Dupe-A-Day!

slickster_on_head_resized_by_dociledrago

Drew this dupe on the train the other day. When I first saw a slickster my Metriod logic told me that it either attacks a dupe's head or fires projectile underneath it. I love the little things.

Edit: I am aware that Slicksters don't attack see comment below for explanation  

2 hours ago, Docile_Dragon said:

slickster_on_head_resized_by_dociledrago

Drew this dupe on the train the other day. When I first saw a slickster my metriod logic told me that it either attacks a dupe's head or fires projectile underneath it. I love the little things.  

They can't attack. Only hatchs can do that. 

11 hours ago, Xedlord said:

They can't attack. Only hatchs can do that. 

@Xedlord Let me clarify my statement. I am aware that slicksters can't attack. However the knowledge I gained from the Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission specifically) made my first reaction to these creature be thinking of ways they might attack.

Edit: Sorry if that was a double ping Xedlord I wasn't thinking about what I was doing my bad    

4 hours ago, Docile_Dragon said:

@Xedlord Let me clarify my statement. I am aware that slicksters can't attack. However the knowledge I gained from the Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission specifically) made my first reaction to these creature be thinking of ways they might attack.    

I guessed that that might be the case, but I wanted to make sure. 

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ruby asks the pressing questions, like "Where can I get a leather jacket in space?"

She found one XD

I wonder if leather will be a material in the future. It's an interesting idea.

I think pleather would be the more sensical answer to that, since in order to get actual leather, you'd need cows.

And as much as I'd love to see space cows in ONI, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Spoiler

(Although I'll happily put my foot in my mouth in retrospect if space cows do in fact get implemented into ONI. :3)

Also pleather can be made from plastic. So there we go.

Polymer Press + Textile Loom = A whole new world.

Spoiler

(All I'm saying is that I want pleather jackets and aviators added into the world. M'kay? :wilson_nerdy:)

KLEI PLEASE MAKE THAT A THING!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!! 

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I think pleather would be the more sensical answer to that, since in order to get actual leather, you'd need cows.

And as much as I'd love to see space cows in ONI, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Reveal hidden contents

(Although I'll happily put my foot in my mouth in retrospect if space cows do in fact get implemented into ONI. :3)

Reveal hidden contents

(All I'm saying is that I want pleather jackets and aviators added into the world. M'kay? :wilson_nerdy:)

technically you can get leather from a lot of different animals if you know how to skin them right. but pleather would probably be easier for them to make

1 hour ago, mf99k said:

technically you can get leather from a lot of different animals if you know how to skin them right. but pleather would probably be easier for them to make

Plus more humane, and easier to implement.

I mean we're on an asteroid! There's no way to properly make and sanitize that shiz!

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Tempart did it.

Omg that would make a lot oof sense (and we can stop blaming it on Snail Cocoa :p )

InB4 it says Tempart on the other side XD

18 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Hide contents

But what could pleather be used for aside from clothes. I guess looking cool instead of snazzy reduces stress :p

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Omg that would make a lot oof sense (and we can stop blaming it on Snail Cocoa :p )

InB4 it says Tempart on the other side XD

But what could pleather be used for aside from clothes. I guess looking cool instead of snazzy reduces stress :p

Pleather furniture. Pleather clothing could also be clothing that keeps dupes warm while also adding decor. 

We could make lounge areas!

Places for idle dupes to stay so that:

A. They're out of the way

B. They aren't just standing in dangerous areas

C. So they have something to do while they're idle

Also assless chaps. What else need be said? :3

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

C. So they have something to do while they're idle

if only dupes were idle just because they didn't have anything to do and not because someone decided to be a pile of dirt and trap them somewhere or because a block of sand fell and oh no can't possibly move the sand gotta just sit here till i die

50 minutes ago, mf99k said:

if only dupes were idle just because they didn't have anything to do and not because someone decided to be a pile of dirt and trap them somewhere or because a block of sand fell and oh no can't possibly move the sand gotta just sit here till i die

Saw that video of yours.

Could've easily solved it by digging the sand tile at the end. :3

Or just enabling Red Alert, or making them dig all the tiles beneath them. x3

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Saw that video of yours.

Could've easily solved it by digging the sand tile at the end. :3

Or just enabling Red Alert, or making them dig all the tiles beneath them. x3

yeah, in that case it was easy to fix and I knew what was wrong I just wanted some time to get mad at them but when it normally happens it's because someone dug out an entire section of tiles that was some other dupe's only pathway back to the base or dug a tile underneath them and ended up in a hole and sometimes said dupe has trypophobia and can't dig themselves out of it (the irony of being too scared of holes to dig self out of hole) or otherwise can't build so can't construct the tiles needed to get back. wouldn't be too much of a problem normally but I like to space my base out a lot so I don't usually notice right away especially if I'm afk

Just now, mf99k said:

yeah, in that case it was easy to fix and I knew what was wrong I just wanted some time to get mad at them but when it normally happens it's because someone dug out an entire section of tiles that was some other dupe's only pathway back to the base or dug a tile underneath them and ended up in a hole and sometimes said dupe has trypophobia and can't dig themselves out of it (the irony of being too scared of holes to dig self out of hole) or otherwise can't build so can't construct the tiles needed to get back. wouldn't be too much of a problem normally but I like to space my base out a lot so I don't usually notice right away especially if I'm afk

This is why I play with Debug Mode on. :3

Archived