[Game Update] - 221167

• Developer
  • Fixed issue with input dropping for some people on OSX.
  • Fixed crash when using a Napsack on a mounted player on a PvP enabled server.
  • Fixed bug where bait can sometimes disappear when picking up a Bird Trap.
  • Updated Player battle cries when fighting Pig Men.

View full update

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Angibot said:

Didn't got the joke

It's not a joke. Some days ago, someone on the mod and tool topic asked for help for some error with speechs. alainmcd fixed the problem, and also saw that all the speeches line when attacking a pig couldn't work because it was the wrong prefab name. So he made a bug report and it was corrected some days later

It's not a big bug, it's a very small thing, and it doesn't cause the game to crash, so it's kinda invisible. Also, it's probably a very ancient bug. So noticing it is hard, it's why i complimente alainmcd.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Updated Player battle cries when fighting Pig Men.

15 hours ago, Lumina said:

Nice catch @alainmcd

Ha, yeah, RIP probably one of the oldest bugs in the game, 2012? - 2017. It's very small, but I think it's quite noticeable once fixed since it adds lines to fighting pigs (who doesn't fight pigs!?) and most of them are funny:

Spoiler

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Here piggy piggy!"	-- Wilson uses "GENERIC" lines
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I'll let him go. This time."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WATHGRITHR.BATTLECRY.PIG = "I'm having pig tonight!" -- "tönight"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WATHGRITHR.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I'll be back, pigskin!"

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Brains over brawn!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WAXWELL.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Next time, pig!"

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WEBBER.BATTLECRY.PIG = "We hate it! Horrible pig!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WEBBER.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Another day, pig."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Let death embrace you!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WENDY.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "You've eluded death today, beast."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Foul cad!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WICKERBOTTOM.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Oh dear."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Stupid pig!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WILLOW.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Get back here, pork chop!"

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.BATTLECRY.PIG = "I am sorry, my friend!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOLFGANG.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I forgive you, pig man."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODIE.BATTLECRY.PIG = "I'll make bacon of you yet!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODIE.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I thought that would go better."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WX78.BATTLECRY.PIG = "COMMENCING VIOLENCE"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WX78.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "NEXT TIME, FILTHY ORGANIC"

-- SW cast:
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WALANI.BATTLECRY.PIG = "DESTRUCTION!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WALANI.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Haha, gotcha." -- It's just a prank, bro.

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WARLY.BATTLECRY.PIG = "No part of you will go to waste, cochon!" -- "cochon" means "pig" in French
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WARLY.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Noooo, those hocks, those chops..."

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.BATTLECRY.PIG = "Thar be ham on th'menu tonight!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WOODLEGS.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "Ye live ta ham it up 'nother day."

-- Move along, nothing to see here.
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.BATTLECRY.PIG = "We're makin' bacon!"
STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I went easy on you!"

Not fixed in DS (yet), so I uploaded a fix here and to the Steam Workshop. There's a similar bug that hasn't been addressed yet with different inspection lines for beeboxes, I've also uploaded a fix here, to the DS Workshop and to the DST Workshop, if anyone's interested.

--

There are two new lines and some code mentioning disabling client-side mods for a certain server:

CLIENT_MODS_DISABLED_TITLE = "Client Mods Disabled"
CLIENT_MODS_DISABLED_BODY = "Your client mods will be temporarily disabled while playing on this server."

I haven't checked if this is fully implemented yet.

• Like 13

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WARLY.BATTLECRY.PIG = "No part of you will go to waste, cochon!" -- "cochon" means "pig" in French

As we say in french "tout est bon dans le cochon" ("everything is good in pig")

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alainmcd said:

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.BATTLECRY.PIG = "We're makin' bacon!" STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I went easy on you!"

Ah good, I was tired of killing pigs without a good battlecry playing as her... Wait.

• Like 16

7 hours ago, alainmcd said:

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.BATTLECRY.PIG = "We're makin' bacon!"

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WINONA.COMBAT_QUIT.PIG = "I went easy on you!"

Klei, are you even TRYING to hide Winona from us or you want us to have a peek? Because you hid the previous quotes, what's the deal?

Just now, minespatch said:

Wait a sec, when did Walani turn into h3h3?

When the pig fights back and prank goes wrong:

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.WALANI.COMBAT_COUNTER.PIG = "BRO, IT'S JUST A PRANK! LOOK AT THE CAMERA!

(Yes, I made it, it isn't real.)

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, alainmcd said:

There are two new lines and some code mentioning disabling client-side mods for a certain server:

I haven't checked if this is fully implemented yet.

Hopefully there will be some form of white/black lists that the server can use instead of an all-or-none dealio.

For instance, geometric placement is harmless and encourages good layouts which would be good for a whitelist.

Compare this to some other sort of mod that grants in-game advantages which would be good for a blacklist.

Then have some default behaviour fallback that the server chooses in case a client mod is not on either list.

Finally, having an option so the server can enforce only mods from the workshop to further prevent malicious users using private homebrew mods.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2017 at 2:29 AM, AnonymousKoala said:

cue 10 line rant of "WHY HAVE YOU NOT TOLD US ANYTHING KLEI, WE NEED TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE THING YOU'RE WORKING ON"

Are you attempting to peddle the idea that it is unruly to want the company to be even remotely transparent about their intentions, in a game that massively thrives off receiving new content. In a stage where there is no current knowledge about what is going to happen next at all when the community should have received a statement at this point as to the what the future plan is for this game.

Perhaps some body should have arrived sooner and said "cue 1 line rant contorting a justified trend and right of the consumer base into an outrageous act of self entitlement in order to contrive something to be negative and condemning about" so that they could have received a cluster of likes for predicting the future you made a reality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

Are you attempting to peddle the idea that it is unruly to want the company to be even remotely transparent about their intentions, in a game that massively thrives off receiving new content. In a stage where there is no current knowledge about what is going to happen next at all when the community should have received a statement at this point as to the what the future plan is for this game.

Perhaps some body should have arrived sooner and said "cue 1 line rant contorting a justified trend and right of the consumer base into an outrageous act of self entitlement in order to contrive something to be negative and condemning about" so that they could have received a cluster of likes for predicting the future you made a reality.

No I'll fully admit seeing this update after the while we've waited was a dissapointment. But ANR was recently finished, and there's, legally, no real rule that means they have to tell us what they're working on now. Besides, other Klei games, etc. etc. 

The commuity isn't at a situation it needs to know the future, it's just that it would be nicer to know it, but the community's doing pretty well even without anything like that.

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

What are these COMBAT_QUIT quotes? I never see the characters say anything after running away from combat xD...

I believe these are for when you can't catch an enemy. Let's say you pressed F fo attack it but it's far and running away (a gobbler, for example). Your character will chase it, but if it cannot hit it in the next x seconds, it stops ands sais the COMBAT_QUIT quote for that enemy/mob.

• Like 3