Screenshot showcase

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Thinking about this, this is absolutely terrifying. It suggests that your cute little cat companion was actually keeping a horde of screechers at bay and now that it's gone, they are coming for you.

Fortunately for me, my Kitcoon is very well prepared for dealing with Screechers

image.thumb.png.3934d7af2b55bf70a3b2059ded0dd910.png

Just now, SomebodyRandom said:

Very intensive training and research to learn how to be the best by using Console Commands.

Yea what kind of commands you used to age that Kitcoon by 52 years and turn him into the Catlossal Titan

21 hours ago, jan Mele said:

618596132_(1411).png.a0e8bc6fe038a65647a670f6a82f379a.png

No!  No abandon Hentai Kitty!  It's not their fault they were born in the swamp!
(or that the player gave them that name.  : P)

Also, ALL HAIL MEGACAT AND MICROCAT!

Anyway.

operationgetreedsandstuff.thumb.png.6deb924705c0633f6fd911fbc47d3644.png

Today, is Operation:  Get Reeds And Stuff, Dammit!

So do you know what we're gonna do?

We're gonna get some reeds and stuff!

...dammit!

(sorry, I was just rewatching Sugawolf/SaltySuga's old Don't Starve playthroughs, and his speech patterns are just so catchy sometimes.  I think the original was "Operation:  Get Rocks 'n' Sh*t!")

But first, the Antlion has to throw ONE last summer temper tantrum, and as I run through the savannah to dodge the sinkholes (and realise I totally should've made my base here instead of where I did--it's a nice-ass savannah), I saw something.

thatgrasshasatail.thumb.png.d14e5b17e204c178401a4dd1b10eea6a.png

...THAT GRASS HAS A TAIL!  :D
(Am I ever gonna stop being so happy whenever I find a new kitty?  All signs point to "No.")
Okay, Antlion.  You're annoying, but you (indirectly) helped me find a cat.  We'll call it even on this one.

intotheswampfinally.thumb.png.a0a34eb0189082bab214c0aafdb7a6b0.png

All right.  NOW we're finally ready to start "Operation:  Get Reeds And Stuff, Dammit!" and...waitaminute.  Something about the timing here...right before I go into the swamp, which is known as one of the game's more dangerous biomes, I get a cat...

Did the game LITERALLY just pull one of these

dangerouskitten.png.f75b02c83da6d68306ab56711a11df66.png

on me?

XD

typicaldayintheswamp.thumb.png.d38e2fe0c74da39f5dd43a564b972c5e.png

"And this, kitties, is the reality of life."
I love how one cat is just kinda, y'know, hangin' out with one of the Merms.  : P

Of COURSE I vultured around here long enough to pick up a tentacle spike.  Duh.

chillswampnight.thumb.png.4667bd5f69f24dcca094078cbe0e2c9d.png

Well, Operation: Get Reeds And Stuff, Dammit! was pretty successful.  I came out of it with 20 reeds, a tentacle spike, 8 pigskins, four floorboards (guess what else I found : P), the location of a good patch of real estate and...a cat!  Not bad, considering I had to leave early 'cos I ran out of the food I'd brought with me.

Anyway, here's one of my patented Chill Hangin' Out At Night pictures, only this time it's in a swamp.

The new kittys name is "August", since we found him in later summer.  :)

Next up: The Bearger can freaking EAT ROCKS, and he might as well, he's already eaten almost everything ELSE at my camp.  But, my location sucked anyway.  A dark forest was very Wendy, but the new savannah I found has rabbits, lots of grass AND beefalo AND is near a meadow, a rockland and a swamp, and not too far from clockworks.  And it has a touchstone.  Yes please!

...Notorious

Well, it turned fall, I went on the looooonnnng journey home from the swamp, and when I got there, I was greeted by...

thanksbearger.thumb.png.7cc65dee86f85c85d5baaf1fb0d57dca.png

...this.

Well, FINE, Bearger!  I don't NEED this base anymore, anyway!  I'm gonna go make a BETTER base!  With blackjack and hookers!

...well maybe not that last part. But it'll still be in a way better location than this one!

entropysjourney.thumb.png.30290ee88e2c7dc36d9e5e787ec944b9.png

Since I'd also have to get the "Entropy" to the new place as well, I decided to just sail there.
(and sure, Wendy, ask Abigail, the GHOST with NO ARMS, to help with ROWING. That makes all the sense.)

aLOTofsailing.thumb.png.260d7fa640ee4eef76a248b51ac29d8a.png

...it was...a LOT...of sailing.

This is a Huge world, by the way, so that map distance may be even longer than it appears, if you're used to thinking in standard-world-size proportions.  Personally I'm just amazed I never ran into a huge landmass I didn't know about yet that forced me to go WAY out of my way, considering that, as you can see, I haven't even mapped the coastlines around here yet.

(I explore when I have nothing else to do...and usually, I have something to do.  And this is a solo server, so if it doesn't get done by ME, it doesn't get done.)

aquaflame.thumb.png.1d31c585c207c1120ccaa15147f2befc.png

I had written down all the stuff at my old base that I could remember, and the first thing on the list was "two firepits".  Regardless of the season.  Ever wondered what the endothermic flame looks like in WINTER?  Now you know.

Aqua flame is aqua.  :)

(actually I've seen this before once, by accident, in regular Don't Starve. Let's just say that how random seasons work there, is PSYCHOTIC.  Unless it's been changed since then.)

seepydeer.thumb.png.73ccb51730b04fb1c0714b272f396ff8.png

Hi guys.  You hiding from Deerclops too?  Same, same.
(Clopsy showed up TWICE in a freaking FIVE DAY LONG winter.  I guess the game was trying to make up for her not appearing at _all_ in the first winter.  I had just BARELY gotten anything rebuilt both times, so I just legged it into the forest as soon as I heard the heavy breathing.)

newcampinrain.thumb.png.d7c8e5726423048a78337daaa218367d.png

It's spring already because of course it is, and here's the new camp partially built.  Yes, this is indeed the new one.  Although I said I was moving to a savannah, I actually ended up at a patch of dark forest IN the savannah, because it was in just the right location to everything else!

And because I couldn't resist the irony.  : P

newharbor.thumb.png.742627630a812651df9e16d923f7e86a.png

This is where the "Entropy" and my new Think Tank ended up--about due southeast of my new actual base.  Aside from the fact that it's missing an endothermic firepit and about a bazillion charcoal'd trees, this is more or less the same as its "harbor" originally was.  : P
(also I love how it looks like that crow is ON the mast.  Avast, ye hearties!  Nevermore!)

wholenewcamp.thumb.png.952820f2ba364559a6441697e58ce383.png

And here's the whole new camp, not counting the drying racks and tooth traps that are off screen, the garden to the southwestish, or the Choppin' Trees off to the right. This is just the best location ever, it's close to so many things--some of them in odd combinations with each _other_.  The trouble of moving, during several season changes?

WORTH IT!  :)

...Notorious

...how the BEEP do you get killed by a meteor _just coming through the portal_?  Man, I knew worldgen could be a (censored) sometimes, but...  XD

Well, actually I might know how that happens--I had a world with this...

dstcivday37rudegreetings.png.d6489df592aad29812cc6095e6c8e96c.png

I dunno how well you can see through the combination of dusk and snow, but yes, there are black meteor marks RIGHT by the entrance.   Good thing nobody tried to join around this time.  : P

Anyway...

Time came for the first hound attack at my new base, and

ohgodvarglets.thumb.png.bf08f1a4e6b773c52931b30489a8595e.png

Oh.  Goodie.  We're doing THIS already, are we?  Dammit, can't a girl just steal some marble chunks in peace?

thankspigsandclockworks.thumb.png.c8d34a7a323756fd1deed6cec5afd5d3.png

Thanks, pigs!  And clockworks!  (There's also beefalo right offscreen--I wasn't kidding when I said this was a happenin' place.)  Varglet, do NOT kill Abigail, I just recently got her back from the last time she got beat up and OOH FREE GEARS, what can I put down...?
(lol look how TINY the kitty is next to the Varglet. XD)

itsrudetocookgears.thumb.png.03cb0f5efbd43b74a158221c07cf908d.png

After all this, I went home and in confusion, apparently tried to click the gears on the crockpot.
Look, it was a long day, okay?  XD

("mind my manners"  Yeah, everyone knows it's rude to cook machinery. Emily Post had a whole chapter about that.)

...maybe don't watch me right now, kitties. I have caught the dumb. : P

summerfarming.thumb.png.9703e528ac82f51943e473dca1b49305.png

Just a typical summer farmin' pic.  MOST of this server's year is summer, so expect a lotta brown.
I mean, more than you've already seen in previous pictures.
My scarecrow is back and lookin' snazzy in his BizCasFri outfit again, though.  :)

thechoppintrees.thumb.png.c632518d37e71215727fa849f1d3fdca.png

I have a feeling these'll be the BURNING trees pretty soon, though.  That reminds me--at some point, I should go back to that huge forest that got wildfired at my old location, and see how it's doing/grab some more charcoal.  It's fling-o and endo firepit fuel that DOESN'T take away from my potential crafting materials (wood).  Good stuff.

thanksrhino.thumb.png.188bac51fba00a3f9fa21b6e6fc8817f.png

Hey thanks, Rhino, I needed some more minerals!  Hey, while you're here, could you take out that ice too? I have ALMOST as much as I need for a third flingo.  No, I don't need to kill you or anything, I already _have_ the gears!  Just need the ice.  Could you do that?  Thanks.

(There are actualy larger pieces of ice still here, just off-camera.  That's what you get when a short spring comes right after an also-short winter--you get ice stickin' around for a while in summer.)

summercamping.thumb.png.483e2459327902aa05b14cdaeb537eeb.png

Summer camping by Glommer's statue, with fireflies.  (We already got Glommy himself on Night 51.)  Did I mention my forest-patch-in-the-savannah is ALSO right near the Pig King's birch forest?
(oh yeah and there's now ice in my inventory.  heh.)

abigaildancestoo.thumb.png.ac57928a22ea4e7b92b201eea466a64a.png

C'mon, Abigail!  Get down with your bad self!  Shake that pasty non-existent butt! 

: P

And that's my latest adventures at Beta Boogie-Woogie.  (bows)

...Notorious

Archived