The Forge Beta - [Now Closed]

JoeW

1 minute ago, schwedischerKoch said:

didnt they say u get a reward for playing the beta?

Yep:

On 10/23/2017 at 1:57 PM, JoeW said:

Can I keep the items I gain during the Beta?
The Forge will be in a test environment and will not be using production services. You will not be able to use the items you have in the live service and you will not be able to bring the items you earn during beta to the live service. We will be providing items to players in the beta once The Forge goes live depending on how long you spent playing the beta.

Though I assume you're referring to the post above. In which case they are are stating that, for said reward, they hope among it is the item the person wanted.

Will they be adding an option to kick people out of servers? Like, what if you get an uncooperative player, or someone who just purposely messes up the game for the rest of the group? An option to vote out such players would be nice to have, no? In the same way that players are given the option to start a game with less than six players via voting, I think it would be useful to be able to vote out trolls and the like out of the server you're playing.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'm having the opposite problem. People dropping out in middle of matches. It'd be nice to have players be consistant during play but I guess I can't control people's actions.

All in all, I just want Wendy's gloves.:wilson_ecstatic:

I want the entire Wendy set (and a better schedule so that I can play more)

other than that I'm fine. I'll just have to wait for sem break.

16 minutes ago, Opale said:

I don't get it, do we keep the skins that we won in the beta or they will be lost when the beta is over ? 

They do not carry over.

However depending how long you participated in the beta you will be given some new items.  

13 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Oh another thing I've noticed is that chat emoticons have a little "reminder" when you type part of them. You can scroll through them and it'll highlight them, but whenever I try to click enter to do what I'd assume to be an "auto-fill" it just puts my incomplete message in chat.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's misleading—or maybe its not misleading and I'm the only one x_x.

Press "Tab" to auto-fill it.

So as a joke, I, and 5 other friends decided to do a challenge:
5 Wes-es and a Wilson. (I was the Wilson)

We all thought we would bite the dust after the second round...

After making a bunch of Wes-ist comments (cuz I kept complaining on how I couldn't tell each Wes apart, and how they all look the same :3) and "East or West, Wes is Best" memes....

Spoiler

We made it to the two Boarillas and the Grand Forge Boarior.

What is this madness? XD

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

So as a joke, I, and 5 other friends decided to do a challenge:
5 Wes-es and a Wilson. (I was the Wilson)

What is this madness? XD

IF you used great coordination and timed the weapons cool down time, that would explain things.

26 minutes ago, minespatch said:

IF you used great coordination and timed the weapons cool down time, that would explain things.

We were a disorganized mess!

The only reason why we managed to get so far was that Wilson revives 3x as fast, and Wes gets revived 2x as fast. So it's near instantaneous resurrection. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Developer
13 minutes ago, kuraisen said:

Can someone point me to how to access the Forge beta? I tried looking for it by launching the Don't Starve Together game on PC and was trying to browse the games for it. Is there something else I need to do?

If you would like to access The Forge, follow these steps: 

• In Steam, click on Library > Games.
  • Scroll down to Don't Starve Together.
  • Right-click and select Properties.
  • Go to the BETAS tab.
  • In the dropdown, select the name of the branch you want to play. "forgebeta - The Forge Beta branch"
  • In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache."
  • Your game will be updated to The Forge Beta branch.
  • Launch and play Don't Starve Together

dont know if this was something OFC to every 1 else but ive just reliced ...playing in THE FORGE counts to your gift timer for a regular world ....so after playing the forge hop in to a normal DST world and instance gift XD (if its time for u to have 1 ofc) and u get pugna chests from it some times 

Archived