Coming Soon - The Gorge!

On 6/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, JoeW said:

After barely escaping through the Molten Gateway, our survivors plummet headfirst into the ruins of a sickly city ruled by a ravenous beast. Work together to cook fine dishes and placate the Eternal Gnaw's hunger to avoid the curse of its terrible plague. Cook well enough, and you may even get to go home.

The Gorge is a free limited time 3-player co-op challenge with tons of new skins, emotes, items and more. Your goal is to cook and offer food on the Altar of Gnaw, but you'll need all the cooks in the kitchen to keep it fed, so work together to survive!

The Gorge begins June 14th and ends July 9th. Console will be coming just a short while after, we'll have details on a more concrete date when we get closer to launching the event. 

Beta starts early next week, so keep an eye on the forums. We'll see you here! 

Love cooking in Don't Starve, I'm very excited, missed the forge , so i will keep my eye on this one!

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Not their problem. Has to do with formatting fonts from other languages. Has to do with the forum than the user.

How

5 hours ago, wantuilbasilio said:

or until today

do you

5 hours ago, wantuilbasilio said:

You did not play the forge?
3 hours ago, wantuilbasilio said:

the survivors for being new to The Gorge think they do not know what the gnaw can do

explain this?

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Yup, just as soon as the bubble bursted, they were in the new clothes. In the Forge trailer, they took time to put on clothes but it seems Charlie put it on them during interdimensional travel.

I... I assume she made these!5926b20bbe708_charlieskinmagazine.thumb.png.55f87e59448ff8d5ab3bf9eba34dcde3.png

Makes me wonder, if she did put on the clothes during the travel. Why? Just for her amusement? That might mean that this is just a game to Them. Kinda like the Cthulhu Mythos and Lovecraftian horror. The works of mortals are of no interest to them, like watching ants fight.

2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

After a code dig I have Bad news, the countdown on the main menu is for the beta, not for the event start :( 

We know, its pretty much the same thing though. Assuming that they do the same thing with the points as they did in the Forge

7 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

After a code dig I have Bad news, the countdown on the main menu is for the beta, not for the event start :( 

Well, that doesn't seem to be what the announcement says, and I'd consider that more official than datamining. Unless the wording was deceiving but I dunno.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Well, that doesn't seem to be what the announcement says, and I'd consider that more official than datamining. Unless the wording was deceiving but I dunno.

It has to be the beta since we won't have time for a beta in between today and the 14th.

3 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

It has to be the beta since we won't have time for a beta in between today and the 14th.

Does there really need to be that long a beta? I mean, the Forge beta was mostly to test the servers wasn't it? Plus Thursday isn't exactly what I'd call "early" in the week. It's dead center. Assuming you wanna call Monday the start—otherwise it's even later.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Does there really need to be that long a beta? I mean, the Forge beta was mostly to test the servers wasn't it? Plus Thursday isn't exactly what I'd call "early" in the week. It's dead center. Assuming you wanna call Monday the start—otherwise it's even later.

Good point, and more exciting since that means we'll get to play sooner.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, JoeW said:

The Gorge begins June 14th and ends July 9th...

Beta starts early next week, so keep an eye on the forums. We'll see you here! 

PFMnQbL.png

tp5zHEO.png

in-game count down is for the 14th
the 14th is thursday, not at all "early next week"
we're getting hamlet news on the 11th, and you know how klei's been doing things lately (the forge announcement + home sea home and winona updates dropping at the same time)
it's not counting down to the beta.

Just now, JellyUltra said:

PFMnQbL.png

tp5zHEO.png

in-game count down is for the 14th
the 14th is thursday, not at all "early next week"
we're getting hamlet news on monday, and you know how klei's been doing things lately (the forge announcement + home sea home and winona updates dropping at the same time)
it's not counting down to the beta.

I want to play already...

3 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

we get it, you're an epic modder.

Your sarcasm is very much unneeded and unwanted. They simply provided what they found be it accurate or not. No need to cause a commotion over it.

Maybe it's just me, but it kind of feels like there are people on the forums who think being a modder makes them superior. Instead of commenting on anything about the evidence I provided for the beta being sooner, I was told to "talk to the code", because the code can never be wrong. I'm a modder btw. Did I mention I can read code? I make mods btw. Read the code.

What I said earlier and the way I said it was uncalled for though, I apologize.

Sorry I wasnt able to read through all 11 pages of coments, was there any mention of players being able to host their own dedicated servers or will it be run by Klei only again?

also, have any dedi server owners found this new empty file in

.klei/Agreements/DoNotStarveTogether

folder?

Capture.PNG

6 minutes ago, artemiyME said:

Sorry I wasnt able to read through all 11 pages of coments, was there any mention of players being able to host their own dedicated servers or will it be run by Klei only again?

also, have any dedi server owners found this new empty file in

.klei/Agreements/DoNotStarveTogether

folder?

Capture.PNG

It's unlikely players will ever be able to host their own event servers due to how easy it would be to cheat. 

And the agreements thing was just to comply with some new Internet laws. You'll need to keep it enabled if you have any intention of playing online. 

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

Maybe it's just me, but it kind of feels like there are people on the forums who think being a modder makes them superior. Instead of commenting on anything about the evidence I provided for the beta being sooner, I was told to "talk to the code", because the code can never be wrong. I'm a modder btw. Did I mention I can read code? I make mods btw. Read the code.

Teach me how to code and I'll give you my first born son.

3 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Talk to the code not to me, scripts/widgets/countdownbeta.lua line 132

The file name doesn't matter in this situation. Klei made the widget say "Event starts in" because that's what people are going to read. If it was the beta starting, it would've said "Beta starts in".

That filename specifically just comes from the fact that they reused the widget for the update countdowns during the development of ANR. It counted down the days till the release of the next update to the beta branch, and since all the widget & countdown code is there Klei likely decided to just replace the silhouette with an animation and bring it back to the menu.

I would recommend that you only use "code" as proof (that's a filename btw) when you know that said code is actually being used as part of the game.

also being a modder doesnt make you always right trust me i learned it the hard way

5 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The file name doesn't matter in this situation. Klei made the widget say "Event starts in" because that's what people are going to read. If it was the beta starting, it would've said "Beta starts in".

That filename specifically just comes from the fact that they reused the widget for the update countdowns during the development of ANR. It counted down the days till the release of the next update to the beta branch, and since all the widget & countdown code is there Klei likely decided to just replace the silhouette with an animation and bring it back to the menu.

I would recommend that you only use "code" as proof (that's a filename btw) when you know that said code is actually being used as part of the game.

also being a modder doesnt make you always right trust me i learned it the hard way

Exactly ...

In addition, the topic itself says:

"The Gorge begins June 14th and ends July 9th. Console will be coming short while after, we'll have details on a more concrete date when we get closer to launching the event.
Beta starts early next week, so keep an eye on the forums. We'll see you here!"

It does not make much sense to inform the date (June 14) and say that Beta starts more early, if they were the same thing.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

(that's a filename btw)

You keep saying filename. Read again:

5 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

They're referencing a line of code, and providing the file location.

The code reads:

elseif mode == "quagmire" then

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but you based your entire response on a misinterpretation of what they said.

Someone probably had already this theory,but I thing the “plague” that the gorge unleashes is maybe like that the all the animals get turned into like fishes/merms. All the mobs ,the two goats and the pigs show the same green scales on their body. The pig seems to be in a low stage of the plague and he tried to hide his transformation by covering his hands up, but thy get revealed when Wilson takes the key. The two goats are in a too high stage of the plague and accepted this and don’t bothered to hide that fact anymore. What do you guys think about that theory?

9 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Someone probably had already this theory,but I thing the “plague” that the gorge unleashes is maybe like that the all the animals get turned into like fishes/merms. All the mobs ,the two goats and the pigs show the same green scales on their body. The pig seems to be in a low stage of the plague and he tried to hide his transformation by covering his hands up, but thy get revealed when Wilson takes the key. The two goats are in a too high stage of the plague and accepted this and don’t bothered to hide that fact anymore. What do you guys think about that theory?

Yeah someone already had this theory, they were discussing it on the first page

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I don't get why you're all looking through the files for all of this. The less you know, the more fun the experience will be. Also, I am sure that is just a placeholder for The Gorge event. The Beta, as the thread originally states, will happen early next week. And Thursday, where the Gorge Event should start, is definitely not 'early next week'. With that what they mean is probably Monday or Tuesday. Plus, we already have a date when the Gorge Event also ends, so why would they announce when the beta ends? I hope you do realize what you said was rather stupid.

Sorry if I said anything unpleasant, but I have to agree with

7 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Not only does it ruin the surprise when people go through files, it just immeasurably ticks me off when you are giving false information. [Like that the countdown is for the beta.]

Archived