Jump to content

The Forge would have been the perfect opportunity to make Wortox an unlockable character


Recommended Posts

I don't know if it's just me, but beating The Forge felt so anti-climatic. Imagine if you had won, and it unlocked Wortox. Only players who have beaten the event could play him, making him a rare character. 

Just a thought I had. Maybe something to consider for future events. Have a real reward, because skins mean literally nothing to some people, including myself.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Plebgod said:

i dont think locking a character behind a limited event is a good idea

The thing is...Wortox is such an odd character. You don't really want servers to be filled with him, because he doesn't really fit with the rest of the characters. That's why I like the idea of him being a rare character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or, on a slightly different tune, having X number of players beat the forge globally unlocked the character for all.

It'd give some sense of community while having a goal at the same time.

 

But the best part about it is that there's incentive to play with new people who have no idea what they're doing to encourage them to win.  Instead of what we had where new people were basically unwanted in most high-leveled rooms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, axxel said:

Don't get me wrong, I have the feeling that Klei preserves Wortox and the other unused characters for an DS DLC. I'll not surprised if one of them will be unlockable in Hamlet.

That would actually kinda make sense,a ittle dlc after what seems to be these "stats themed events" (Im going with the thing that the Forge is HP,Gorge hunger,and the next one sanity),it would be pretty fun to play as those ppls,maybe a modder could make one as a character i guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, axxel said:

Don't get me wrong, I have the feeling that Klei preserves Wortox and the other unused characters for an DS DLC. I'll not surprised if one of them will be unlockable in Hamlet.

Potentially, but Wortox just seemed to fit perfectly with the Forge setting.

Also, I think we are in desperate need of GOOD new DST charactes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Potentially, but Wortox just seemed to fit perfectly with the Forge setting.

Also, I think we are in desperate need of GOOD new DST charactes.

Or/and a serious Winona rework

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I dunno. Apart from "fire" I don't see how Wortox fits. Most of the inhabitants are boars or animals with a huge emphasis on battle. Wortox is like, the embodiment of a typical demon.

Wortox, Winnie, Waverly, Wallace, and Wilton need to be in the future but maybe for a horror/halloween themed dlc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I dunno. Apart from "fire" I don't see how Wortox fits. Most of the inhabitants are boars or animals with a huge emphasis on battle. Wortox is like, the embodiment of a typical demon.

I don't get the likes...

The Forge setting is this game's version of hell, so... I can't think of a more perfect setting for a demon. I mean Pugna is pretty much a demon himself. 

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wortox, Winnie, Waverly, Wallace, and Wilton need to be in the future but maybe for a horror/halloween themed dlc?

I don't know man, I just want new characters and make these event things more interesting by having them have an actual input into the real game :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think an entire character should be locked behind an event, but maybe a cosmetic reskin, like you get a reskin of the Grand Forge Boarrior as a football helmet/Bee Queen Crown once you kill him once.

24 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I don't get the likes...

The Forge setting is this game's version of hell, so... I can't think of a more perfect setting for a demon. I mean Pugna is pretty much a demon himself. 

I don't know man, I just want new characters and make these event things more interesting by having them have an actual input into the real game :/

Isn’t the whole constant “hell”?  The survivors keep dying over and over again, and yet they’re reincarnated I to a new world. The forge just looks like a gladiatorial dimension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

I don’t think an entire character should be locked behind an event, but maybe a cosmetic reskin, like you get a reskin of the Grand Forge Boarrior as a football helmet/Bee Queen Crown once you kill him once.

That would be very cool. The only reason I would like it to be locked, is because:

a) I want that challenge of unlocking characters again, like DS (but I know it's a limited time thing, so it's not quite the same.

b) I feel like one of the reasons Wortox hasn't been added, is because he doesn't quite blend well with the rest of the characters. But if he was a rare character, that only a few players had, it would stop servers from being filled with him.

 

5 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Isn’t the whole constant “hell”?  The survivors keep dying over and over again, and yet they’re reincarnated I to a new world. The forge just looks like a gladiatorial dimension.

The Forge is a more typical inferno look, but fair enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I don't get the likes...

The Forge setting is this game's version of hell, so... I can't think of a more perfect setting for a demon. I mean Pugna is pretty much a demon himself. 

Just because the Forge is a world with a lot of lava doesn't necessarily mean it's hell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The thing is...Wortox is such an odd character. You don't really want servers to be filled with him, because he doesn't really fit with the rest of the characters. That's why I like the idea of him being a rare character. 

maybe wortox being a special skin for maxwell? even tho we already have the krampus one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I dunno. Apart from "fire" I don't see how Wortox fits. Most of the inhabitants are boars or animals with a huge emphasis on battle. Wortox is like, the embodiment of a typical demon.

Maybe a permanent atack boost and more HP? I mean,i know we already got Wolfgang for that,but besides that maybe it can be constant and he can craft some fiery weapons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The thing is...Wortox is such an odd character. You don't really want servers to be filled with him, because he doesn't really fit with the rest of the characters. That's why I like the idea of him being a rare character. 

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, that'll make him feel more out of place because the people who actually have him unlocked will play him often to show off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mario384 said:

I don't think Wortox or Waverly are ever going to get in, considering how lore-heavy the game is, how would they fit?  Besides, Maxwell's Halloween skin is very close to Wortox in design.

Magic exists in this world. A better question would be how do demons and witches not fit? 

Most characters don't have much of a backstory anyway, so Klei could throw in just about anything and it wouldn't effect the lore very much. With all the world hopping going on in the story right now, any out of place character could be explained away with "They came from a different world".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Magic exists in this world. A better question would be how do demons and witches not fit? 

The game even already has demons, Krampus and Klaus. Who Wortox actually shares a lot of design choices with.
Wortox_Portrait.png
Red skin, horns, facial hair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mario384 said:

I don't think Wortox or Waverly are ever going to get in, considering how lore-heavy the game is, how would they fit?  Besides, Maxwell's Halloween skin is very close to Wortox in design.

That's why I like the idea of him being a locked character. Only a few players would have access to him, stopping him from being considered as part of "true cast",

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

people who actually have him unlocked will play him often to show off.

...I don't think people are that petty.

Maybe I'm wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Mario384 said:

Besides, Maxwell's Halloween skin is very close to Wortox in design.

Also, this can be fixed with one quote. 

51 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

The game even already has demons, Krampus and Klaus. Who Wortox actually shares a lot of design choices with.
Wortox_Portrait.png
Red skin, horns, facial hair.

Also, this doesn't make any sense. You could have said that the game already has a Krampus, and therefore Klaus shouldn't be in the game. Also, the lore isn't that fixed, you can bend it to be whatever you want it to be (Why do the Volt goats look like the Goat Men from the Gorge for example)

Also, if you look at demons in literature, there's thousands of different types of demons. It would make sense that Wortox is just another type. And with the Forge, you can just say he's from another dimension.

The design choices were made after Krampus existed, so clearly, the devs. had some sort of lore and backstory in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

The thing is...Wortox is such an odd character. You don't really want servers to be filled with him, because he doesn't really fit with the rest of the characters. That's why I like the idea of him being a rare character. 

The reason I'd say most people wouldn't agree with this idea is because it's essentially locking behind a potentially advantageous character out from the rest of the community. It'd be like only a quarter of the players in Team Fortress 2  having the ability to go spy. It's fun, yes, but there's clearly a big problem. I'm not saying having to unlock characters would be a bad idea, @CarlZalph's idea sounds great even, it's just that this sort of thing should probably be reserved for something not locked behind a time limit for individuals. 

In all actuality, I'd say the actual reward for the events is the event themselves. Klei could of just release just a bunch of skin packs for a limited time, but instead we're given something new and exciting to go through. 

Also, the idea that because he doesn't really belong with the rest of the cast he shouldn't be common throughout servers kinda takes away from making him a character at all. It's kind of like making a workshop character official. I'm not saying the idea of implementing Wortox is like adding one of the many anime characters alongside the main cast, he WAS made by Klei after all, it's just through this sort of logic, it could be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

In all actuality, I'd say the actual reward for the events is the event themselves. Klei could of just release just a bunch of skin packs for a limited time, but instead we're given something new and exciting to go through. 

Exactly. It’s kind of like saying “Thanks for the present! Now what reward do I get for opening it?” Although to judge by some of the players I’ve met on public servers, there could be a lot of people whose parents raised them to expect that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...