Backstories and Off-Topic Discussions (Formerly Dannyrulx v Battal)

Dannyrulx

Just now, Mobbstar said:

If you're interesting in electronics and cooking, why don't you put cables into food?

Yo dawg!

Yuk i tried cablesalad once trust me not as good as it sounds. You don't get the taste of copper out of your mouth for the next few days ontop of all the gashes inside of your mouth.

16 minutes ago, Battal said:

Anyways, if you're interested in both video games and art, why not do art for video games? 

It goes back to the whole thing about doing commissions. I have this weird thing about how usually I don't want to do art if someone tells me to do it, even if it's something I wanted to do before or I'm getting paid for it. It's a little hard to explain.

10 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

It goes back to the whole thing about doing commissions. I have this weird thing about how usually I don't want to do art if someone tells me to do it, even if it's something I wanted to do before or I'm getting paid for it. It's a little hard to explain.

Oh really? Draw EVERYTHING! Hehe...

26 minutes ago, LiptonPee said:

Do you guys look up to anyone? Will you be independent or work with a team?

What's your dream idea?

I'm in the graphics class trying to use Adobe products and I'm bored

IMG_20160415_115515076.jpg

;w;

is so good I look up to you cause I really love your style! yours and Dara's, but don't tell her!

I'm confused on my dreams. Part of me wants to become a good doctor, or a good psychologist. Part of me wants to study space! Since I was a kid I've always loved astronomy... Part of me wants to art. Maybe start animations? part of me wants to write stories...part of me wants to make art based videogames.

;-; so many options...

My dream? Well... I don't really have one...

As much as it's looked down apon in todays American society, I actually want to become a stay at home mom. As far as money making careers though, I don't really have anything that I want to get into. I keep going, "That seems cool!" and then, "Oh."

Lately I've been thinking about trying to get into voice work??? The problem is, I've never really tried to do anything like that before, and I don't know how good I'd be at it. It'd probably take a lot of practice to get to a point where I could read my lines without sounding like I was reading. My older brother wants to go onto the game industry and he's already working on a couple games, so we've talked about getting me to voice a few lines. I might try to find some other things to try out for as well. Even if it doesn't work out as a career, it might make a nice hoby.

Well I can say that I currently move towards what i want to do and that's my current College course in Automated Systems. Aka I'm the one who will build the factories and production lines of tommorow or even work towards the type of robots we know from so many movies.

Dunno where this urge comes from but I was always facinated by Machines of all types and sizes from small things like a lil spiderrobot who just notices when a wall is in his way and he's changing direction to the big god damn robot arms we had in my previous Job.

Dunno what comes after College i guess actually finding a job in that workfield. All i know is that i never ever want to do the s**t i had to do in my previous job (seriously they train you almost 3 years for a job just to put you in something that feels like slave labour well paid mind you but mindnumbingly boring and just not challenging).

Otherwise I actually want to travel a bit more once i got all sortet out. See a bit more of the world other then the few different countries i have been to (Greece, Finland and Sweden) . Contires like Canada, Australia and even Japan are places i at least want to see once in my life.

That being said never try took look to far ahead focus on what's directly in front of you right now and try your hardest to achive those goals. Sky is the limit they say yet to reach that limit you have to take a few smaller steps first and you rather concentrate on them or else you'r going to fall flat on your face.

• Developer

My dreams come and go. Though my most persistent ones have been voice acting and studying computer sciences. Those are two I really want to get deep into. To work in some kind of video game company taking care of code and/or sounds/voice edits? That'd be awesome, wouldn't it?

I look up to a lot of smart, athletic or skillful people. I work on some group projects and on some things of my very own. I have many dreams, but they are only dreams.

But most importantly, I answered all your questions whilst dodging the actual point of said questions, or at least I think I did.

My dream in it's most ambitious form is to be a writer/animator for CN (Or, put bluntly, to be Rebecca Sugar without the musical talent.) Realistically I aim to become just an animator and work for any company that pays me to do it and cannot be compared to Tomorrow Corp.

12 hours ago, Mr.P said:

So random question but who here did ever read a Shortstory by H.P. Lovecraft?

Currently reading through the 2 collection books I got and I still have to say they are still fantastic to read and just get creeped out by.

Yeah, I've read a couple of collections of Lovecraft's short stories. They can be delightfully creepy and I like the world and lore and whatnot.

But, at the same time, a lot of Lovecraft's writing is kinda dry which makes it hard for me to be immersed in the stories. It doesn't have the atmosphere that, for example, Edgar Allan Poe's stories do.

...I should borrow that other Lovecraft story collection from the library sometime.

Oh, but that's not the current topic. Dreams, huh? I really don't have any. My grand ambition is to get a job/career that I don't hate doing every day and that leaves enough time for hobbies which are actually fun. I think I might be overreaching my capabilities here.

8 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Cosplaying is one of those things for me that sound cool until cold, hard reality sets in, and then it's not so cool.

"Cosplaying, huh? Sounds kinda cool."

It's expensive, you don't know how to sew, you're not really comfortable dying you're hair, and there isn't really any video game characters you look like. Plus we know you're too embarrassed to do it.

"Oh."

"Making video games, huh? Sounds cool!" 

You have to learn programing code.

"Oh."

"Becoming a veterinarian, huh? I love animals! Sounds cool!"

You have to put animals down, their wellbeing and sometimes their lives are in your hands making you responsible if they die, and you have to search their poop for parasites.

"Oh."

"Making art for a living? Sounds cool!"

In order to even possibly make enough money to live off of you'd have to take commissions, which you have a terrible track record with.

"Oh."

Etc. Etc. Etc...

I want to be a veterinarian XD well actually I want to be a zookeeper but either way, I only want to be an assistant. I won't be the one euthanizing animals -_- I think I'd prefer to feed animals and clean out their pens :)

I created the name T4T3R_GR3NAD3R for Minecraft at the tender age of 10. Or 11? One of the two. I messed up with making the A's and E's 4s and 3s, hence the A in GR3NAD3R. Had username changes been in at the time, I would have fixed it, but by the time they were it hand grown on me, and I had already used it for a lot of accounts. When available, I have the underscore. As for cosplay, I think I have the puns and hair to be Wilson, but I'm a bit...round. (At least I'm the second tallest in the house, after my brother.)  But yeah, don't have a ton of ideas for it.

Unless...

*cuts holes in bedsheet*

*sticks on bow*

*puts on bedsheet*

*goes around punching people*

Abigail!

(And also we need Danny and Battal with locked likeblades set to duel of fates)

I got the name 'dragon mage' from this picture. I used to joke about it, saying "it's so me" whenever I saw it. That, plus my age which was 15-16 at the time, was how I got my name. It worked and now I use it everywhere ^_^

I love how there's no one else on Steam with that name XD probably DeviantArt too but I'm not totally certain.

On 16/04/2016 at 9:19 AM, Soto8969 said:

I want to be a Forensic scientist!

Also a lawyer...

Don't do it. Its a trap. Forensic scientists- most of us are unemployed. 
Yes I have a degree in forensic science- Forensic biology and toxicology with minor in Criminology. 
I am unemployed and going crazy

Archived