Drawings and Drivel

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

wring_the_shirt.thumb.png.266380437755b651d34194a9577b5d1b.png

I honestly loved WX-78 the most in this. I definitely understand him in this comic.
But Wicker being casual and not even looking up from her book at all to even so much as acknowledge the nonsense, that's funny too. 

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

terriblewoodjokes.thumb.png.257aa67810aba26d3582c9f54700b9d3.png

Back to our regularly scheduled Wilson-likes-to-make-others-uncomfortable. this time with his accomplice Willow.

It's interesting you have Willow as Wilson's partner in crime. I figured they'd have to be something like that in whatever their relationship is, since Wilson likes to torture people with puns and Willow seems to enjoy mischief herself... 

I think you did okay with Willow's face, it looks like an upward tilt of the usual way you draw her. 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

"Other two beard gods"... Webber?

Oh. Yeah, technically, Webber beats everyone when it comes to beards, doesn't he? Or when it comes to hair at all, really. Just, he's covered in it, and then - Silk might not be hair but, we still call it a beard somehow. 

Though clearly Wilson's specific beard has magical properties, because it can resurrect the dead. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I definitely understand him in this comic.

You're allergic to water too?!

13 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

whatever their relationship is

I sort of theorise that Willow was the first person who was "unlocked" from the Jury-Rigged Portal/Floral Postern, and thus the first person Wilson was able to hang out with besides Maxwell. They became best friends because of this. Later characters who came along had a larger pool of potential friends to hang out with right off the bat; Wilson and Willow did not.

They probably picked on Maxwell a lot, back in those days. Good times.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

You're allergic to water too?!

No, allergic to being touched by filthy humans. >_> 
I guess you can say I don't like giving out hugs. It makes family reunions really, really awkward for me.

5 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

sort of theorise that Willow was the first person who was "unlocked" from the Jury-Rigged Portal/Floral Postern, and thus the first person Wilson was able to hang out with besides Maxwell. They became best friends because of this. Later characters who came along had a larger pool of potential friends to hang out with right off the bat; Wilson and Willow did not.

Oh, that's hilarious. Hilarious and beautiful. And definitely makes sense for how they could become friends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

20180720_134036.thumb.jpg.d8c9277d8910b6519763bdfe0d1d27d7.jpg

This expression is hilarious! Maxwell is obviously determined to eat that ice cream. It almost looks as if he's angry about it somehow or trying to prove something by eating it.
Maybe Wilson made ice cream for everyone and he's begrudgingly accepting it, only because the heat is unbearable. 

20180720_150144.thumb.jpg.042a7923dfb9da523c66df7ae26f6918.jpg

This one is funny too.  Woodie's outfit is really amusing! It kinda looks like something I'd wear if given the option.  I definitely walk around in shorts and sandals, showing my hairy shins off to the world in the same way... 

I never used those iceblocks in summer for DS. I would always just shove thermal stones into iceboxes and trade them out, and avoid travel so nothing else in the world could burn but the stuff near camp that wasn't protected with an icefling.

• Like 1

I was talking to a Wesfrid shipper the other day, and for whatever arbitrary pseudo-reason I thought "Yeah, Wilson would totally be a Wesfrid shipper."

Also, I wanted to draw Wigfrid's hair out of her braids. It's like so many fluffy springs. sproing

Spoiler

20180722_190002.thumb.jpg.1b08a63fe2dd0c15daae28c24bb5d9d0.jpg

There is only one person in the universe who can get away with playing with Wigfrid's hair.

20180722_185900.thumb.jpg.d26903dec53eee1adf877410ca647501.jpg

Wilson and Willow are sitting on their Judgement Bench again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Wilson and Willow are sitting on their Judgement Bench again

We need more judgmental bench observations! These expressions and reactions made me laugh.
I wonder what they'll judge next. 
Willow probably wants to judge fire and Wilson probably want to judge some science, but they'll probably have to settle for something actually present like how often WX-78 makes awkward computer 'beeps' for robot-variety snoring.

Also, I wanted to draw Wigfrid's hair out of her braids. It's like so many fluffy springs. sproing

Yeah, we never get to see any of the characters with their hair really 'down' because Klei found it easier to make them into ponytails of various kinds/found it more compatible... 
Living in a family with much curly hair over here, her hair probably won't stay for long like that. It'll quickly descend into a tangled, horrifically twisted patch/nest after the first day and take waaaay to long to brush out... After which she will try to braid it again to tame and contain the evil devil that such hair happens to be.   Hopefully anyway.   I get the feeling she just lets it tangle horrifically, I would suspect those braids of her's might be real dreadlocks after enough time in the wild.

There is only one person in the universe who can get away with playing with Wigfrid's hair.

What about Webber? I imagine he's gotta be really good as a barber, what with those spider legs and all. Or at least good at braiding and weaving. Maybe he's the one who helps Wilson with his hair, too.
But otherwise of me and my silly ideas, you might be right about that.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 12:32 PM, ResettePlayer said:

The entire cast still does.:wilson_sneaky:5b55841018484_maxwellbeingbullied.png.0915fbfa83b3da508935cf15b1ab4968.png

On 7/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, ResettePlayer said:

20180720_134036.thumb.jpg.d8c9277d8910b6519763bdfe0d1d27d7.jpg

I have to wonder if Webber and Wendy once a week late at night try to stuff as much items they can into Maxwell's mouth just to see how big it is...5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.png

8 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Willow's not wrong, the egotist is a cute-oholic.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

how often WX-78 makes awkward computer 'beeps' for robot-variety snoring

This is an appealing idea.

ponytails of various kinds/found it more compatible

I figured it was an animation thing. Honestly, if I doodle, say, Wendy's Shadow skin I'll scrap the ponytails because it just looks better without, at least I think so.

dreadlocks after enough time in the wild.

I was actually thinking about dreadlocks the other day. Can't remember the context, though.

My family has a tendency for super-straight hair, so I was always pretty fascinated by curly hair. It's just so strange. I can imagine it's a ton of hassle.

What about Webber?

Well, she wouldn't punch him in the face, but he'd probably get scolded unless she specifically asked him to help.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

The entire cast still does.

I love the whole Krampwell thing. It brings me such joy.

"Naughty. Definitely naughty."

I have to wonder if Webber and Wendy once a week late at night try to stuff as much items they can into Maxwell's mouth just to see how big it is...

Maxwell isn't cute enough to be a hamster, but...

Spoiler

3vT4.gif

Maxwell is pretty tall for a Chester.

Willow's not wrong, the egotist is a cute-oholic

This reminds me of a concept that never made it out of the sketchbook...

Somehow, somewhere, WX-78 finds a working camera. He keeps it and uses it for "documentation" purposes. After seeing Wes and Wigfrid cuddling or whatever, Wilson runs to find WX.

Wilson "Can I borrow your camera? It's really important."

WX: "LAST TIME YOU SAID THAT, YOU TOOK 14 PHOTOS OF THE KITTYKITS."

Wilson: "Cuteness is scientifically proven to be beneficial for good mental health!"

I have so many things to draw.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

This is an appealing idea.

It came from someone else's comic though, it was very funny. I'd dig it up if I knew how.

29 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I was actually thinking about dreadlocks the other day. Can't remember the context, though.

My family has a tendency for super-straight hair, so I was always pretty fascinated by curly hair. It's just so strange. I can imagine it's a ton of hassle.

Interesting. Not a single person in our family has the benefit of straight hair, it's all evil for all of us. If it's too long it turns wavy instead - The would-be springs are pulled down/out by the weight of the hair instead of retaining their spirals, and made into waves instead. 
I usually keep my hair in braids, sometimes the ends of the braids spiral. Otherwise my hair is too long and it's just wavy.

I wonder if that's why Wendy's hair is slightly wavy? Actually, it seems like a lot of the characters have 'interesting' hair, now I think about it.

But yes. It's definitely a hassle. 

33 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Well, she wouldn't punch him in the face, but he'd probably get scolded unless she specifically asked him to help.

Perhaps indeed. Not sure he'd be the sort to mess with hair without permission, Webber is really polite. But yeah, she'd probably never punch him like that.

38 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

his reminds me of a concept that never made it out of the sketchbook...

Somehow, somewhere, WX-78 finds a working camera. He keeps it and uses it for "documentation" purposes. After seeing Wes and Wigfrid cuddling or whatever, Wilson runs to find WX.

Wilson "Can I borrow your camera? It's really important."

WX: "LAST TIME YOU SAID THAT, YOU TOOK 14 PHOTOS OF THE KITTYKITS."

Wilson: "Cuteness is scientifically proven to be beneficial for good mental health!"

I have so many things to draw.

This is really funny.
I can imagine WX giving the camera a name, and sleeping with it at night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

sleeping with it at night.

Considering that half the other survivors are guaranteed to just grab it and take goofy pictures of their and their friends random antics, can you blame him?

WX is withholding the camera until someone figures out how to make film out there in the wilderness.

I need to get drawing some of those photos. Fleeting moments of the survivor life... sounds like good fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Considering that half the other survivors are guaranteed to just grab it and take goofy pictures of their and their friends random antics, can you blame him?

WX is withholding the camera until someone figures out how to make film out there in the wilderness.

I need to get drawing some of those photos. Fleeting moments of the survivor life... sounds like good fun.

Wolfgang would probably try to take pictures of 'the monsters in the sleeping mats' to prove them to everyone who doesn't believe in what he's fearing...
Webber would probably take too many pictures of his spider friends.
Willow would want to remember really beautiful fires.

Yeah, he'd have reason to watch over it. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Wolfgang would probably try to take pictures of 'the monsters in the sleeping mats' to prove them to everyone who doesn't believe in what he's fearing...
Webber would probably take too many pictures of his spider friends.
Willow would want to remember really beautiful fires.

Yeah, he'd have reason to watch over it.

Wilson taking so many pictures of anything remotely cute (I can relate. I have many many photos on my phone of my cat just sleeping.)

Maxwell taking photos of himself on any reflective surface.

Wigfrid posing with whatever large animal she's killed today.

They have a huge collection of these already, shoved into their most waterproof chest. And when (if) they ever escape the Constant, they'll look over the photos and get all reminiscent...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have a huge collection of these already, shoved into their most waterproof chest. And when (if) they ever escape the Constant, they'll look over the photos and get all reminiscent...

Heh, that's pretty funny to think about. Only, WX-78 and Webber might have an awkward return among others. And Willow seems almost like she's more happy there than here. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 9:51 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Milking this joke a little while longer.

toofar.thumb.png.c2d9653230afa3e590286d6b6f079c68.png

Oh no, Wolfgang has gone catatonic.

You know is'd bad when Wigfrid looks scared XD

On 7/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, ResettePlayer said:

terriblewoodjokes.thumb.png.257aa67810aba26d3582c9f54700b9d3.png

Oh I didn't see the whole image. Now I know what Minespatch meant XD

On 7/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, ResettePlayer said:

IMG_20180607_0001.thumb.jpg.79cb309e0d6b5cf895f0403aa8d8b5c7.jpg

Makes me wonder if Wilson is gay XD Willow also seems into Canadian lumberjacks ;)

On 7/21/2018 at 1:15 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Real talk: it never even occurred to me that I could ship Wilson with a possessed axe. Clearly I need to up my game.

No one's drawn it either. If you did, it'd be the first XD (though sadly people keep forgetting Lucy is a character since she's an axe. Even Abby gets loads more love).

On 7/21/2018 at 7:26 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Sketches done for that great stream wherein we just complained about summer the whole time.

Hide contents

20180720_134036.thumb.jpg.d8c9277d8910b6519763bdfe0d1d27d7.jpg20180720_150144.thumb.jpg.042a7923dfb9da523c66df7ae26f6918.jpg

This is a good representation of my last summer. Man was it hot -_-;;

On 7/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, ResettePlayer said:

I was talking to a Wesfrid shipper the other day, and for whatever arbitrary pseudo-reason I thought "Yeah, Wilson would totally be a Wesfrid shipper."

Hide contents

20180722_190002.thumb.jpg.1b08a63fe2dd0c15daae28c24bb5d9d0.jpg

Wilson and Willow are sitting on their Judgement Bench again.

@DatShadowJK

Wilson is me though (but more with Willowson). Plot twist: Wes and Wigfrid secretly ship Wilson and Willow XD

22 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

But yeah, she'd probably never punch him like that.

But what about the others? I really wanna see someone get falcon punched by Wigfrid now XD

22 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

This is really funny.
I can imagine WX giving the camera a name, and sleeping with it at night.

Something like Hal... Hal the II? :p

22 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Why can I imagine someone taking pictures of someone's butt? (Maybe Willow. Apparently she has funny obsession with butts >u< )

"WHO LEFT A PICTURE OF SOMEONE'S POSTERIOR ON MY CAMERA?!"
The culprit: *Giggling behind a bush*.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Makes me wonder if Wilson is gay XD Willow also seems into Canadian lumberjacks

It was the God-forsaken book. Twisted everyone's perspective of the cover model, regardless if he had anything to do with the contents or not.

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Now I know what Minespatch meant XD

"unintentionally naughty"

"""""""""""""unintentionally"""""""""""""""

Wilson is sliding his hand under Woodie's suspender, I doubt that was unintentional.

Note that none of this is canon.

11 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I really wanna see someone get falcon punched by Wigfrid now

adds item to list

12 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Maybe Willow. Apparently she has funny obsession with butts >u<

This is news, but hey, I can see it.

14 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

"WHO LEFT A PICTURE OF SOMEONE'S POSTERIOR ON MY CAMERA?!"

Oooh, I should do a scrapbook page that has several of the photo ideas listed here. Even one or two of Maxwell's selfies.

Man, I'm going to put aside other projects 'cos that sounds like fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Phew, just scrolled through a bunch of your art. I must say, I find your artstyle very interesting! I like the geometry/dimension in your faces, and the intensity of some of your works are great.

Also, your sense of humor is fantastic. Wilson, Wilson... *shakes head*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rock Lobster for the art stream.20180724_140533.thumb.jpg.d063d9449b494cc7d1c7b82984773986.jpg

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

Phew, just scrolled through a bunch of your art. I must say, I find your artstyle very interesting! I like the geometry/dimension in your faces, and the intensity of some of your works are great.

Thank you very much! Having more emotion and story in my art is something I'm trying to work on-- it certainly improves the quality.

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

Also, your sense of humor is fantastic. Wilson, Wilson... *shakes head*

Heh. Heheheh. 

You should check out Page 11.

• Like 11

Rock Lobster for the art stream.

I love it! The details are well done. And I must say, the scene is very cute.

Having more emotion and story in my art is something I'm trying to work on-- it certainly improves the quality.

I agree.

Heh. Heheheh. 

You should check out Page 11.

>.> ......

Is he reading.... Wickerbottom's erotica novels

• Haha 2

Note that none of this is canon.

Oh I know, that's why it's funny XD

This is news, but hey, I can see it.

I think you can see it more in her quotes.

Willow examining pig skin - “Ha ha. A pig's butt.”

So yeah XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Rock Lobster for the art stream.20180724_140533.thumb.jpg.d063d9449b494cc7d1c7b82984773986.jpg

This is really cool! I love all the detail put into the rock lobster, and how he's holding a little balloon. He looks really cute for a hulking beast that seems to be 70% stony exoskeleton.
I wish I could have seen the art stream, but I was helping my brother move to a new apartment. I'll have to try tomorrow...

Edited by gallusvarius

2 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I wish I could have seen the art stream, but I was helping my brother move to a new apartment. I'll have to try tomorrow...

The streams are pretty good, I'd recommend watching them. The vods stick around for a few weeks, and though you can't really get involved, they're still fun to watch. I find Jesse's laugh to be pretty contagious.

And rock lobsters are precious.

latest?cb=20130607055500

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

How much do you bet the rock lobster is going to fall to its death when the rope gives out?

The impact it could not shield, and the stone shell shattered into a million shapeless shards... like my heart.

• Sad 2