Beefalo dying

It could be anything. They might've wandered off to a new spot nearby, monsters/threats couldve killed them, also depending on how many days you've played a late game hound attack can take out a hoard of 5 beefalo if you happen to be near them when hounds arrived

2 hours ago, kmskmichael said:

In my DST game, I lured 5 beefaloes to a farm with beefalo horn. The thing is after a few days, they all die automatically. How?

I killed them all, muhahaha >:D

On a serious note, was there loot of them left there? May be there were tentacles spawned that killed them? Perhaps deerclops? Although the farm would then be destroyed as well. Perhaps check your logs to see what really happened?

Your Beefalos suffocated to death because you most likely enclosed them in walls. Beefalos and other animals have a hidden "Oxygen" stat which is always 100 if in open areas, but it drops by 5 per minute if they're completely enclosed in walls. When their Oxygen stat reaches 0, they start taking 2 damage per second, as if starving. Try having a Wood Gate instead of completely enclosing them next time so that they could breathe in some oxygen.

56 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Your Beefalos suffocated to death because you most likely enclosed them in walls. Beefalos and other animals have a hidden "Oxygen" stat which is always 100 if in open areas, but it drops by 5 per minute if they're completely enclosed in walls. When their Oxygen stat reaches 0, they start taking 2 damage per second, as if starving. Try having a Wood Gate instead of completely enclosing them next time so that they could breathe in some oxygen.

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

5 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Archived