[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Aranea was going to greet Renn but then she heard myths comment.  Laughter came from her as she waved her hands at the guards, signaling to leave. Venator remain where he was, looking unaffected by this. Soon she calmed down and looked at the group. "Ah, you certainly have an interesting group here," her eyes gleamed with interest. She hummed as it seemed she was lost in thought. 

The tinker watches the soldiers as they back off. It is fascinating to watch them walk, the use of six legs instead of two. All kinds of ideas cross Pih-Dits mind: stability, redundance, turning, uneven landscape,... Lost in thoughts, he is staring point-blank at the queen's abdomen.

NO. NO HE WAS NOT ALRIGHT. 

Of course he wouldn't say that—or write it. In fact, he didn't dare reach into his coat for his journal at the risk they thought him to be drawing a weapon, so he just nodded furiously up and down. Then abruptly he stopped, and slowly backed away from the group. He knew what was going on here. It was no "security measure". The spiders needed to see their faces... to CONTROL THEIR MINDS.

No wait, that was stupid.

Aranea turned towards Venator. "Venator, how is my kingdom doing right now?". Venator looked from the Queen to the group and back. "I.." he coughed eyeing the group. "It is in the best condition, your majesty,".  The queen looked about the room as if in thought. "As I would expect.." something seemed to flash in her eyes before they returned to their usual calm. Venator on the other hand immediately dropped the vials which clanked against the floor. "No, your majesty I know what-". Araneas attention went to her guard. Her eyes glared and the sweet voice that was like singing faded to hissing. "No? No? You dare tell me no?". From that simple question Venator was kneeling before her. "Of course not my queen, my emotion got in the way,". With that the Queens attention went back to the group. Her voice back to the sweet melody it carried "You are indeed interesting. And because of that I will accompany you. For now you may rest here until you decide to leave and do send someone to get me if you so happen to be out in the city. If not one of my own will and that just would be rude,"

(Ok This is a test paragraph, would you rather have it like this were Araneas' and Venators' colors are different but it's all together or space them out?)

"Yes, if anything you would have been killed by the party that brought you here. I'm glad you weren't," Aranea smiled towards Miles. "Now do what you must to be rested, I will be here if you need me,"

I presume your guards, and townsfolk did not attack us, for our lovely venommancer silky white fur, and pink ruby like eyes must have made them think we were friends, however I'm glad we weren't mercenaries payed to destroy such a nice and hospitable village, but have you ever wondered what was on the outside of these dungeon walls er caves?

Aranea sighed and looked about at her kingdom. "I have always wanted to go out, there is much to be seen. Finding someone to fill in my role once I leave which will be hard..." her voice faded off and she looked at Venator  "Show the guests out, I must have a meeting," with that she turned away from the group and walked. Venator looked back at the group and ushered them out, to the city.

Scared? That's how his allies thought of him? Chtfff. His skepticism is what kept him alive.

All royalty were the same. They only got to the top by kicking everyone else down and keeping them down. Kindness was only a front; nothing more than vanity. The good of many came before the few. Their people came before others. Death was just a tool to keep order. The innocent were as condemned as the guilty. If it is in the name of progress than no means are to be seen as immoral...

He was tapping on the glass of a particular vial as he thought...

His party were only guests until they weren't. The moment they lost purpose they would be either tossed aside, killed, or given a fate worse than both. Yet here they were carving statues in the this queen's honor, and now they were going to join their ranks? Did no one else have a lingering feeling of qualm?

Quentin didn't resist and left the room as they were told. He would've liked nothing more.

Venator looks at his queen. Knowing that he can't change her mind he turns towards the group.

"Follow me. But make sure to not fall behind. You might have the blessing of her Majesty but that doesn't mean that everyone will tolerate you"

You start to follow him but not before looking back at the still lost in her thoughs Aranea.

Venator quickly guides the group to what appears to be a guestroom. The room itself is filled with very comfy looking pillows made out of silk. In the middle you see a table filled with food. Some a bit more exotic as it appears that the Spiders didn't expect human guests but also some basic things like different kinds of meat and vegtables.

"Wait here till the queen calls you again. And don't mind the guards they are here to protect you more then they protect the kingdom"

With these words Venator leaves you. However you can see that he wasn't joking about guards. 2 heavily armored Spiderwarriors stand infront of the room each armed with one of the poisonous spears.

(Ok guys I know we didn't do much but for now Campphase so socialize eat some of the food from our lovely hosts and prepare yourself for tommorow)

Battal looks at the food, but doesn't touch it.  He remains silent, to avoid saying anything that could be taken the slightest bit wrong.

Then again, silence could also be taken wrongly...

Grell eyed the mettle on the spider warriors... they should pose little threat... though the poisonous spears are more concern... one scratch from that and a simple graze can become a festering would in minutes... best to keep the peace as of now... the queen seems to be of earnest spirits towards the group's endeavors... though how she could help is still a matter of seeing her in action... for now, he enjoys the exotic foods laid out on the table... they look edible enough though he thought it best not to tempt it... the fruits/vegetables however seem familiar and he took a bite on what appears to be some tomatoes... where had they gotten these he wondered; are these spiders omnivorous as well?

The tinker doesn't know what to make of the situation, almost like when their party formed to descend into the abyss. But this time, there's an entire kingdom of half-spiders involved. There's a wealth of ways their fortune can take, starting with the queen honestly wanting to go on adventure, over shaping of public opinion, all the way to large-scale deception.

For now, however, Pih-Dit seeks to fill his belly with whatever on the table is edible to humans. "Raw morsels, perhaps? I wonder what that once was... Or what it is. Yuck! I think I'll stick to the jerky-looking meat here." He says that to not upset the guards. In actual fact, he secretly pulls out some of their own provision.

Myth whispered to Quentin: "I don't trust her. Not to brag, but she's not the first royalty i've met, and I doubt she'll be the last. I want to know that you'll be on my side should something be... Up... with her." 

Quentin straightened out. He didn't see anything to brag about when it came to meeting royalty. His encounters had been nothing but ordeals.

He didn't like the idea of taking sides either, but he nodded anyway. It was good to know he wasn't alone.

Jordan did not understand the hostility of the group towards the spider people, why if they were cat people they would be all over them right meow, but nonetheless he would try to bring some positive vibes back to the group by maybe slipping spider sac in someone's satchel but if these spiders do truly want a fight he'll just find a way to rewind time to get the jump on the spiders, but until then "FRUIT! Tasty fruit. " ^_^

(TL:DR I talked about positive vibes, and getting some spider sacs to put in people's satchels, and rewinding time in case the spiders get the jump on us.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Jasmine leapt onto one of the seats and slammed her hands down on the table. "SIGN ME THE F*CK UP" She inhaled the entire table. "MMMMMM GOOD SH*T THAT'S SOME GOOD SH*T IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF"

Jasmine politely sat down at the table and took in her surroundings, until her eyes settled on the meals. She let out a sigh as Venator left the room and leaned back. "So much tension!" she scoffed, fanning herself with her hand. 

"Don't trust royalty. Especially the type of royalty who assign guards to visitors 'for their protection.' Inevitably, the guards attempt to kill you because the royalty are paranoid bastards who see you as a threat." He eyed the food warily. "Most of the time they were right, but the point still stands. Has no-one heard of Xenia?"

Archived