn amounts
    • Steam turbine
    • Heat in space (some sort of radiation)
    • Critter feed amounts (pacu, pufts)
    • General QoL and bugfixes (like assigning clothes to dupes or rotating cooking recipies)
    • Other

With more polish comming to the game there will be fixes for some of the exploits and issues the game has. While i believe most of them will be tackled one way or another what would you like to be adressed first? I`m not asking about new content but balancing the exisiting stuff.

1 hour ago, Djoums said:

QoL changes should be amongst the easiest to implement and they affect everyone directly, beginners included. I'm hoping they will address them quickly.

Couldn't agree more. After that regolith/meteor amount.

Right at the bottom of the list of what I'd like to see at the moment is more content.

If by fixing the steam turbine you mean make it so it only works if all 5 ports are open, the hot gas has to be steam and any other exploits are gone then I agree with you!

Even with their changed the regolith is still causing problems just with the sheer amount of it.

. Qol should defiantly be first it would help then narrow down the problems with the other issues.

yah the regolith problem felt like a way to add lag, heat and repairs at an unnecessary rate (and they want you to have to deal with it constantly as of Ru and beyond if the space content continues) they will probably fix the immortal turbin and solar panel shields eventually as they do little about how much erosion it causes the asteroid even before you discover the surface.

17 minutes ago, goatt said:

Pls provide some info about the bugs. I don’t understand what they are thx.

A short rundown of those "bugs" and unbalanced things. (Plus a little bit of opinion from my side).

Temperature deletion: Some buildings have fixed output temperatures that outright destroy heat (something that should be impossible). The most powerful variant is the water sieve which produces 40°C water regardless of the polluted water temperature you feed in.

Mass deletion: Similar to temperature deletion you can also feed very hot resources into machinery (or hatches) and destroy heat in the process.

Regolith spawn: Currently there is just too much of that mineral spawning in from space. It's very hot and micromanagement intensive to remove it so it's just a nuisance and doesn't improve gameplay at all.

Steam turbine: It has been probably broken since the very patch it was implemented. One broken building is usually not the big deal but the community is tinkering around with steam turbine builds ever since.

Heat in space: In ONI there is only heat transfer between 2 neighouring objects. So heat piles up on top of the map since it can't radiate off into space. This is unrealistic and bothers many players.

Critter Feed: Currently it's better to not feed your Pacus and just leave them in their aquariums. It's just unbalanced but not too big of a deal.

BTT: Heat deletion on my side. The more realistic in terms of physics the game becomes, the better it is. Proper cooling systems should actually rely on cooling stuff and not magically deleting mass/heat. Know your laws of thermodynamics Klei!

@Lacost after playing the game for a little while, I forgot I also cared about physics laws.

But I think water seive is the right amount of cheating. I wouldn’t want it to change lol. Because it’s temperature deletion has a price, which is Pwater, and Pwater has limited spawning rate. Also water seive can only cool things down to 40c, which is higher than dupes comfort temp. So it’s not breaking the game, but providing a strategic value.

19 minutes ago, goatt said:

@Lacost after playing the game for a little while, I forgot I also cared about physics laws.

But I think water seive is the right amount of cheating. I wouldn’t want it to change lol. Because it’s temperature deletion has a price, which is Pwater, and Pwater has limited spawning rate. Also water seive can only cool things down to 40c, which is higher than dupes comfort temp. So it’s not breaking the game, but providing a strategic value.

Yes but you can aquatune it to lower tempeatures. And if the medium you put the aquatuner is polluted water you can just heat to 120C before pumping it into the sieve where it gets instantly reset to 40C. Mass heat deletion ad naseam.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, Lacost said:

The more realistic in terms of physics the game becomes, the better it is.

Spoiler

*Cough!* No Man's Sky *Cough!*

On 9/12/2018 at 6:41 PM, Saturnus said:

Yes but-

Image result for no. meme

Spoiler

Words cannot convey how much I LOATHE it people say that. What you're saying is basically:

"I'm saying I'm acknowledging what you're saying, but in actuality I didn't listen to a word you said and you're wrong."

On 9/12/2018 at 6:41 PM, Saturnus said:

Yes but you can aquatune it to lower tempeatures. And if the medium you put the aquatuner is polluted water you can just heat to 120C before pumping it into the sieve where it gets instantly reset to 40C. Mass heat deletion ad naseam.

...AETN? Wheezeworts? Launching it into space? All of those get a pass on mass [heat] deletion but fixed temperature output is a big no?

5b9febcb63df2_BanhiThink.thumb.png.5b6051ed5a66c18612cb8df76c8ffb83.png

With the way you've been crusading against it, either all of it is okay, or NONE of it is okay.

It`s interesting hoiw most of the community just want`s bug fixes and overal polish. Maybe the question is too general but everyone agree that should be the priority.

The songle bliggest problem seems to be regolith. Can`t disagree here. I wish there would be some addjustemnt to that.

I personally don't find performance late game an issue at all for the past few months.

This is a cycle 1200+ base. It runs at 30 fps zoomed out like so when the whole map is visible. If I keep the zoom at the default UI max zoom it's between 50 and 60 FPS depending on where I'm looking.

Admittedly I'm only running with 6 dupes. I have about 20 hatches, 10 pacu and a smattering of other critters all over the map.

If looking to benchmark or if it helps my specs are as follows:

Spoiler

Processor
• Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake Processor, 6 cores
• 9MB L3 Cache

CPU Cooler
• Chillblast 120 CPU Water Cooler

Motherboard
• Asus PRIME Z370-P Motherboard

Memory
• 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
• Configuration 2 x 8GB
• Dual Channel Support on 2 DIMMs
• 4 x DIMM Slot

Solid State Drive
• 250GB SK Hynix SL308 Solid State Drive

Hard Drive
• Seagate 2TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Software
• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Graphics
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Graphics Card

Audio
• Onboard High Definition Audio

Power Supply
• Corsair CX750M 80 PLUS Bronze 750W Modular PSU

image.thumb.png.c3b8c4d677d361f2bbd858d2e4ac33dd.png

16 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I would love for bug and exploit fixes. But the devs have already said what they are going to be doing after the next rocketry update. Which should be hopefully them revisiting older content, balancing it and applying the bug hammer where necessary

Is there a bug/expolit that will delete regolith, if so, I want to know.  Regolith for me is the bug, but with no means to deal with it.

Is there a bug/expolit that will delete regolith, if so, I want to know.  Regolith for me is the bug, but with no means to deal with it.

Is no bug or exploit to delete regolith...You can enable sandbox mode and delete it faster or you can use an regolith smelter combined whit an magma elevator (I am working on if for an optimal design) in my current gameplay, for permanent disposal of it. 

For me the regolith is the ultimate challenge :) and problem...since the last 1370 game...

Archived