[Game Update] - 259992

Shouldn't it have ended tomorrow?

On 1.3.2018 at 9:46 PM, JoeW said:

Hey everybody - We're extending the the event a couple weeks to March 16th. 

Have fun!

Usually when a day is confirmed by the developers, it means the PDT, which would be next day. Was that changed? 

After all, it's logical that it ends on Thursday, as updates used to come out, but still, I'm a bit confused.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Shouldn't it have ended tomorrow?

Usually when a day is confirmed by the developers, it means the PDT, which would be next day. Was that changed? 

After all, it's logical that it ends on Thursday, as updates used to come out, but still, I'm a bit confused.

There was a miscommunication with the team - the Event part of the game where the Year of the Varg is enabled in the game by default has ended. However the item drops will continue until tomorrow as originally planned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, JoeW said:

There was a miscommunication with the team - the Event part of the game where the Year of the Varg is enabled in the game by default has ended. However the item drops will continue until tomorrow as originally planned. 

Thanks for clarifying it!

I still don't understand though, why are the drops and the event itself separated... is there a reason to that? 

13 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Thanks for clarifying it!

I still don't understand though, why are the drops and the event itself separated... is there a reason to that? 

I think it's because the drops management server runs apart from the game client updates. 
So we can continue to drop items by the date set for this. Even though the event has been finalized in the game.

43 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Any news? No? Ok.. :wilson_cry:

Klei doesn't really do news anymore. They just say X is going to happen at some point, then don't say anything again until X is fully released.

Maybe it's some new strategy their PR manager is trying out to build anticipation.

Spoiler

It's not working.

• Haha 6

• Developer
34 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

I also disabled mods and same thing happened with only the jammies

Yup, we're working on a fix for the unraveling issue that you found. Thanks for the report.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It would be awesome if events would have a slightly improved item/chest drop rate than regular off-event seasons. Let's say increase the weekly limit to 6 (or even 8) rather than the regular 4 drops.

Another idea is to have some action-based drops e.g. back in The Forge you'd get one chest every time you level up. Say you have a 5% chance of getting a drop after killing the Clay Varg. To counterfeit crazy drop farming, action based drops could have cooldown. Using the given example, maybe you can only get one drop a day from killing the Clay Varg. So with a X% chance to have one drop per day it's a quite interesting challenge to engage deeper with the event's content.

The examples were based on past events - those are mere illustrations on what could be done for future ones :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, machete_kills said:

would be awesome if events would have a slightly improved item/chest drop rate than regular off-event seasons. Let's say increase the weekly limit to 6 (or even 8) rather than the regular 4 drops

But they do. Chests don’t drop at all during non-event play time, and each chest contains 4 items instead of the single common item they replace.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

But they do. Chests don’t drop at all during non-event play time, and each chest contains 4 items instead of the single common item they replace.

Or if you're like me, you suddenly start getting a lot of duplicate spiffy skins and lose out on the additional skins from chests.