Dreckos ranching

1 hour ago, GrindThisGame said:

Can you add water to dandruff and make dandruff mush bars?

Do Dreckos get dandruff? :wilson_curious:

Is there Drecko conditioner? Do they use L'Oréal? 

Edit: What would the nutritional value of dandruff mush bars even be? Dandruff is just dead skin cells, so I highly doubt there's anything that would give you calories...

Okay now you've got me on a tirade! :wilson_ecstatic:

If you're shearing Dreckos, does that mean they can get ingrown scales? Do Dreckos need to preen? Do the skirts just come off? Why don't they wear shirts? Why can't we ride them? And why won't Klei make it so we can ride them! I WANNA RIDE MY DRECKO ARMY DAMMIT!! I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE SLOW, THEY CAN MOVE UP WALLS!! ONWARDS MY DRECKO ARMY!!! TO VICTORY!!

Image result for slow turtle gif

Personnally, I think it's weird that Plastic Drecko can only eat Mealwood and Bristle Blossom that only grow out of Hydrogen which it necessary to grow the plastic scale.

So you need two rooms : lunch room and Spa Room (Hydrogen) if you want shear the plastic Drecko. :p

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

Personnally, I think it's weird that Plastic Drecko can only eat Mealwood and Bristle Blossom that only grow out of Hydrogen which it necessary to grow the plastic scale.

So you need two rooms : lunch room and Spa Room (Hydrogen) if you want shear the plastic Drecko. :p

Or a double gas filled room.  CO2 at the bottom for the mealwood to grow in and H2 at the top for the scales to re-grow in.  Getting the gas balance right, so that each fills only 1/2 the room and stays put can be a bit of a pain though.  And it's best to use an exosuit or else staying in the CO2 long enough for the shearing can be problematic.

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Edit: What would the nutritional value of dandruff mush bars even be? Dandruff is just dead skin cells, so I highly doubt there's anything that would give you calories...

You mean as opposed to normal mush bars made out of water and dirt (i.e. MUD)?

Shearing dreckos for plastic is a silly invention.
For shearing/feeding exos would be best, but when you have exos, you need no drecko setup..
Whole game is sinking into micromanage section. Nice visuals and audio, but lack of gameplay.

9 hours ago, Oozinator said:

For shearing/feeding exos would be best, but when you have exos, you need no drecko setup..
Whole game is sinking into micromanage section. Nice visuals and audio, but lack of gameplay.

I don't get the whole creature thing.  Even a room of sage hatches was useless for coal but the rest make no sense.  Plastic from petroleum.  Read fiber is easy with a few reed plants.  Huge dup labor to ranch with no benefit, huge micro, and it takes 20 min to sort through the feeder options and do it for each creaturex2.

I feel the last 2 updates were useless and bought nothing.

3 minutes ago, chemie said:

I feel the last 2 updates were useless and bought nothing.

Jobs suck really, bring nothing then micro. Rotating through jobs a pain.
Whole critterthing the same.
Meat forever, some natural grown pinchas = HQ food.
I don't like how they changed temperature calculations, to bring radiant pipes into the game.
Whole game feels slow and boring now, no matter how many dupes i take.
So many "halfbaked" systems, germs too.

3 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Jobs suck really, bring nothing then micro. Rotating through jobs a pain.
Whole critterthing the same.
Meat forever, some natural grown pinchas = HQ food.
I don't like how they changed temperature calculations, to bring radiant pipes into the game.
Whole game feels slow and boring now, no matter how many dupes i take.
So many "halfbaked" systems, germs too.

Well, then there are tubes too.  I agree about game speed.  I don't like the jobs and having to always open up to level up my dups.  It interupts game play.  I do have 800+ hours in the game but it is frustrating.  I hope they have a roadmap but it feels like they just spitball ideas every 6 weeks.

20 hours ago, chemie said:

Well, then there are tubes too.

The tubes were a miniature upgrade, brought in to satiate the masses while they were off for the Holidays.

It was something done in half the time, so it'd to be expected that it wouldn't bring much in terms of content..

On 5/9/2018 at 2:09 AM, Oozinator said:

I wanted to try them, dupe holds his breath just fine long enough to groom the three in the stable without exos.  What is more annoying is the buggy way they refuse to eat mealwood right there in front of them and list a starving buff.....  They do eat eventually, I've not had one starve, but I hate it keeps popping up when there is so much food right there.....

Archived