[Game Update] - 277964

42 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Was fooled, thought it was the update adding the Gorge prizes lol

Those were actually included in this patch...

Cornucopia Portrait (Burnished / Sterling / Golden)

Spoiler

playerportrait_bg_quagmiretournamentbronze.png.e82d95161a491ad571d134d474767417.png playerportrait_bg_quagmiretournamentsilver.png.e40ef32bb3b89f1cca4820310117c45b.png playerportrait_bg_quagmiretournamentgold.png.221e6d96bebd3c6dee510d07912a588f.png

Icon of Gnaw (Basic / Burnished / Sterling / Golden)

Spoiler

profileflair_quagmiretournament_participation.png.39afdd162ed6d2693c0bd153574c8c22.png profileflair_quagmiretournament_bronze.png.429eecbc50272a7f9fc9b0354c7b38db.png profileflair_quagmiretournament_silver.png.648d0748754ffa63b902991971cb96a3.png profileflair_quagmiretournament_gold.png.d5a596cbdf8e810ef6aa258a8878e38b.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Alright, the way they handled the exclusive tournament skins wasn't such a cataclysmic event as I had expected. Fair enough.

It's still enough to kill every skin collector's hopes and dreams due to it being impossible to have all these skins. Even if they were just variants of existing ones.

Edited by Sinister_Fang
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's still enough to kill every skin collector's hopes and dreams to to it being impossible to have all these skins. Even if they were just variants of existing ones.

Thanks klei, very cool!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's still enough to kill every skin collector's hopes and dreams due to it being impossible to have all these skins. Even if they were just variants of existing ones.

Luckyly these skins don't appear in the curio cabinet if you don't own them, so practically they are not "missing" from the collection.

• Like 1

Oh shut up people with your "collectors will be mad cuz they didn't get the special item prizes" would you? 

Fire pit skin for playing durring dst beta is also unavailable right now  (I think) and I didn't see anyone mention it when gorge tournament was announced.

People who did the best deserve to get something special, not a "win it or buy it" kind of prize 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's sure a sad thing for collectors, but it's also a great way to reward people invested in the game. So, not perfect, but this open nice options too. Also, collection at the moment is for people with money (plush aren't free). So it's not like it's something every collector can do anyway...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Oh shut up people with your "collectors will be mad cuz they didn't get the special item prizes" would you? 

Fire pit skin for playing durring dst beta is also unavailable right now  (I think) and I didn't see anyone mention it when gorge tournament was announced.

People who did the best deserve to get something special, not a "win it or buy it" kind of prize 

Hey I had thought tournament participators who couldn't get into the top 100 won't receive something. I was wrong and I am quite happy for the plain icon of Gnaw. My collectors genes are particulary strong so I am a little bit annoyed that I couldn't get everything weaveable in the YotV and Winter's Feast events.

• Like 1

Those prizes aren't even that huge, I actually feel like the tournament winners should have gotten something a bit more. xD I know skin collectors wouldn't be happy, but that tournament placement for first was hard. You can't make everyone happy though, and perhaps this is Klei's way of trying to balance it since everyone does have a cornucopia variant. I appreciate the participation prize in any case.

13 minutes ago, AnitaCoffee said:

Those prizes aren't even that huge, I actually feel like the tournament winners should have gotten something a bit more. xD

They got literally every single item and skin from the Gorge. What more should they have gotten? :D

But if you mean the rewards that only the winners can get (the modified icon and profile pic), then ... idk. It would be nice to give something better, but making cool items that exclusive wouldn't be very cool.

Just now, fimmatek said:

They got literally every single item and skin from the Gorge. What more should they have gotten? :D

But if you mean the rewards that only the winners can get (the modified icon and profile pic), then ... idk. It would be nice to give something better, but making cool items that exclusive wouldn't be very cool.

Yep I meant things only for the winners. You could get the whole package deal easily if you shelled out the cash, which I did and a lot of others because I do like skins too, and supporting games that I love. So it just feels a little lackluster, but again, Klei isn't (shouldn't?) be really stepping on any skin collectors toes with this one. So it's a decent balance.

• Like 1

Also, it's the first event. I think it's ok to be careful for the first event with the reward, so they can see how all the thing goes, how the tournament itself is received, how much time people are spending, if it creates any issues, and so on. It's a lot easier to manage problems if the expectations aren't too bigs and people aren't too invested. With big rewards, it could make things more hard to manage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Plenty of people mentioned it, but it's not a valid argument. There was no limited number of the bottomless pits given out. So long as you played the game at the time you got it. It wasn't "the first 20 early access players", it was everyone.

I'm still ok with this turn of events, perhaps a bit reluctantly, but wanted to correct your juxtaposition.