Immaculate conception, or sex. Or immigration. Or birds.

This is the second time that this has happened to this colony. I have 24 dupes, and the printer disabled. It's been disable for over a thousand cycles. Yet I looked last night when I was working on something else and magically I have 25 dupes now. I've gone pretty far and haven't lost a dupe yet so just killing one off isn't in my game plan. Neither is going back 10 cycles to find a auto-save where this guy doesn't exist.

What gives? How is there just another dupe all of the sudden? Did he parachute in from someone else's colony? Do I need to build a wall? Are there space storks that are dropping off children? Can you call ICE and come get this guy? I'm not dealing with him and I'm not killing him, so how can I edit the save file so I fix your glitch?

58 minutes ago, Bizzum22 said:

you might have clicked ctrl + f2, it spawns a new dup

Possibly, but I wasn't really playing as I was more focused on working. I had queued up a huge build and was listening for when the idiots built themselves into a wall. I noticed him when he was 12 cycles old.

24 minutes ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Possibly, but I wasn't really playing as I was more focused on working. I had queued up a huge build and was listening for when the idiots built themselves into a wall. I noticed him when he was 12 cycles old.

and 12 cycles means you can't load auto-save to erase him. shame

18 minutes ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Are you sure about that Dr. Jones?

Yup.

Now why the unit says °K I have no idea. Kelvin is an absolute unit, there is no degrees involved. Something is 100 Kelvin, never 100 degrees Kelvin. But I guess the programmers don't actually know that much about physics as they also abbreviate micrograms to mcg instead of the correct µg (or ug if you don't have the µ sign).

dupemelt.png

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Yup.

Now why the unit says °K I have no idea. Kelvin is an absolute unit, there is no degrees involved. Something is 100 Kelvin, never 100 degrees Kelvin. But I guess the programmers don't actually know that much about physics.

dupemelt.png

I have lowered a person into lava and they melt, but I saved this heart. Let me show you.

57088902f10b2067de9ea4534ac5c6f3.jpg

i also learned something about the micro gram thing. I actually saw my first mcg tile in LC last night 4500mcgsO2, I was like wow, 4 grams of O2, that's not much.

Oh, and the kelvins is not degrees thing too, the more you know....

24 minutes ago, psusi said:

mcg is a common abbreviation for micrograms:

No. It is not. You'd fail 5th grade in my country. mcg is only used as microgram in the medical industry in the USA. No where else. It even says so directly in the wiki link you posted but didn't bother to read first.

Archived