My ideas for Winnie [Tweaked/Improved]

Winnie, The Shepherdess

*Can craft a bonnet and staff, or train a dog.

*Refuses to hurt innocent animals, choosing to tame and herd them.

*Has a sister, Wigfrid

Detailed explanation:

*When she hits an INNOCENT animal, she will lose Health and Sanity, equal to what Wigfrid would have gained. (Includes Charged Volt Goats, Bees in Spring & Beefalo in Heat)

*Her tamed beefalo will never lose loyalty to her (unless hit, or yknow... they starve.)

*Her herds of animals will reproduce so that there is always 5 there. 1 baby per 3 days. So if there's two, 9 days later there's 5. If there's one he/she doesn't reproduce.

*When she sees an animal get hurt, she will shout at the person hurting them (it holds her in place while it happens. Can be rather inconvenient.)

*She will only eat Vegetables and Fruit. Eggs, Butter, Milk & Butterfly Wings (they're counted as fruit or veg, iirc. Stupid tbh.)

*Her staff makes the nearest herd of animals (when equipped) follow her, until it is unequipped. Then they make a new herd point there. Lasts 3 days

*If she trains a dog to have the Shepherd tendency, it will add a right click option to all herd animals. "Chase" - Using it commands the dog to herd them, basically adding the staff mechanics to the dog until he is called back. (to make it work visually, he joins the herd and walks with them, until recalled)

*Loses sanity at the rate of an inverse garland aura when near Wigfrid.

*Crops grow 10% faster when Winnie is within a screen of them. Within 2 they will grow in Winter at 75% the normal rate. Making 82.5% the normal rate when she's 1 screen away in Winter.

*Has her own crockpot foods:

Salad - 1x Large Veg, 1x Fruit or Veg, 2x Filler - Filler can be Morsels/Fish Morsels/Monster Morsels (if ever added) so that it's easier to keep her fed - Salad stats are the same as meatballs.

Carrot Stew - 2x Large Veg, 2x Carrots - Equal to a Meaty Stew, but probably harder to obtain.

For all other Crockpot dishes that she can eat, she gets +10% of their stats, because the Veggie ones suck.

Large Veg: Aubergine, Pumpkin.

When using morsels, her recipes have the highest possible priority, so she doesn't get a meat dish.

This seems overly complicated for one character. How is anyone supposed to realize what half the stuff she can do without looking it up on a wiki? The characters we currently have are simple to understand and while are basic, are pretty diverse without needing like 10 different abilities.

*Has a sister, Wigfrid

Dunno if you ever realized, but even though the characters interacts with eachother in DST via quotes, they don't have any previous relationship clearly stated with eachother, that is just a little thing, Wether is is a sister or not, that would either not be a thing or possibly not mentioned.

Also all those persk would work well for a modded character, but I don't think it would go for a canon one, canon characters have their traits, but it doesn't extend to such massive range, they are simple to understand, and not to much to a point you don't need to prioritize several perks at once.

16 hours ago, halfrose said:

*Has a sister, Wigfrid

Dunno if you ever realized, but even though the characters interacts with eachother in DST via quotes, they don't have any previous relationship clearly stated with eachother, that is just a little thing, Wether is is a sister or not, that would either not be a thing or possibly not mentioned.

I still cannot understand why people believe that every character should be related to each other. (Example: Wendy is Maxwell's daughter, Wickerbottom is Webber's grandmother) Characters do not necessarily have to be related to each other but many seem to be unable to comprehend that. In my opinion, it is a lot better for the story if all the playable characters are not related and have never interacted with each other before the events of Don't Starve Together. It would allow for a more interesting story because unique relationships could be formed between strangers, unlike when you just make everyone siblings.

Also, why do people thinking Wigfrid and Winnie (and Charlie) are sisters? It's fine to make up some hypotheses about the characters, however it is never stated anywhere that they're related, they have made no interaction whatsoever, and Winnie isn't even supposed to exist.

If they added a new character (Which i hope they dont.) I think it would be better to have it be either one of the other characters that werent ever added, or a new one. Winnie would just look way to similar to Wigfrid in my opinion. However, i hope that they actually work on the other characters who need to obviously be changed (We all know who im referring to) before adding new characters.

31 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Also, why do people thinking Wigfrid and Winnie (and Charlie) are sisters? It's fine to make up some hypotheses about the characters, however it is never stated anywhere that they're related, they have made no interaction whatsoever, and Winnie isn't even supposed to exist.

The only person i have seen that thinks this is the case is Vargling.

1 hour ago, halfrose said:

Maxwell & Charlie (nope)

Wilson & Charlie (hue hue hue)

Maxwell & Wilson

_Charlie_ being Wigfrid's sister...what is this I have no idea.  (Or "no-eyed deer".)  Winnie being her sister _if she existed in the canon game_ I can see, because after all, Winnie's appearance was tweaked and repurposes for Wigfrid, so of COURSE they look alike.

Wendy and Abigail being Maxwell's neices (not daughters), however...kind of actually IS canon, or as close to it as hardly matters. There's actual evidence of it in the Maxwell Puzzles and no dev has actually come out and said NO, so, as far as I'm concerned, they are.  They also kind of talk like each other and both have an affinity with magic, if those mean anything.

As for everybody else, though, halfrose...I'm totally with you!  I don't get why some people think all the characters are related, and I don't WANT them to all be related!  Especially all the deep assumptions that "of course" Wilson and Willow are like, cousins, brother and sister, or uncle and niece. What.  Lucy used to be human (I'm okay with that idea) and was Charlie's sister (what?)  Wilson made WX, when he's clearly not good enough of an inventor for that.  Wickerbottom has to be anybody's grandmother just becuase she's old enough to be NO! 

You can think these things if you want, sure, just don't go around talking like they ARE true, rather than your opinion. (shrug)

...Notorious

If Vargling wants to mod a character like this, they are free to go ahead. I don't find the concept to have this special something, moreover, I find adding more characters to the vanilla pointless. We've got eleven already. I'd rather have more content.

Bonus negative points for speaking as if Winnie was a sister of Wigfrid. Using such a theory in my RPG, we're joking around. There's no point to take it seriously.

23 hours ago, Angibot said:

Maxwell & Charlie (nope)

Wilson & Charlie (hue hue hue)

Maxwell & Wilson

There has been some interaction between the characters before the events of DST, I guess. Wilson, Maxwell, and Charlie have obviously met each other, as you can see in official videos. In DST, it is also interesting to note that when characters examine a Maxwell that has assaulted or murdered other players, they would act as if Maxwell had betrayed them before.

Spoiler

"Maxwell! Back to your old tricks, I see!"

"Old habits die hard... and so will you!"

"From Sisyphus to Lazarus, hey Maxwell?"

"Up to your old tricks, are you Maxwell?"

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... you're dead!"

"Maxwell! I knew you couldn't be trusted! Burn!"

"Maxwell has not changed. Killer!"

"Yer still a hoser! Now it's choppin' time!"

"THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST DECEIT, MAXWELL. DIE!"

What I think this shows is that Maxwell has deceived all the other playable characters much like he had done with Wilson in the official "Forbidden Knowledge" video. This means that Maxwell may have interacted with every character in the game prior to DST.

23 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wendy and Abigail being Maxwell's neices (not daughters), however...kind of actually IS canon, or as close to it as hardly matters. There's actual evidence of it in the Maxwell Puzzles and no dev has actually come out and said NO, so, as far as I'm concerned, they are.  They also kind of talk like each other and both have an affinity with magic, if those mean anything.

Huh, this is quite intriguing. What evidence could you provide? It's been two years since the last time I took notice of any puzzle and I am genuinely curious about this.

9 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Wilson, Maxwell, and Charlie have obviously met each other, as you can see in official videos.

Wilson knows Maxwell since he was kidnapped and went through Adventure Mode. As for his grin upon seeing Charlie - wouldn't you be delighted to see a rather comely lass visit you after spending some time in utter solitude on the Nightmare Throne, surrounded by THEIR whisperings and stares, and the darkness?

9 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

In DST, it is also interesting to note that when characters examine a Maxwell that has assaulted or murdered other players, they would act as if Maxwell had betrayed them before.

You're right, he did - when he stole them away to DS.

The evidence for the twins being some offspring of the Carters, 95-99% Jack's, are in this puzzle postcard and Wendy's quote "I feel a strange kinship with him" when examining Maxwell the NPC in DS. Not 100% confirmed, but solid enough.

Just no Everyone Is Related. There is no proof of this and gives very unpleasant polygamy vibes to have them all related.

Yep.  Pretty much this. I would assume everybody has at least _met_ Maxwell, considering the way he greets them all when they wake up in regular Don't Starve.  We don't see it happen, but we can guess he figured out different ways to lure them into the DS world, based off of what each character would find the most intriguing.  With Wilson it was "science".

RELATED to all of them, however, no. _Met_, sure.  The circus poster in the William Carter puzzles also seems to indicate that Wolfgang and Wes were in the same circus as Maxwell, and he knew them from before.  And, presumably, threw them into the DS world earlier than anybody else.  We do know that Wes is already in Chapter 3 of Adventure Mode before _any_ other character gets there.

I've always assumed Wilson was fantastically pleased to see ANYbody (well, okay, other than Maxwell!) when Charlie showed up, as he thought he'd probably never see another human soul again.  "Is she going to stay?  Can I talk to her?  IS SHE POSSIBLY GOING TO CONSIDER FREEING ME?!" is all I saw that expression as.

As for Wendy (and Abigail) and Maxwell being related...not that this is a _genetic_ trait (in the real world!) but it's also interesting to note some of their announcements...

(When hungry)

WENDY:  I am full of emptiness. / MAXWELL:  I am empty inside.

(Hounds)

WENDY: The hounds are baying. / MAXWELL:  The hounds are growing restless.

(also notable because very few characters call them by their proper game-name _at all_; instead, there's a lot of "What's that?"  "I hear something!" "A beast approaches!" "PUPPIES!" etc.  Maxwell calls them that because he IS (was) the game-master, kinda.  Wendy calls them that because...?)

Aaand, if you wanna stretch it a bit...

WENDY:  The darkness will be here soon.  I must prepare. / MAXWELL:  It will be dark soon.  Charlie will be waking up.

...although I admit those last two are more similar in...overall _tone_ than actual words. (shrug)

So, yeah.  To sum up:  Most of the relationships we know or can infer are in relation to Maxwell, as he's the one who has the most proper backstory.  Basically:

1. All the characters met him at some point in regular (singleplayer) Don't Starve, check.  (Except the Shipwrecked characters, who instead were greeted by that damn parrot!)

2.  They probably have some not-so-happy memories about that in DST.

3.  Wolfgang and Wes seem to have worked with Maxwell previous to the main storyline, in the 1900's.

4. Wendy and Abigail are most likely his nieces...until Klei themselves _specifically_ says no.

5. Charlie and Maxwell definitely worked together for years; Charlie seems to have definitely had a crush on him, whether it was mutual or not we don't know.  She seems to be a BIT...upset with him in the current "New Reign" era, though.

Any and all other relationships are pretty much the opinion of the player.  Are Wilson and Willow cousins?  Was Lucy a human being that Woodie knew before she somehow became the spirit of his talking axe?  Who built WX?  All of that is up to you; it hasn't been actually said anywhere in _canon_ yet at all.

...Notorious

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I've always assumed Wilson was fantastically pleased to see ANYbody (well, okay, other than Maxwell!) when Charlie showed up, as he thought he'd probably never see another human soul again.  "Is she going to stay?  Can I talk to her?  IS SHE POSSIBLY GOING TO CONSIDER FREEING ME?!" is all I saw that expression as.

Is SHE going to get ME out? Am I going to ask HER out then?

I'm a horrible person.

Pff.  And right after you said they don't have a previous "thing" for each other, too!  : P

(Seriously, though, if you (thought you) knew what would happen to anybody else who tried to rescue _you_, would you expect them to immediately free you from the throne...or would it be a big IF??? thing.  Considering he didn't _know_ that Charlie could just dissolve the Nightmare Throne without being caught by it...yeah, Wilson wouldn't be terribly sure he was going to get out.  A big HOPE, but not a certainty.)

ANYway. That said, I do plan to at some point get back to my big Sims 3 Don't Starve project where I throw as many characters as possible into the same house and let them FLIRT HOWEVER THEY WANT! (except the related/underage ones.)  Because funny.  ;) 

(My own Steam profile pic happens to be a screenshot of Sim-Wilson, so you can see I do have _some_ of them made already...)

...Notorious

1 minute ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Pff.  And right after you said they don't have a previous "thing" for each other, too!  : P

(Seriously, though, if you (thought you) knew what would happen to anybody else who tried to rescue _you_, would you expect them to immediately free you from the throne...or would it be a big IF??? thing.  Considering he didn't _know_ that Charlie could just dissolve the Nightmare Throne without being caught by it...yeah, Wilson wouldn't be terribly sure he was going to get out.  A big HOPE, but not a certainty.)

ANYway. That said, I do plan to at some point get back to my big Sims 3 Don't Starve project where I throw as many characters as possible into the same house and let them FLIRT HOWEVER THEY WANT! (except the related/underage ones.)  Because funny.  ;)

...Notorious

I don't ship them. There's hassle enough with the infamous ship @MeingroessterFan is guilty of. (And he flaunts his guilt with gusto.) I admit I just giggled, recalling that face from the trailer.

Besides, let's face it... Wilson is the man who calls himself a scientist while stating "It's all... pine-y" rather than, say, "It's a coniferous tree", has no issues with blood sacrifices, makes voodoo dolls from meat and beard hair, and finds a volcano safe. I don't expect much logic from him - Charlie as the knight in shining armour with him as the prize isn't that crazy.

SERIOUSLY!  I think, if I was a scientist, at the point the...strange voice from my radio started telling me to _do blood sacrifices_ and _write strange symbols on things_, I'd be like, "Wait a second."

Wilson, however?  No, he just keeps going on 'cos he's just _that fascinated_/addicted.  Knowledge Sim to the extreme, that one!

(which is a Sims TWO thing, but hey.  : P)

ANYway.  _Slightly_ off the topic of a tweaked version of Winnie being in the game (which I still think should be a mod, not actually IN the game). Sorry, Vargling. Didn't mean to completely derail your train there.

...Notorious

18 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Wilson knows Maxwell since he was kidnapped and went through Adventure Mode. As for his grin upon seeing Charlie - wouldn't you be delighted to see a rather comely lass visit you after spending some time in utter solitude on the Nightmare Throne, surrounded by THEIR whisperings and stares, and the darkness?

That did not need to be explained in great detail, but yes, quite obvious and makes sense.

18 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

You're right, he did - when he stole them away to DS.

The evidence for the twins being some offspring of the Carters, 95-99% Jack's, are in this puzzle postcard and Wendy's quote "I feel a strange kinship with him" when examining Maxwell the NPC in DS. Not 100% confirmed, but solid enough.

Just no Everyone Is Related. There is no proof of this and gives very unpleasant polygamy vibes to have them all related.

I still doubt that Wendy and Maxwell are related, but I definitely consider possibility. Especially with such evidence.

-----

Oh, and I just noticed that we seem to have been going off-topic. The original post was supposed to be about implementing Winnie to the game and now what is being discussed are the other characters. Perhaps there should be another thread concerning this topic?

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:25 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Wilson made WX, when he's clearly not good enough of an inventor for that.

There is (or was) a theory going around that Wagstaff (the creator of the Voxola PR-76 Radio, which is the one that Maxwell uses to communicate with Wilson in the Forbidden knowledge trailer) is actually trapped inside WX-78's body.

A developer said:

Spoiler

"The radio is a Voxola PR-76, manufactured in 1919 by the Voxola Radio company of Sidney, Ohio. The radio offered revolutionary sound and reception quality for the time, and was promoted by an intense national marketing campaign. Very few units were actually produced, because the factory was destroyed in a fire only days after production began. Voxola founder Robert Wagstaff went missing the night of the fire, and the company declared bankruptcy soon thereafter."

Which makes sense, because Wagstaff, obviously, is a W name and it would make sense for him to be a 'character' in Don't Starve. (Just maybe not in the way that we thought.) And it makes sense because Wagstaff 'went missing.' Maybe he got stuffed inside a robot body?

Further evidence: When WX gets struck by lightning, you can see a skeleton, and he has a 'skull' in the game files.

Also, the factory was destroyed in a fire. Maybe Willow had something to do with it?

And yeah, we are derailing this topic quite a bit. All aboard the derail train! Choo choo!

Wiki page for reference: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Radio

4 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

) And it makes sense because Wagstaff 'went missing.' Maybe he got stuffed inside a robot body?

Fnaf the don't starve Story

Sorry sorry we should get back to Winnie I just had to almost impulsively 

Archived