Healer Wilson is canon

Roary

I like wilson healers, but they're all good i think

what i don't like is the healer sniping my infernal fire staff when i'm playing willow, and trying to juggle the fire staff, book, and heal staff

let me have the darn fire staf and use your heal staff to heal, and alternate with the book! >.<

I know!  At least I've never done that.  In fact, one time I got magma darts and took time where I could've been killed to type "HEY WILLOW MAGMA DARTS OVER HERE!" and put them on the floor.  If you've got something that really is specifically better for one character, and that character is there, you should always let THEM have it.  That's just common sense.  :)

...Notorious

Jeez, that's awful. Summon tome was invented for Wicker to juggle with a staff, pretty much, she really doesn't need to try to hog both staves ontop of that. (I assume wicker because you mentioned books)

On the upside, you could always just take the fire staff when she's not using it. I imagine the party would be on your side if the healer complained, as long as they weren't all super new... I've never seen someone try to use both staves, and it doesn't sound reasonable.

Wilson is ressurecting blowdart dude. Leave Staves for professionals. 

I mean Maxwell and Wicker

Wicker start deal great dmg after golem book drops. So she is best healer with amplified  heals/golems.

Wilson is just blowdart dude that res you when you type WIIiiiiIIILSOOOOooOOooOON in chat

Wickerbottom is by far the best healer in game, however I will always take healer Willson over healer Winona. Her 10% reduced cooldown makes nearly no difference, and it forces a character that can very well work as the support tank to role of avoiding damage. 

It is true that Willson does not have any healing buffs by himself, but we all know that Healing staffs most powerful use is it's sleep. It's simply far easier for Willson to revive players (And Willson's revive heals tanks more than full duration healing zone) when he is the one to put monsters to sleep when and where he needs it. 

The only point where I could see Winona having staff more beneficent for reviving players is the last stage of Boarior where indeed these 2 seconds can make a difference, and there is no way healer can cast sleep in a way that won't let Willson do his job - there is only a single target.

5 hours ago, RancorSnp said:

Wickerbottom is by far the best healer in game, however I will always take healer Willson over healer Winona. Her 10% reduced cooldown makes nearly no difference, and it forces a character that can very well work as the support tank to role of avoiding damage. 

It is true that Willson does not have any healing buffs by himself, but we all know that Healing staffs most powerful use is it's sleep. It's simply far easier for Willson to revive players (And Willson's revive heals tanks more than full duration healing zone) when he is the one to put monsters to sleep when and where he needs it. 

The only point where I could see Winona having staff more beneficent for reviving players is the last stage of Boarior where indeed these 2 seconds can make a difference, and there is no way healer can cast sleep in a way that won't let Willson do his job - there is only a single target.

Finally! Someone who understands why I favor Healson over any other healer. :D

8 hours ago, RancorSnp said:

A good, observant healer would notice this. One of the reasons I prefer Wicker as a healer is the additional cc. If I see someone died and Wilson is having a hard time trying to rez, I go and grab my petrifying tome to assist him. That way the majority of the heal isn't going to waste.

One other thing is that the charged spell power of wickerbottom allow her to get the 10% reduced cooldown crown instead of the healing bandhead since she already heals a good amount and being able to cast it more frequently is not hindered by a lower healing. 

17 minutes ago, orian34 said:

One other thing is that the charged spell power of wickerbottom allow her to get the 10% reduced cooldown crown instead of the healing bandhead since she already heals a good amount and being able to cast it more frequently is not hindered by a lower healing. 

Good healer wears both at the same time though. So you wear 10% cooldown hat, when the cooldown is almost done you put healing dealt, cast, and instantly switch to cooldown.   Anyhow I have done some number crunching which I will be posting in a second in separate thread that should help in all future conversations. 

When my friend tested, though, he came to the conclusion that the cooldown reduction is applied exclusively when you cast the special- so there would be no point in juggling the hats.(On the upside, you're also free to juggle tomes with the healing staff as wicker)

I do admit I didn't test it personally so maybe it's wrong, buut... :T

Archived