Drawings and Drivel

On 8/6/2018 at 4:09 AM, ResettePlayer said:

20180805_115834.thumb.jpg.bf814bf9f6378870f2e3cb8d1095bf6c.jpg

Where have I heard this joke before? I'm pretty sure there was a similar situation in a game or show >u<

Still very funny XD

16 hours ago, Auspice said:

A lot of the time, I just don't take the medicine I'm prescribed.

13 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Uhhh... why not? 

I mean, my life has been very lucky so far and the only time I was prescribed a medication so far was because a friend in school had meningitis... but why ignore the advice of a professional? I'm not trying to shame you or anything, just wondering why.

I was due for a blood test a few months ago and now I'm taking iron tablets due to low iron levels in the blood. No idea why unless it's my decrease in fitness ^^;

12 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I think this is wise, to look for the root of the problem. If we have a headache, and it's because of lack of sleep but we don't yet know that... It's better to try sleeping first than pain-killer drugs, because sleep is the thing we actually need, and drugs can never replace sleep. 

Well I had a headache while playing Hot Lava the other day but... I wanna blame that on either the remnants of my cold or stress from the game itself >u< (trying to get deathless is infuriating).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Auspice said:

I prefer not to immediately turn to drugs

Well, that's reasonable. I suppose I thought that whatever the issue was, it was serious if you chose to visit a doctor. And with a very serious issue, well.

13 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I met one.

I'm so sorry. That must have killed your faith in humanity.

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2018 at 4:51 PM, ResettePlayer said:

1. cardsuits.thumb.png.c15e772ef6d7450af2a406dc4e59191b.pngI also learned that I secretly wanted to give WX a dramatic plume this whole time.
  2. Cursed count who experiences an abundance of auditory hallucinations teams up with saucy robotic knight to bring peace to the ever warring Four Factions of the Card Kingdom. They meet all sorts of wacky characters, solve all sorts of crazy mysteries, kill so many bears or whatever. It's gonna be great.
  1. image.thumb.png.abc95645546219e600d4382a3832390c.pngWX strikes fear in all the criminals of Gotham.
  2. Klei, people keep asking for a pvp event. Listen to Resette, Devs.:wilson_sneaky:
On 8/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. batilisk.thumb.png.7902fdf86c502529dc3dc9acf2c3be36.png
  2. This was done for Tuesday's stream. Bats and similar enemies are notoriously infuriating in pretty much every video game that has them. I think we've all felt like Wilson before.
  1. Batta, batta, SWING~!
  2. I was a lil' frustrated Jouste didn't read my idea of Wes forcefeeding a batilisk Guano in revenge.:wilson_ecstatic: I'm with ya man.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

WX strikes fear in all the criminals of Gotham.

The legacy continues in an all-new adventure.

Klei, people keep asking for a pvp event. Listen to Resette, Devs.

Yeah, don't just add a pvp event without something more to flesh it out. Give us political intrigue.

You know what's even better than an event? An ARPG (i.e. Diablo-clone) Don't Starve spinoff. A wholly new game, but with fabulous outfits and skill trees and all that good nonsense.

Spoiler

Like, okay, Woodie's thing would be that his weapon (Lucy) would level up alongside him, however, he is unable to use any other weapon. His stats are pretty normal, basically how he's pretty normal in DS aside from the whole curse thing. That tailcoat probably adds 25 points to his Charisma stat.

WX-78's deal is that he's the most customiseable character. Has the most diverse skill tree. His stats are mostly normal, except with a really low Charisma.

Wilson. Class: Alchemist. Stats: normal, except for an above average Intelligence and below average Wisdom.

Willow: Pyromancer. I dunno I don't really think about her that much. Probably has a high Dexterity with lower Int and Wis

Wolfgang: Strongman, warrior, whatever. Strength. Constitution. Low Int, lowish Wis. Highish Char

Wendy: Summoner. Very low strength. Pretty wise though.

Wickerbottom: Wizard. Super high Int and Wis, and a higher Constitution than, say, Maxwell.

Wes: Diplomat. Apparently put all of his levelling up points into Charisma and nothing else. Maybe a little Dexterity.

Maxwell: Sorcerer. High Int, slightly lower Wis than Wickerbottom, very low Cnst. High Char

Wigfrid: Barbarian. Strength. Dexterity. Low Char and Int, decent Wis.

Webber: Uhh... spider whisperer? Surprisingly high Char. Low Const, high Dxt

Winona: Engineer. High Wis, low Int, low Dxt and high Const. Beats people with a massive wrench.

Also the characters would have special abilities and perks aside from their classes and stuff. Wilson has Punomancy, which either greatly increases his chance of winning over new allies or exactly the opposite. If Wilson and Maxwell are on the same team, they get a huge nerf if they're too close to one another. "Hatred debuff". 

Maxwell and Wickerbottom both have the "Senior Citizen" perk, which mean lower costs at most shops.

Webber has the "small child" perk, which makes enemies less likely to notice him. Good at the stealth. Also the "precious child" perk, which makes NPCs from opposing factions less likely to immediately despise/attack him.

Uh. Yeah.

Batta, batta, SWING~!

Wilson's initial expression was a maniacal grin, but I feel like I've drawn that expression too much and could branch out into rage at least.

Now I'm thinking about him cutting off the batilisk's wings and legs and then playing tee ball. Dangit Wilson, don't be like Maxwell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2018 at 8:22 AM, ResettePlayer said:

cutting off the batilisk's wings and legs and then playing tee ball.

5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.pngBatball.

I think Wendy would get the most kick out of it. She's way more sadistic than Wilson "ALL THESE ANIMALS ARE CYOOT" Higgsbury.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

20180815_195711.thumb.jpg.704c33222413e1eb5e9230c195cfd48d.jpg

Oh... my. This is that most fabulous balloon blowing I've ever seen.

So I ask ye this... what if Wilson was cool?

Indeed, I'll be drawing everyone in Wes' shadow outfit, just to give them a taste of coolness.

I'd like to think he, too, can be cool - under certain circumstances.

Such as wearing Wes's shadow outfit.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2018 at 6:59 AM, ResettePlayer said:

20180815_195754.thumb.jpg.b7cdca597f6972880456618568cc2ee9.jpg

His calm and subtle expression is really, really good here. I really like this drawing of Wilson, actually, but you do a lot of his expressions really well, so I can't say it could ever be a favorite.

Shadow Wes looks pretty neat too! You did the scarf really well, with how it looks like it's in the breeze or something.
I see he's leaning on a sketched table-like surface. Is that an invisible mime-table, like his mime-bicycle and his mime-rope?

On 8/16/2018 at 11:21 AM, Auspice said:

So I ask ye this... what if Wilson was cool?

Indeed, I'll be drawing everyone in Wes' shadow outfit, just to give them a taste of coolness.

Interesting you mention that. In Forge, I was my team's healer, so I was Wilson. Ironically it wasn't even my favorite role, but I came to do it because I didn't like how other people were doing it. At any rate, my first victories were earned by the work of my own team (We had a little group of familiars.). But I was Wilson and one of the few things I had to wear was Wes's 'cool shadow clothes.' So I wore them, all through forge. 

Wilson can probably look pretty good in the shadow clothes. Don't know how you'll make it work as smoothly on, say, Wickerbottom. XD
Wolfgang can probably work if you take off his sleeves. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Cool Wilson would be a jerk.

Wilson is kinda a jerk already though. He'd just be a quieter jerk, I guess.

The rough I have done already does not imply quiet jerk, however. I would have gotten it done yesterday, but it was a rough, unfocused day, sadly.

4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

His calm and subtle expression is really, really good here.

Thanks so much! "Mild exasperation" was what I was going for, glad to see it worked. Practicing expressions can actually be pretty fun.

4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Don't know how you'll make it work as smoothly on, say, Wickerbottom.

It's in the pose as much as anything. It'll work, don't you worry.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

art fo da strem

WX in a tophat!
You did really well with this, it looks very dramatic. The three chess pieces glaring down on him and their positions is all very nice... It looks kind of intense. I sort of wonder if it explains some aspect of WX-78's feelings? 

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Been feeling terribly unmotivated and braindead lately

Aww. I know the feeling. 
For me, sometimes I just let myself go through my phases because I know I'll come back.  Usually I would play some video game, and the video game would usually inspire me back up again when I finished with it. However, for me that can take a month, unless I do quick doodles while the game loads scenes and stuff... Or, start the doodle and work a little bit on it each time the game loads. That sort.

Hope you get better soon.

• Like 1

So remember that time, long ago, when I said I'd give a shot at making other characters as cool as Wes? Well, after so many instances of sketching and never really being satisfied, I decided to just take things to some level of completion regardless of whether they were masterpieces or not.

Here's Wilson.

coolwilson.thumb.png.0b4a2caf038fa1fe436e4962f30ac8bc.png 

He's cool. He has good problem solving skills. And hair.

Maybe a wee bit creepy, though.

Some extra stuff:

Spoiler

Probably should have cropped it this way in the first place:

5b95925f5955c_coolwilson(2).thumb.png.766140c34814fd98707ec6b30a291da6.png

Originally he was going to be holding the Tragic Torch. I can't remember why I changed my mind about that.

20180909_122246.thumb.jpg.92a2c9f861913c0d35e56c9ed73ff7f6.jpg 

Original idea. To my unending frustration, I simply could not replicate the general pose and attitude in a more polished piece no matter how many times I tried. This sketch is so scruffy, yet it's probably the superior piece of art.

20180909_173233.thumb.jpg.0f2683881db4a874f7de8735493306e0.jpg

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Like 9

So remember that time, long ago, when I said I'd give a shot at making other characters as cool as Wes? Well, after so many instances of sketching and never really being satisfied, I decided to just take things to some level of completion regardless of whether they were masterpieces or not.

Here's Wilson.

coolwilson.thumb.png.0b4a2caf038fa1fe436e4962f30ac8bc.pngMaybe aor wee bit creepy, though.

More like a desperate Virgin trying to get attention of the nearest tail he can find.:wilson_ecstatic:

I like this ongoing theme. Makes me think of fashion models on a issue of GQ.

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

coolwillow.thumb.png.70f27a52f60da14d08aad10ae6bb4115.png

She's cool. She puts a match in her mouth like Vinny from Atlantis: the Lost Empire.

Another dork trying to get attention with flirting.:wilson_sneaky:

Eyyy, I like that film. If Willow actually had a accent similar to father Sarducci, I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face.

• Like 1

Here's Wolfgang.

coolwolfgang.thumb.png.01441710920e6159ef21fbd2c0af0a2b.png

He's cool. An absolute fashion icon with his pince nez and high heeled boots.

Speaking of icons:

facetobehold.thumb.png.7bde28fc1083b50be9a2cd9b6d1a295e.png

Spoiler

20180909_122307.thumb.jpg.e58b3164ee55ba947718976eae02cd9c.jpg

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

desperate Virgin

Thirty years later: still no progress.

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

trying to get attention

Whose attention, I wonder... are they all trying to earn Wes' approval by mimicking him? He's the closest thing to a celebrity around there. Other than Charlie maybe. Hrm.

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

fashion models

When you boil it down enough, that's all the DST crew are.

• Like 8