How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Just now, CaptainFun said:

I thought klei said they weren't doing adventure mode because it 'didn't work' in multiplayer. 

Yes, it probably wouldn't, unless they massively downgraded the experience.

The problem is similar to that of the Ruins; you'd have to run multiple servers at the one time, which would challenge the processing of any decent computer and possibly lag out all the players. 

Just now, WildWesternWilson said:

Yes, it probably wouldn't, unless they massively downgraded the experience.

The problem is similar to that of the Ruins; you'd have to run multiple servers at the one time, which would challenge the processing of any decent computer and possibly lag out all the players. 

That would be a problem, yeah. Having overworld + caves + Adventure mode worlds would be a pretty big ordeal. 

1 minute ago, XxSn1p3dxX said:

That's what I thought as well, but you never know they might come out with some different game mode

Even if they could find a workaround for the whole multiserver thing, the current model for adventure mode probably wouldn't work in multiplayer. 3 players could probably find any pieces of the wooden thing quickly, even in the larger worlds. So yeah, another different kind of game mode would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, CaptainFun said:

Even if they could find a workaround for the whole multiserver thing, the current model for adventure mode probably wouldn't work in multiplayer. 3 players could probably find any pieces of the wooden thing quickly, even in the larger worlds. So yeah, another different kind of game mode would be ideal.

If they did come up with something, then it'd have to be something new that would challenge all players and work without lag. It could be done, just gotta think of an entirely different mechanic, which would take a while to introduce probably

They could do it where all the players have to go into adventurer mode and instead of 5 different worlds they could cut one world up into islands or something. Then once you finish it the server deletes the adventurer world.

Yay i got 100 likes :D

A thought just occurred to me: If the 'Maxwell's Law' applies, and the Shadow Creatures regulate how much you are allowed to freely move around… How is Charlie working around that and performing the Grue Duties?

I mean, perhaps I'm just completely over thinking this and Mr. Skits said, 'Get yo b**** a** over here!' and she's still the Grue while being the queen of the world, but still.

Or maybe we're right, and Wolly and Luke Skywalker in a Tauntaun are on the throne. Hey, they might just really like the smell of roses. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJam said:

They could do it where all the players have to go into adventurer mode and instead of 5 different worlds they could cut one world up into islands or something. Then once you finish it the server deletes the adventurer world.

I think this idea has potential. 

Perhaps do something like (was it Archipelago?) Archipelago wherein each island is incredibly dangerous, but has part of the Teleportato that takes you to the Epilogue (which, for the sake of argument, is just on a segregated island far away on the same server). 

Could work. 

21 minutes ago, XxSn1p3dxX said:

That's what I thought as well, but you never know they might come out with some different game mode

They said that Dont starve wouldn't have multiplayer right?, I think they are right, a multiplayer adventure mode sounds quite chaotic, but I would like to try that experience, together needs some kind of goals or challenges to motivate the replayability.

And keep doing a good job with the memes and the puzzle solving stuff, I was following this topic since the page 1, pretty funny, bring us LORE!!!

So those red lines spell ChARLIE so i was trying to get rid of that log somehow so Wilson cant put it in fire and they go full dark so ChARLIE can come out? No luck tho but there could be something with this.

That small "H" is eating me alive

57 minutes ago, WildWesternWilson said:

A thought just occurred to me: If the 'Maxwell's Law' applies, and the Shadow Creatures regulate how much you are allowed to freely move around… How is Charlie working around that and performing the Grue Duties?

I mean, perhaps I'm just completely over thinking this and Mr. Skits said, 'Get yo b**** a** over here!' and she's still the Grue while being the queen of the world, but still.

Or maybe we're right, and Wolly and Luke Skywalker in a Tauntaun are on the throne. Hey, they might just really like the smell of roses. 

I think this idea has potential. 

Perhaps do something like (was it Archipelago?) Archipelago wherein each island is incredibly dangerous, but has part of the Teleportato that takes you to the Epilogue (which, for the sake of argument, is just on a segregated island far away on the same server). 

Could work. 

And to get to the next world everyone have to be together.

I kinda like the idea of making it archiplego-like

Not sure if this is relevant to the puzzle, but when Maxwell dies to Grue in DST, the Obituaries page no longer says "Charlie" (as it did in DS), but instead now says "Darkness" (as it does with all other characters).  

Given the "Charlie outline" in the latest comic page, this might be another hint to Charlie being the one that's currently on the throne?

Maybe Charlie is the new boss in DST for (if there is) the adventure mode substitute. And the players have to defeat her in some way. It's certainly not the last we see of her, and the fact that she says "I'll be seeing you soon" makes me wonder...

3 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

If they did come up with something, then it'd have to be something new that would challenge all players and work without lag. It could be done, just gotta think of an entirely different mechanic, which would take a while to introduce probably

^^^ this. When they said "no adventure mode" maybe they meant "no OLD adventure mode"??? MAybe there will be a new one. And that would make sense, because, seriously now. The adventure mode in DS is about dethroning Maxwell. But he's not on the throne anymore. I think it would be logical to make a new challenge, something entirely different that would work with DST and wouldn't produce much lag. So in this new one we could be against Charlie or whoever is on the throne right now. (Or maybe just trying to get out, who knows)

Also I think new content would be a nice addition to attract people who experienced everything in the base game to buy and play DST (if they didn't already.)

3 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Not sure if this is relevant to the puzzle, but when Maxwell dies to Grue in DST, the Obituaries page no longer says "Charlie" (as it did in DS), but instead now says "Darkness" (as it does with all other characters).  

Given the "Charlie outline" in the latest comic page, this might be another hint to Charlie being the one that's currently on the throne?

I think that they just forgot about this, but their mistake is right with the current situation and puzzles :p

5 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

Maxwell was able to greet the player at the start of the world and during Adventure Mode while still being seated on the throne. So she might be able to sit on the throne and perform the grue duty at the same time, especially since she will probably be more 'merged' with it that Maxwell was.

Archived