Dupe-A-Day!

I've been bogged down with school stuff for a few days so now I want the duplicants to suffer go to school too.

Except Oscar is way too happy about it

59d6cdab79a07_OH!OH!OH!IKNOW!CALLONME!TEACHER!MR.JOSHUA!IHAVETHEANSWER!.thumb.jpg.e9083af1ce2c8fabe510280f960e7809.jpg

But seriously. I had this idea that they should be able to attend classes taught by other duplicants

And after1-3 cycles, with 2 being the average (1 for Fast Learner, 3 for Slow Learner), they'd gain a skill point in whatever skill is being taught, and for the next 2 cycles they gain points for that skill at twice the rate. So finally, you can have more than just the one really good painter! (I always end up with the one somehow because I never get over 2 Creativity out of the Printing Pod, so I have to cancel them doing anything but art just to get it done in a dozen cycles). Or someone who gets sick a lot can finally take medicine classes and study... how to improve their on immune system?

So, like, they first 1/4 of the class you be notes, the second 1/4 would be practice, the third 1/4 more notes, then the last 1/4 is a test.

Then, once class ends, they get the benefits.

And yes, I know this isn't where new ideas go, I just want to put it here with my drawing.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:26 PM, mf99k said:

smaller creatures are less likely to die or get injured while falling, and duplicants can't die from falling (at least not currently, I saw something in one of the files that implied that might get implemented eventually)

Ugh, devs don't you dare implement that.

If you do, well our dupes will all die from stupidity. 

Dupe: "Oh, I'm just gonna dig this tile I'm standing on." *Hums Nonchalantly*

*Is literally 15000ft off the ground*

Dupe: "Done!" *Realizes* "...Oops"

*Dies*

Translation: NOBODY LIKES FALL DAMAGE. WE HATE IT IN MARIO, WE HATE IT HERE. 

59 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

*Dies*

*Dislike*

New dupe character: Meet Bernard. Level 10 physician, binge eater. The colony's go-to dupe if somone's entombed. the barrel around his neck is full of some temporary first aid to keep someone alive enough to get them to a medical cot. has an oddly deep voice, but is all around friendly anyway. Based on a st. bernard dog.

"Every Bernard's mild mannered attitude clashes with his uncontrollably loud, booming voice."

WIN_20171006_12_24_55_Pro.jpg

3 hours ago, HotChocolate said:

Hi, this is TheAir. She's a lil sneaky dork who seems to think everyon wants to kill her n eat her for some reason. She really likes air.

TheAir.png

You forgot she's also got a french accent and only wears blue in clean air. in polluted oxygen, she changes her shirt to yellow so she blends in.

On 10/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, watermelen671 said:

*Dies*

not to make things worse or anything but in the game file I was looking at, death-by-falling was referred to as "splattering" ie "duplicants splattered" OnO;

devs please

do not

ever

make splattering a thing

44 minutes ago, mf99k said:

not to make things worse or anything but in the game file I was looking at, death-by-falling was referred to as "splattering" ie "duplicants splattered" OnO;

devs please

do not

ever

make splattering a thing

I know they're made of goop(?) but I'm with Mf99k on this one 0_0

Archived