Healer Wilson is canon

Roary

On 11/9/2017 at 3:25 PM, Roary said:

Screenshot-2017-11-9 Don't Starve Together Event The Forge.png

Just because they made the game, doesn't mean they're good at it.

Case in point. This.

It's likely only a reference to how popular Wilson was as a healer during the beta and early release. Gradually the community is evolving past it.

Very, gradually.

20 hours ago, Zeklo said:

To be fair, while this is usually the case, they showed on stream that they were pretty decent.

More like the team they had was very good. More often than not, the success of the team does not come from one particular character but in fact the entire team is working together. There are no carries in the Forge. Only teamwork. And insisting that Wilson always be the healer despite there being alternatives is not a good sign of teamwork.

10 minutes ago, WilliamGreywind said:

More like the team they had was very good. More often than not, the success of the team does not come from one particular character but in fact the entire team is working together. There are no carries in the Forge. Only teamwork. And insisting that Wilson always be the healer despite there being alternatives is not a good sign of teamwork.

I'm well aware. I'm referring to "they" as in the team. Their first match of the stream I'm referring to consisted of all Klei devs if I recall, and they did well.

Double Wilson with one Wilson healing seems to work out pretty well. Having two people capable of fast revives is pretty nice and Wilson himself is capable of filling multiple roles.

If it's one Wilson, he isn't the best or the worse. Technically a Wes or Willow can be just as good of a healer as a Wilson, but you don't see people falling head over heels at the thought of Wes being the healer. That's the main negative cause Winona and Wickerbottom are both healers with benefits to them healing. I think the factor that makes solo Wilson a good healer is more in regards to it allowing the Wilson to revive if he is one of the last standing and it helps in bad teamwork scenarios. A good healer will back up their Wilson trying to revive someone, but you can't always rely on that depending on how good/bad the healer is and how good/bad the situation is.

I’d still take a healer who can keep mobs under control by herself over being able to do better revives because most of the time the reason team mates are dying is because nobody is bothering to concentrate their attacks on one enemy and are just solo kiting.

That said, I’d probably agree that there is more synergy having a Wilson healer over a Willow healer, for example.

Archived