How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Just now, barnaba said:

Also, not sure if anyone has pointed this yet, but the new comic has different borders - there are red-ish or brown-ish. It's not all borders as well.

Dunno if it's a sign of maxwell going a bit more insane than he was or just the equivalent of DS fight music.

ye it's been noted, if u turn it sideways it spells out ChA

Just now, barnaba said:

Also, not sure if anyone has pointed this yet, but the new comic has different borders - there are red-ish or brown-ish. It's not all borders as well. Seems only the frames featuring maxwell are red.

Dunno if it's a sign of maxwell going a bit more insane than he was or just the equivalent of DS fight music.

Yeah someone uploaded a heavily saturated version several pages ago about it (I know there's a lot of pages to go through, so I understand.)  Try back on page...48ish? to see the words it might spell out.

1 minute ago, barnaba said:

Also, not sure if anyone has pointed this yet, but the new comic has different borders - there are red-ish or brown-ish. It's not all borders as well.

it's been discussed already, it says 'ChA'

- i say it again. Yesterday there was no firepit on that "sun" pictures so i think we didnt solve puzzle before? Did that firepit appeared there exactly the same time as that second part?

- those last pictures in first part are really empty. Weird IMO

- last picture in first part now we know that Maxwell was surprised/scared because it is going dark? Weird IMO

- problem in part 1 was Max was going crazy so we made garland, problem in this part is that Wilson will find him (which will happen i guess) but maybe he needs to hide, dont step on that twig, make bushhat (O.o) or run away?

- i was also thinking about possibility of change the order of those pictures to make another story

- im going crazy with this puzzle :)

EDIT:

- doesnt that twig next to bushes in picture where Wilson is picking up axe look like picked?

1 minute ago, t0panka said:

- last picture in first part now we know that Maxwell was surprised/scared because it is going dark? Weird IMO

Interesting. Maxwell isn't afraid of the dark/night normally, as it's a shock when Charlie starts to attack him. ("Charlie? It's me! Maxwell!") So now all of a sudden he has an immediate fear of Charlie/Darkness, which is new. Why else would he be truly afraid and expecting Charlie in the dark, if she isn't mad at him?

once again I'm only grabbing any small clue. Have mercy :p

1 minute ago, Reagle said:

Interesting. Maxwell isn't afraid of the dark/night normally, as it's a shock when Charlie starts to attack him. ("Charlie? It's me! Maxwell!") So now all of a sudden he has an immediate fear of Charlie/Darkness, which is new. Why else would he be truly afraid and expecting Charlie in the dark, if she isn't mad at him?

once again I'm only grabbing any small clue. Have mercy :p

I think he's been watching the Survivors long enough to know some basic survival skills. He knew to make a garland when going insane, for example. 
 He might hope that Charlie won't attack him in the dark (going off of his in game lines) but still... getting caught in the dark on that island is bad news bears anyway. 

Ok, looking some more into colored borders (I think the ChA idea is solid tbh, but can't hurt to investigate other things):

Number of colored borders isn't unique for frames (whether you count tiny squiggles and artifacts as separate borders or not)

There's no way that single frame to be a graphical representation of letter or a number, cause there's stuff like 8 or B that needs 9 segments.

It's probably not something like POW tap code or anything, cause we have uneven number of frames. It's even if we count the triangle frame, but 0 isn't a part of such codes (since it's not possible to tap 0 times).

Just counting the colored/all borders of each frame:

3/4 3/4 1/4 0/3 3/4 4/4 (general, not counting the tiny segments and bends). This gives us either 33 10 34 for colored or 11 33 10 for uncolored. There are not enough numbers in the alphabet for this to make any sort of sense. Converted as hex/dec to ascii it doesn't make sense either. 1 digit for one letter it spells cca cd or "aacca ", which I think we can agree is nonsense.

5/6 4/5 1/5 0/4 4/5 4/4 (counting the slight changes of angles like a separate borders). Again, 54 10 44 or 11 44 10. Again, makes no sense as anything simple enough, nothing unique to order on. Spells "eda dd" or "aadda ", safe to assume that'd be nonsense.

8/9 5/6 2/6 0/4 4/5 5/5 (being very dilligent counting angle changes, even those there seem to be only for graphical reasons): 85 20 45 or 11 44 10. Again, nothing that seems like anything. Spells "he de" or "aadda ", which is… you guessed it, nonesense.

TLDR: it's probably ChA, cause other lines of looking at it failed miserably.

10 minutes ago, BorneEko said:

I think the ChA theory is looking too far into it. What would the top of the h be then?

I think it's for the later panels. We already know there's going to be some way to 'answer' the puzzle. It's probably going to be 'charlie' or 'charlie something'. As for what the top of the h is, there's a line for it in the image, so I'm not sure what you mean: CHA.jpg.92b029c7d5b582712f26d63ca1539726

Again, I feel like it's not for this stage of the puzzle. I suppose it's for the very end of a puzzle and we're going to get more letters. Also Charlie is known for keeping in the dark, so her name hiding in the darkness between panels makes perfect sense :p

1 hour ago, t0panka said:

- i say it again. Yesterday there was no firepit on that "sun" pictures so i think we didnt solve puzzle before? Did that firepit appeared there exactly the same time as that second part?

The firepit with the figure appeared along with the link to large version of page 2, which really got revealed a couple minutes later. Don't know why everyone says we didn't solve the puzzle - I believe the firepit was added there because devs wanted to hype us, who were waiting unpatiently for the update. I know one of the devs said "back to the puzzle solving" earlier yesterday, but some of our researchers stated they have tried clicking on the smoke in the last panel multiple times, it really wasn't there before.

4 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

The firepit with the figure appeared along with the link to large version of page 2, which really got revealed a couple minutes later. Don't know why everyone says we didn't solve the puzzle - I believe the firepit was added there because devs wanted to hype us, who were waiting unpatiently for the update. I know one of the devs said "back to the puzzle solving" earlier yesterday, but some of our researchers stated they have tried clicking on the smoke in the last panel multiple times, it really wasn't there before.

ye im sure it wasn't there, it only appeared around 1-5mins before the actual new part, clicking the firepit made a broken image appear.

on the 9th  penal, his left hand look like he is holding something. maybe we can give him a spear...

on the penel, where we can see the crockpet, i think i see an the letters OH. it is on the ground left from the pot.the scars on the axe might spell M I.

edit: i don t like the chest. wilsons camp looks earlygame, but in my playstyle, chests come after ice-box and drying rack

edit2: + wilson hasn't even a backback. so  why a chest?

2 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

How do I access page 2 (from mobile) ? [im a lil busy so I can't go look through all the pages so if someone would be so kind to give  me the link I would appreciate that :) ]

click on the wilson camp in the horizon

The light behind the campfire looks kinda off, like the fire's going to die out or be taken by the shadow hands? Maybe it's leading to the encounter with the grue? Wilson will be too busy slapping Maxwell to notice the fire getting low. Would be very fitting to the theme if we go with "ChA" for Charlie. Maybe this darkness will reveal something important or. Something like that. 

Archived