Drawings and Drivel

On 7/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Wes looks like a Muppet and that's a good artistic choice.
  2. There hasn't been any contributions yet, so at least one will be helpful. Do it for the children. 
  1. Note to self: Do Wes cosplaying as Beaker...
  2. I'll ask him tomorrow.
On 7/6/2018 at 4:33 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

That strip is... amazing. Reminds me of a character I'm playing in a D&D game at the moment, who's more concerned with brushing his hair than putting out that forest fire he caused.

You sure you weren't having a D&D session with N: The game master's version of Simon Belmont?

On 7/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. wilsontranscendent.thumb.png.81d1ae06df831a3d319385625202a3a7.png
  2. wilsondivine.thumb.png.85acea656ad04858591b18d3fd6d9756.png
  1. The eyes make the piece resemble a Felix Colgrave animation. Though it might be the angular beard. Love the subtle background.
  2. um1.png.b1e05d41469ebb6f695c64e4958ca7c9.pngI wonder what a overpoofed boof would be with a op beardgod...?5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.png

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Do Wes cosplaying as Beaker...

GASP! This is the best crossover.

32 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Love the subtle background.

Thanks! It should be said, however, that it was a stock pattern thing in Clip Studio Paint. Knocking back the opacity and adding a circular white gradient behind Wilson's face was the only work I did for the background.

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

overpoofed boof

Is this what they're called now? I'm totally on board, of course.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, vixenine said:

5b420c5f9d41a_beardguy.thumb.jpg.173847947b2cf983292eb31039feaba9.jpg

Oh look! It's that movie I really want to see but the library's movie collection has no taste, all the DVD stores in the area closed down because of Netflix, and Netflix is terrible in this country!

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

You sure you weren't having a D&D session with N: The game master's version of Simon Belmont?

Well, if he can remember how big fireball is, then no.

Spoiler

I forgot who the Belmont's where when reading that... I am disgraced.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Is this what they're called now? I'm totally on board, of course.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma/It's the name for corrupted beefalo.:wilson_ecstatic: IT even has a mod.

8 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

I forgot who the Belmont's where when reading that... I am disgraced.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPfRFFyKoBjwRxiw1-EbRThis version.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 6:05 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Wes may as well be a tallbird with those legs.

20180704_134455.thumb.jpg.9f7b459c4cbfebe2e09703e23c5531b9.jpg

On 7/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, minespatch said:

Mage is more about shipping Wilson and Willow rather than the scientist himself.:wilson_ecstatic:

*Has read Wilson x reader fanfics before*. AHEM! Yeah I-I prefer Willowson too! (Funfact: I was gonna do a DS comic a while about about a love triangle between me, Willow and Wilson buuuut... due to the popularity of Willowson (and my liking for it), I just couldn't keep the idea ^^; )

On 7/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, minespatch said:

It's something I hope the devs add in the future for all characters. There's a mod but I'd prefer if the devs would make glasses.

I'm still waiting for canon dupes with glasses. You may be waiting awhile ^^;

On 7/7/2018 at 5:18 AM, ResettePlayer said:

wilsontranscendent.thumb.png.81d1ae06df831a3d319385625202a3a7.png

Cue Willow running after him with a razor, demanding him to shave it XD

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's the name for corrupted beefalo

Wasn't it a bug? (Now if only there was a mod of the dancing trees)

• Haha 1

On 2018-07-09 at 8:35 AM, DragonMage156 said:

I was gonna do a DS comic a while about about a love triangle between me, Willow and Wilson

Isn't that the sort of thing you keep in your personal diary?

On 2018-07-09 at 8:35 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Cue Willow running after him with a razor, demanding him to shave it XD

Wilson definitely gives off a negative sanity aura in this form.

This page is getting dangerously close to not having any new art on it, so have some extra-scruffy right before bed doodles (meaning I was in my jammies and laying in my bed already but let's get some sketches in).

Spoiler

20180710_091312.thumb.jpg.95da3822539db5aa13d6fdd2a43c12ee.jpg

20180710_091429.thumb.jpg.0564f7b73800c19472ff974a439edf68.jpg 

I need to draw all the characters at scale to one another sometime. That would be a good exercise.

20180710_091340.thumb.jpg.2c1ed33554057cfc57c22086608344e5.jpg Willow takes a fire bath.

20180710_091345.thumb.jpg.bbf340ab880bfd2fe1d7f08a326669f7.jpg Wilson't subsequent disgust.

I'll try to upload something nicer soon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

Isn't that the sort of thing you keep in your personal diary?

What's a "personal diary"? Can I eat it? Can I throw it at Maxwell my enemies?

Seriously though, who uses those? I certainly don't and never felt the need to. Although there are some things I keep to myself but a scrapped comic plot (that I probably was never gonna start anyway) is not one of them. Besides Wilson looks cuter with Willow and, as stated before, I just can't drop Ria inbetween them ^^;

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Seriously though, who uses those?

That was my feeble attempt at some sort of humour.

Confession time, I use a diary/journal thing as an emotional dumpster. It makes the long-term bottling up of negative thoughts and feelings a little easier.

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wilson looks cuter with Willow

Not to shame your opinion or anything, but am I the only person in the freakin' world who finds it a tad weird to ship Wilson and Willow?

Probably. That's okay.

It's just the fact that they look so similar to one another that unsettles me. They could easily be siblings, and though I think we can safely conclude that they are not, it still makes me uncomfortable. Like. Why date your genderswapped self. That's weird.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180125034610 Look at 'em. Basically the same person.

Well, that's my take. Discussion time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Confession time, I use a diary/journal thing as an emotional dumpster. It makes the long-term bottling up of negative thoughts and feelings a little easier.

That's totally fine. I'm the weirdo who's emotionless apparently ^^;

Not to shame your opinion or anything, but am I the only person in the freakin' world who finds it a tad weird to ship Wilson and Willow?

No. There are people in the world that ship him with other characters and ever who don't ship them at all. it's really preference.

They could easily be siblings, and though I think we can safely conclude that they are not, it still makes me uncomfortable. Like. Why date your genderswapped self. That's weird.

Some people interpret them as relatives (like uncle and niece) which is interesting but I'd like to think they aren't connected in anyway before the Constant. We won't know until Klei reveals some more character lore. Also I've shipped my persona with my genderswap persona before. Luckily it was a flop.

latest?cb=20180125034610 Look at 'em.

I think the ship also came from the fact they are most used in Klei art/animations. People think Klei ship it. Although it's probably not true, it's a pretty funny thought :p(well they haven't denied it yet >u< )

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 8:30 AM, ResettePlayer said:

(meaning I was in my jammies and laying in my bed already but let's get some sketches in).

That Wes you did was very - It seems strange to say this - cute! Like, uh, the way a stuffed animal is. Silly and charming, I see you picked one of his natural mime-move-thingy-majigs. 
The Wilson and Wigfrid sizes seem pretty accurate. Looks like me and my brother when we stand next to each  other.
We almost look normal next to each other, until you put something next to us  for context, and then the disappointing truth of our height is revealed...
I like how you did Wigfrid's face, too. 

Willow is interesting with her hair down in your style. It's pleasing, though I wish I knew better how to describe it.

Heh. I see why you like that disgusted Wilson, it's a laughable expression. It's even better as your icon, maybe.

22 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Why date your genderswapped self

Well, they have different personalities, and also some different features. While many similarities exist, I don't think they're quite similar enough to make the development of feelings impossible. 
Not to say lack of feelings is impossible either, but rather to say that, it goes both ways. Though we already established our views on this, me and you, I think. I'm only talking because you said 'discussion time.' 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I think the ship also came from the fact they are most used in Klei art/animations

Yeah, they are the poster children. I can see how people draw conclusions from seeing these two characters next to one another a lot.

I'm more of a "friendshipper", if that's a thing.

9 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I'm only talking because you said 'discussion time.'

Thanks. Maybe this isn't actually an interesting conversation for others, but I like talking with you folks and hearing your take on things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I'm more of a "friendshipper", if that's a thing.

It's a thing for me! 
I'll scream MEEEEE! right now.
I do have some characters who I perceive likely that a 'crush' may appear between them (I acknowledge Willow and Wilson as one of them.), I'd say I have more who I just see as friends. And honestly, I scarcely ever draw Wilson or Willow, but have more drawings displaying my interest in WX-78 and Wendy's 'companionship,' if anything with WX-78 can be called such. 

I acknowledge a perceived likelihood that Willow and Wilson would be together, but I don't really give it thought other than analysis of whether or not it's possible.
Maybe for the sake of it though, I should draw some simple character interaction scenes to display how I see all of the characters and their relationships to each other. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gallusvarius said:

Maybe for the sake of it though, I should draw some simple character interaction scenes to display how I see all of the characters and their relationships to each other.

This reminds me that I haven't even started the roommate thing yet.

Character interactions are a lot of fun. I like seeing them, and I should do more. They can be a good way to practice visual storytelling.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 9:30 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. 20180710_091312.thumb.jpg.95da3822539db5aa13d6fdd2a43c12ee.jpg
  2. 20180710_091340.thumb.jpg.2c1ed33554057cfc57c22086608344e5.jpg
  1. Whenever a Wes main sees Wes animated in the trailer("weewooo here comes the wes train!").
  2. Willow as drawn by Modigliani. :wilson_sneaky:
On 7/10/2018 at 12:54 PM, ResettePlayer said:

latest?cb=20180125034610 Look at 'em. Basically the same person.

Me before joining the fandom.:wilson_ecstatic:

22 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

datsnarsty.jpg

judgingyourgroove.png.4066923a1a727ba632ff8015955e0bf2.png

• Haha 2

Willow as drawn by Modigliani

[does a quick google] I see. The faces.

They're all very L  O  N  G

Spoiler

amedeo-modigliani-portrait-of-jeanne-heb  L   O   N   G

They must be longer.

Whenever a Wes main sees Wes animated in the trailer("weewooo here comes the wes train!").

I think you meant "choo choo." I haven't seen or heard a lot of trains with sirens. Sorry for being pedantic.

1. judgingyourgroove.png.4066923a1a727ba632ff8015955e0bf2.png

Wilson seems to be judging a lot of grooves lately. They are my drawings, though...

Anyone want to psychoanalyse me?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1