Coming Soon - The Gorge!

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im just saying what I read, no need to instantly start a hate train on me... :(
It was more of an accidental find because the quagmire_countdown files are a bit more special than most people see

JellyUltra gave a perfectly logical explanation as to why the event will be releasing on June 14, and yet you still decided to go against it ONLY responding with "talk to the code" (which is one of the worst, most obnoxious & rude responses you could give) while referring to a file that only mentions the event in strings.

If you had put in the effort into actually experimenting with the widget to see what 90% of the other code was, you would've easily been able to (by filling in the arguments of CountdownBeta with literally any other mode and the rest of the required info) see that it is in fact just the ANR widget reused:

image.png.f856aab359ede1c1a7f6da375886bfd1.png

--self.beta_countdown = self.fixed_root:AddChild(CountdownBeta(self, "quagmire")
		self.beta_countdown = self.fixed_root:AddChild(CountdownBeta(self, "released", "silhouette_beta_8b", "the funny", {year = 2018, day = 14, month = 6, hour = 22}))

But all you did was see a single string in a file and go "yes this is in fact 100% accurate and no one can prove it wrong because im the epic modder"

11 minutes ago, Electroely said:

JellyUltra gave a perfectly logical explanation as to why the event will be releasing on June 14, and yet you still decided to go against it ONLY responding with "talk to the code" (which is one of the worst, most obnoxious & rude responses you could give) while referring to a file that only mentions the event in strings.

If you had put in the effort into actually experimenting with the widget to see what 90% of the other code was, you would've easily been able to (by filling in the arguments of CountdownBeta with literally any other mode and the rest of the required info) see that it is in fact just the ANR widget reused:

image.png.f856aab359ede1c1a7f6da375886bfd1.png

--self.beta_countdown = self.fixed_root:AddChild(CountdownBeta(self, "quagmire")
		self.beta_countdown = self.fixed_root:AddChild(CountdownBeta(self, "released", "silhouette_beta_8b", "the funny", {year = 2018, day = 14, month = 6, hour = 22}))

But all you did was see a single string in a file and go "yes this is in fact 100% accurate and no one can prove it wrong because im the epic modder"

I never said "this is 100% accurate" I just stated what I read.

2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I never said "this is 100% accurate" I just stated what I read.

Nice job deleting your posts. Several people have quoted you:

image.thumb.png.99321bc66480ac6335848d0a549832d1.png

image.thumb.png.6d9da7e2bc8116bd4e62b576dd47c546.png

You publicly stated that "the countdown is for the beta, not for the event start". If you had actually only stated what you read, you would've instead just said that "the file for the widget on the main menu is called "countdownbeta" which might mean that the date is for the beta release" or something along those lines.

But after evidence against June 14 being the beta's release date has been presented, you decided to use "talk to the code" as a rebuttal while, again, mentioning completely irrelevant parts of code that can be replaced with anything else for the same effect.

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

Nice job deleting your posts. Several people have quoted you:

image.thumb.png.99321bc66480ac6335848d0a549832d1.png

image.thumb.png.6d9da7e2bc8116bd4e62b576dd47c546.png

You publicly stated that "the countdown is for the beta, not for the event start". If you had actually only stated what you read, you would've instead just said that "the file for the widget on the main menu is called "countdownbeta" which might mean that the date is for the beta release" or something along those lines.

But after evidence against June 14 being the beta's release date has been presented, you decided to use "talk to the code" as a rebuttal while, again, mentioning completely irrelevant parts of code that can be replaced with anything else for the same effect.

Okay, enough is enough, the thread's de-railing, as much as I agree with you here, he's made a mistake, but we don't have to keep 'pointing' at his mistake, so to say.

I just really hope the Beta comes out tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, MaxwellTheGreay said:

Hop off the hate train, hop on the hype train.

5 minutes ago, Gungeoneer said:

Okay, enough is enough, the thread's de-railing, as much as I agree with you here, he's made a mistake, but we don't have to keep 'pointing' at his mistake, so to say.

I just really hope the Beta comes out tomorrow!

Well everything in this post went downhill well at least you are trying to make it better

Just now, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Honestly I just want to see how do you play this exactly, this seems like a bit more of a complex game mode than the forge fight for survival thing

I think you collect stuff and grow stuff to make food and feed it to the Gnaw and I guess it would be in a kinda big world

3 minutes ago, I.E.L said:

I think you collect stuff and grow stuff to make food and feed it to the Gnaw and I guess it would be in a kinda big world

but then again
how do you get coins for seeds and equipment (seems like one sells seeds and the other gear for cooking) from the mermchants?
how many rounds are there?
is this endless?
what happens if you dont feed the gnaw?
is any recipe ok for the gnaw's stomach?
I can go on with those questions forever

I'd love to believe that to cook something, you need to wait a minute or two and during that time, you can for example, go hunting for flesh, or grow something. I don't know - but I do know one thing.

I am SUPER hyped for this event.

Just now, FuffledBeeQueen said:

but then again
how do you get coins for seeds and equipment (seems like one sells seeds and the other gear for cooking) from the mermchants?
is this endless?

1.I think you can sell stuff like:food,seeds,pots and such

2.It might be endless or until the Gnaw is pleased and it let's you go

3.The Gnaw will eat you and Mermify you

4.I guess there will be some sort of display on screen on what the Gnaw wants

I want more questions

2 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

but then again
is this endless?

find out on june 14th on Klei TV Entertainment™ when our survivors feed the gnaw and each make their offerings

1 minute ago, crystal_clodet said:

find out on june 14th on Klei TV Entertainment™ when our survivors feed the gnaw and each make their offerings

And die

A lot

1 minute ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

but then again
is this endless?

It might be that you start with X amount of coins and later get more from the goats.

I guess it is going to be quite a lot, taking maybe 30 min for 1 game, 1 round = 2 min?

I guess it just gives us a game over screen but it would be nice to see us turn into merm.

I think we can feed it almost anything. It might be that if we cook the food wrong it might become Wet Goop. Some things probably are better than others, maybe a limit how many of really good food you can give in a row?

6 minutes ago, General Cupcake said:

Maybe beta gonna released in 11/12th June?

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Im not sure about this.

I bet on June 11 and 12, with a break 13 and returning on the 14th with the release of the official version.

Archived