The Constant?

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

SW never really seemed to fit in anywhere in the DS/T timeline. But if it's an entirely different world that's connected by The Constant, it now makes a little more sense.

i think nightmares is constant exclusive thing, so shipwrecked world is constant too

5 minutes ago, landromat said:

i think nightmares is constant exclusive thing, so shipwrecked world is constant too

From the cyclum puzzles it looked like the Constant originally belonged to the ancients and They came from a different world. So who's to say They haven't gone to other worlds? They seem to view our current group of survivors as amusement, so if someone fell into another world it wouldn't be surprising for Them to follow.

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

From the cyclum puzzles it looked like the Constant originally belonged to the ancients and They came from a different world. So who's to say They haven't gone to other worlds? They seem to view our current group of survivors as amusement, so if someone fell into another world it wouldn't be surprising for Them to follow.

You come to the SW world on the boat - nothing supernatiral. Spiders are there, Wild pigs, Tallbirds, hounds etc. For me it's obviosly just tropical part of Constant

13 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

SW never really seemed to fit in anywhere in the DS/T timeline. But if it's an entirely different world that's connected by The Constant, it now makes a little more sense.

I think it's part of the Constant as seen in the trailers that Maxwell can at least see what's going on. Like I said it seems to be where different realities converged and created a cobbled together world between worlds. 

Just now, landromat said:

You come to the SW world on the boat - nothing supernatiral. Spiders are there, Wild pigs, Tallbirds, hounds etc. For it's obviosly just tropical part of Constant

And then we're back into the weird situation of SW not fitting well into the current timeline...

5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

And then we're back into the weird situation of SW not fitting well into the current timeline...

You can start adventure mode in SW world SOoOOo (you even can find palm trees in sw adventure mode)

I think SW is the same timeline as ROG world. You can freely hop between SW and ROG worlds with seaworthy and start adventure mode in any of them. So SW just extends ROG world

Just now, landromat said:

You can start adventure mode in SW world SOoOOo (you even can find palm trees in sw adventure mode)

But there's absolutely no mention of SW anywhere in DST, that latest part of the timeline. Everything related to SW just vanished when everyone was brought together. Sw being a different world under Their control seems to make more sense to me then it being apart of the Constant.

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

But there's absolutely no mention of SW anywhere in DST, that latest part of the timeline. Everything related to SW just vanished when everyone was brought together. Sw being a different world under Their control seems to make more sense to me then it being apart of the Constant.

yeah, devs should add broken seaworthy to DST and characters should comment it like: "There is no way back"

For everyone who's interested, I noted all the comments that the Battlemaster sais during the fight in the Forge. It might help see thing a bit clearer. I also added some comments to show when these strings are said. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Spoiler

-- entering the Forge
What have we here?
Gatekeepers? You dare return to the Forge?
Have you come to reunite us with the Throne?
Ha! Laughable.
I am Battlemaster Pugna...
And I will protect what is rightfully mine.
Warriors. Prepare for battle!
-- small brake
Release the pigs!
--Pig waves start
-- end of 2. wave
Ha!
It's good to have a challenge once again.
This should be fun.
-- 3. wave
More pigs!
-- 4. wave starts, then ends
Impressive, Gatekeepers.
It seems you can handle foot soilders.
But our battalions are trained to work together.
You'll need to do the same.
That is, if you hope to stand a chance.
-- small brake
Crocoviles! To the ring!
-- 1. crocovile wave
Give the Gatekeepers no quarter!
-- 2. crocovile wave
Do you think you can win?
We've endured more in this realm than you know.
And as a forging fires temper steel,
Hardship has only made us stronger.
We'll never join you.
-- small brake
Tortanks! Attack!
-- tortank wave
How could you understand?
We were severed from the Throne.
Trapped in a realm of stone and fire,
With no scepter to provide for us.
Why should I serve a power that deserted my people?
-- small brake
You'd have been wise to find your own realm.
Seek safe haven and sever yourselves from the hub.
Yet here you are.
I wonder.
Do you understand the forces you serve?
...They destroy all They touch.
But They Themselves are untouchable. Unknownable.
That is why we cannot let you win.
-- venomeer wave
Grrr... End this now my warriors!
-- tortank+venomeer wave starts
Send in the Boarilla.
-- boarrior dies
Know this, Gatekeepers:
Once you are dead...
We will activate the Gateway.
We'll return to the hub and destroy the Throne.
My warriors are proud and strong.
And we will end this all, for good.
-- small brake
Let's finish it.
-- boarilla wave
Do not hold back! Kill them!
-- reinforcement comes
-- one boarilla down
We will not live in the Throne's shadow!
-- reinforcement comes
These marauders must be destroyed!
Grand Forge Boarrior!
I call on you! The ring is yours!
-- the Grand Forge Boarrior enters

-- victory:
No!
Eons of training, only to be felled by the Throne's lapdogs.
Please. No more, Gatekeepers. We surrender.
The day is yours, as is the Gateway.

-- defeat:
At last, our realm returns to glory!
Warriors, rekindle the Gateway...
Today we take the Throne!

It seems that the Ancient Gateway is the connection between the Forge and the DS world (the Constant?), but I don't really understand if the Ancient Fuelweaver (and the Guardian) were keeping it locked to keep the boarriors out of the Constant, or to protect the Forge?... this latter because the Battlemaster sais "I will protect what is rightfully mine".

In general it seems that the surviors/gatekeepers are the warriors (/puppets?) or Them?

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

No!
Eons of training, only to be felled by the Throne's lapdogs.
Please. No more, Gatekeepers. We surrender.
The day is yours, as is the Gateway.

So... If the cast wins- What does that mean? No return of Pugna or will he regain a cowardly inner strength to pick another fight in a future event?:wilson_shocked:

After reading the dialogs @fimmatek kindly helped us with

How could you understand?
We were severed from the Throne.
Trapped in a realm of stone and fire,
With no scepter to provide for us.
Why should I serve a power that deserted my people?

makes me believe that the Throne isn't an actual "chair" but more of a "round table" like in King Arthur's legend with his Camelot knights, and that they where banished to another deserted realm:

You'd have been wise to find your own realm.
Seek safe haven and sever yourselves from the hub.
Yet here you are.

because most likely one of Them (Ancient Fuelweaver maybe?) got corrupted with Nightmare Fuel and all:

Do you understand the forces you serve?
...They destroy all They touch.
But They Themselves are untouchable. Unknownable.
That is why we cannot let you win.

What do you guys think? :)

You know guys, i feel like we're missing a big thing in all of this

A lot of things said by Pugna, descriptions of items, vignettes and even backgrounds

A lot of things are mentioned that were never said, or even foreshadowed before, like the Constant, sudden acceptance the characters are feeling for their situations, their title as the "Survivors", the idea that they are actualy serving Charlie, a lot of things that doesn't just fully make sense

Which leads me to a conclusion

Ladies and Gentelmen, i think we're getting a new cinematic soon

Well, at least its explained how they got there in the first place 

10c178ba98f08cecf577bbc53e741fe9.png

17 minutes ago, Newax said:

their title as the "Survivors"

Actually, that's been around for a while now. I know Klei employees have called the DS/T cast that in the past as well as a lot of us on the forms as well. But I suppose this is the first official mention of it...

17 minutes ago, Newax said:

the idea that they are actualy serving Charlie

I think they might be trying to protect her. If Pugna got to the throne then there's a chance he could kill her while trying to destroy it. At least that's the only rational explanation I can come up with on why they'd actually want to protect the throne...

32 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think they might be trying to protect her. If Pugna got to the throne then there's a chance he could kill her while trying to destroy it. At least that's the only rational explanation I can come up with on why they'd actually want to protect the throne...

That's what I figured as well. Charlie opened the gateway in "What Lies beyond"(Winona's first appearance), so Charlie might be "chessmastering" both sides to see how they react. I can only wonder why Charlie opened the gateway when Pugna is set on attacking her...

The entire thing shouts misunderstanding to me.

Since the "hub" gateway in the Constant was under guard by the Ancient Gatekeepers, Pugna assumes that we're working for Them—since the Ancients presumably were.

"With no scepter to provide for us."

Pugna mentions a scepter, presumably the Ancient Cane—and not in an explanatory sort of way. They already assume we know what they're talking about.

"Eons of training, only to be felled by the Throne's lapdogs."

They've spent so long in this other realm training but never going back. It's extremely likely they are not aware of the Ancient civilization's demise. Thus leading to a most unfortunate misunderstanding.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:32 PM, minespatch said:

And since Atrium means heart... Kingdom Hearts?:wilson_sneaky:

So Atrium means the TOP PART OF THE HEART nor the whole thing, the atrium is separated from the bottom part which is called the ventricles so  there's that. And there are both left and right parts of the atrium and ventricles. 

Spoiler

It also means that thing that's glass and at the too of the malls and stuff.

Just to let you know.

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think they might be trying to protect her.

Protecting her, but why? Did they know about Pugna before they entered the Forge? I think they are just Charlie's pawns, who uses them for her own goals, I haven't seen any mentions that there were direct communication between them. Furthermore, if Pugna couldn't go back to the Constant ("trapped in a realm of stone and fire"), why did Charlie even let the Gateway open? She would have stayed safe without it.

I also don't really understand what are Pugna's goals. At the beginning of the battle he behaves as if he were attacked (well, he is) and just wanted to protect his realm. It also seems that some other Gatekeepers were already in the Forge ("You dare return to the Forge?"). However, as the battle closes to its end, he sais that he'll invade the other world and destroy the Throne. He suddenly changed his mind?...

On 10/24/2017 at 3:32 AM, minespatch said:

And since Atrium means heart... Kingdom Hearts?:wilson_sneaky:

You should've summoned me spatch, shame on 38e2e195eda1c46626f506ece7e4408b.jpg.

Also, I can't resist...

So we got The Constant...but where is The Variable?

Shipwrecked?

Oh god, they're finally finding a way to fit Shipwrecked into this.

OK TIME FOR THEORIZING!!!!

Spoiler

So Wilson finally decided to take Pugna's advice and sought out his own realm, the Wizarding World of Hogwarts The World of Shipwrecked. Each of the characters then split off and did their own thang on their own islands.

Truth is there's a lot more islands in the Shipwrecked world, but you cannot access them because everybody came to an agreement that they'd go their separate ways and live their separate lives! It all makes sense now...

Or y'know when they built the seaworthy the first time around, Charlie meddled with it, and when they all got in to use it, they were split across different realities. (Ouch, I guess the punishment for disobeying The Throne is getting scattered across the multiverse...)

Spoiler

And don't say "but, it was during Maxwell's reign!" IGNORE THE TRAILERS DAMMIT!!

We are unable to access the Adventure Portal, and as such cannot rescue Maxwell IF he were still on the throne, BUT since he's still playable that means this is after he was rescued by Wilson, and as such after the events of DST. 

Image result for boom gif

Queue Mic Drop!

Image result for queue mic drop gif

Spoiler

What? What'd you mean "What about the others?"

Ugh, fine. They came with the dimension, happy?

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

So we got The Constant...but where is The Variable?

Constant might be the DST main world game (Forest, Caves, Atrium), and The Variable(s) probably are, beside The Forge, future DST mini-games like Forge, aka worlds visited via Ancient Gateway (and, in lore context, visited/attacked by Them).

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Protecting her, but why?

Because, we've seen what happens to those influenced by Them. If everyone is willing to sympathize with Maxwell, then the rest of the survivors knows she's not to blame here. She's merely Their puppet. And if Pugna seems like the kind of person willing to sacrifice others to achieve his goals (and he dose exactly that as we've seen in the Forge). So he wouldn't hesitate to kill Charlie if he thought that was the way to destroy the throne (and destroying the throne could possibly destroy Their grip on the world, meaning death becomes real again).

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Did they know about Pugna before they entered the Forge?

I doubt it. I think the only reason the survivors landed in the Forge is because that was just the previously set destination.

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I think they are just Charlie's pawns, who uses them for her own goals, I haven't seen any mentions that there were direct communication between them.

Everyone is a pawn, even Charlie. They are the ones moving the pieces around. And I'm pretty sure the survivors know that. Pugna might know that as well to some degree.

3 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Furthermore, if Pugna couldn't go back to the Constant ("trapped in a realm of stone and fire"), why did Charlie even let the Gateway open? She would have stayed safe without it.

I don't really think she believes Pugna to be much of a threat. If she did, then she would have obviously left the portal alone. We still don't know the intentions of our chess-masters so we can't say why the portal was opened in the first place.

Archived