Ace's Doodles

Heyyy! 
I have to admit I've been rather scared of making this thread...haha. You guys are a bit intimidating and I'm still working on drawing and finding a style, but being obsessed with Don't starve the last few months has helped (lots of fanart, haha!). I figured I'd share some here, because I think sharing it is helping me improve.
Anyway! So I'll share my stuff here. I draw a lot of Woodie because of my rp blog over on tumblr, but I want to try to draw everyone. 
This thread is open to critique and suggestions! 
Thanks guys! 

NOTE: Edited so that some old art is under spoiler tag. IT'S VERY OLD...I don't like looking at it anymore. Go to the end of the thread for more recent/better stuff. 

Spoiler

First a Willow! I love her. She's a little neurotic but finds ways to take care of herself just fine. 

willow_zpsab29e4c7.png

Next, Woodie in his fAvoRiTe hAt ahahaha!

birdhat_zps353f9252.png

Edited by acemurdock
Putting old art under spoiler tag
  • Like 23

FinaLLY.

WELCOME TO THE TERROR---THE FORUMS!! *v* it'll be good to see a concentrated place for all your ds art hehe

THANKS ahahaha I'm a lil scared forreasonsyoumightknowalready ahaha

but yeah, tumblr is a strange place to leave art, so, I'm trying to collect it somewhere. *shrug* 

• Like 1

THANKS ahahaha I'm a lil scared forreasonsyoumightknowalready ahaha

but yeah, tumblr is a strange place to leave art, so, I'm trying to collect it somewhere. *shrug* 

YEAH! It'll be good *v* you should defs post some of your other old stuff from you ask blog and stuff, UNLESS U WANNA START FRESH. BUT! YEAH!! GOOD LUCK! I BELIEVE IN YOU. i will protect u if i am able ahahahahaha

HA I almost chickened out again but I am BACK.
 Like I said, I draw a lot of Woodie *cough* becausehe'sthebest *cough* but I will try to draw the others so it's more balanced over here...ahaha.

Spoiler

This one came from reading Lucy's lines. If you turn back from werebeaver around her, she says this:

pic1_zpse0e8e693.png

HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO RESPOND TO THAT? OK, SURE, NO MORE WEREBEAVER. JUST FOR YOU, LUCY. 

pic2_zpsc3be7b9e.png

ahahhaa ok...moving on...

Just a quick doodle here, someone asked what the flower crowns were for. That person was...new to the island.

newhere_zps8954d134.png

Edited by acemurdock
Putting old art under spoiler tag
  • Like 9

YEAH! It'll be good *v* you should defs post some of your other old stuff from you ask blog and stuff, UNLESS U WANNA START FRESH. BUT! YEAH!! GOOD LUCK! I BELIEVE IN YOU. i will protect u if i am able ahahahahaha

hahaha THANKS! And yes, I am going to go through the old stuff, I was just trying to avoid a WOODIE ONSLAUGHT 'cause that's basically all there is over there, haha. 

oohhh I love your art! :grin: can't wait to see more from you! :-)

AHHHHH thanks! 

Man...I look up to all a y'all....it's scary to think you're looking over here BUT I WILL PERSEVERE. 

Ahhh you have such nice art and a great style <3 I've never had much of an appreciation for Woodie because I'm rather biased about the characters but your drawings are making me like him more!

GOOD. that is MY HOPE ahahaha I started drawing and writing on my rp blog because I felt he didn't get enough attention, although now he gets a fair amount. Thanks!

*head in hands* SORRY I haven't been back for a while, I wanted my next post to be another character BESIDES Woodster but I haven't had much time this last week. I want to draw each of the characters, but I need to finish my part of the DS tarot card project before diving into that project.
FOR NOW, take another Woodie in a Tam o'Shanter! Tam o'Shanters are my favorite and always look so cheery even with Woodie's perpetual grump face. 

tamoshanter_zps256a531d.png

• Like 7

I haven't had a ton of time to draw lately, but I dug up some old stuff to keep this thread going...hehehe. 

This is from a few months ago, but I never posted it anywhere and it still makes me laugh. I imagined if Woodie's werebeaver form was just a little regular sized angry beaver instead of a giant beaver monster and the other survivors on the island like to mess around with him. He hates it. 
Also Wolfgang gets a sweater and pants cause, dang, it's winter and that onesie thing looks cold. 
wolfgangandwoodie_zpsdba657f0.png

This next one is a quick one of William Carter for a friend...my style's changed a bit but his face still amuses me XD

william2_zpsd80d1ba1.png

• Like 8

I like your style, and we need more Woodie's in the art section indeed :grin:

Why thank you :3 

I will be all too happy to oblige the need for more Woodie around here. 

Once my tarot card is done, though, I plan on attempting everyone at least once 8'D 

They're all pretty cool characters. 

Edited by acemurdock

*laugh-snorts* ok so on tumblr we were talking about who would win in a fight, and I drew this to illustrate my point. 
Actually, in this particular fight, Wilson won. 
He used science/a.k.a. acid. 
What a cheater. 

Spoiler

fighting3_zps3b51a741.png

*sorryitsbasicallyallwoodieahhh* I just don't have time to draw any new stuff till my tarot card is done, this is all old stuff from before XD 

Edited by acemurdock
  • Like 4

I DID IT! 
I finished my tarot card!
I had the Eight of Wands, which symbolize quick action, travel, and conclusion.
My card had to feature Wickerbottom, and some aspect of sanity drop.
I chose wormholes to fit the theme, and the sanity drop you get from coming out of them!
The teeth symbolize the eight "wands"
Also, I LOVE WICKIEBUTT and she doesn't get enough attention!
Hope you like!
tarot-details_zps4ad66c6c.png

• Like 8

I DID IT! 

I finished my tarot card!

I had the Eight of Wands, which symbolize quick action, travel, and conclusion.

My card had to feature Wickerbottom, and some aspect of sanity drop.

I chose wormholes to fit the theme, and the sanity drop you get from coming out of them!

The teeth symbolize the eight "wands"

Also, I LOVE WICKIEBUTT and she doesn't get enough attention!

Hope you like!

(img)

Wickerbottom is actually my favourite playable character so I'm liking this :grin:

Wickerbottom is actually my favourite playable character so I'm liking this :grin:

Nice! Thanks, I don't think she gets enough love around here so I'm going to try to draw her more.  I love her too, can't play her very well though! I can't seem to make good use of her books...but her starting science boost is awesome ;) 

Oooooh. Woodie and Wickerbottom art. I like that. :-)

Yeah! Me too! There'll be more coming up! 

A.K.A: Let's see how far I can make it in a Don't Starve art thread without a Maxwell or a Wilson showing up ;D 

Edit: Not that I dislike them! Just trying to give the other guys some love. 

Edited by acemurdock

I think Wendy and WX would be bffs, talking about how pointless life is. 
That is, until Abigail comes along. WX would not approve of Wendy clinging to the ghost of a past life. 

(also I don't think I've ever drawn these two....I tried XD)
wendyandwx_zps0f3081a1.png

• Like 9

We need a fanfic of this, now! I admire how you draw hands--I'm still learning. I never thought it would be so hard to draw something that makes drawing possible. Anyway, Wendy's arm posture is a bit odd, like a cane should be there--but I can't draw hands any better so I'm not sure.

We need a fanfic of this, now! I admire how you draw hands--I'm still learning. I never thought it would be so hard to draw something that makes drawing possible. Anyway, Wendy's arm posture is a bit odd, like a cane should be there--but I can't draw hands any better so I'm not sure.

Oop, I can see what you mean. I was going for a sort of vague "fidget" (assuming Wendy is a bit nervous interacting with a robot) but guess I gotta work on that. Thanks so much! Also yeah, I hope someone writes a fic of it. I never see these two interacting but it'd be great! XD 

Edited by acemurdock