Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"FINE:" The fox shouted. (What, you think she can't talk in fox form? **** you! She can turn into a fox! MAGIC MAKES HER TALK!) "YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S DIFFERENT? YOU WERE MADE FOR AN EXPLICIT PURPOSE, THAT'S WHAT. YOU WERE MADE TO WORK UNTIL YOUR GEARS RUSTED AND STOPPED, AND NO AMOUNT OF WD40 COULD FIX IT. THEN YOU WOULD BE TRASHED. I WAS BORN TO A LOVING FAMILY FOR THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A CHILD. I'M NOT GONNA BE DISCARDED WHEN I DON'T WORK AS WELL AS I USED TO." She panted. "And I don't particularly relish you being turned into scrap. You actually care about these people. In that sense, you're better than a lot of people I've known. And in over 100 years, I've known a lot of people."

• Like 1

Levi put an earbud into one of his ears.

"This is all well and good that you're letting your feelings out, and stuff, but like that girl with the extra arms just kind of left. She took that weird rod thing too. I'd take a guess that it's kind of important." Levi shrugged.

• Like 1

Conner dashed over to the two fighting. "WOH WOH WOH! Stop, just stop! Everyone different! Just because you weren't made.. To have a reason, doesn't mean that you don't have a reason now! I mean, my family didn't really want me yet I'm not going to be thrown away. No instead I proved I was worth something to myself and wouldn't let anyone tell me otherwise. T.O.M your the best friend I always wanted back at my old life but never got. You're worth everything to me and if you ever broke down I would make it my lifes' mission to repair you again. Sylvia, your amazing, don't try to compare to other people or well anyone at all. Don't live by your past, what matters is the here and now, and now we all have each other. We are the family now that some may or may not have had before, we are together and must stay together because no one else will help us. We have each other through everything that happened and everything that will. So please stop fighting," he said as he looked between the two.

• Like 3

Sylvia panted. "That was a sigh. It's hard to convert human gestures into fox forms. It doesn't work." Her tails wagged up and down a bit. "I'm tired of arguing, tired of fighting. You are a robot TOM. And I get it, that's ****ty. You don't want to be controlled by the Asimov rules, you want to have free will and equal rights. Back in the 1960's, that's what I campaigned for; equal rights, free will. I understand. But raging at the moon about this is not gonna help. Please. Accept that you're different. Embrace it! You're a robot! You can do things that we cant! Be yourself! Cmon dude! I didn't want to be a kitsune when I was younger, but I grew into it. Look, this is sounding really Aesopy, so I'll stop, but seriously man. You can't change who you are. Seriously. Accept it." She started to morph back into human form, smiling. "Please." She gave him a hug. 

• Like 2

Matthew glanced backwards at the commotion, but by the time he'd turned back around, Bell was already off. Why wasn't she waiting for everyone else? He looked back and forth a few times, only making up his mind just after she disappeared into the distance.

"Hey! Wait up!" He ran to keep Bell's pace.

Red was about to follow Bell and Matt but then the arguing died down and Sylvia pointed out some really good points. No one can choose who that wanna be, it just happens. All you have to do is be greatful for it. Accept the gift of life and accept you you are.

However... Red was different. He wasn't a regular red squirrel born into this world like every other being but much rather created by the imagination of a little girl. He was giving the ability to talk and carry out life, unlike every other animal. Where does that put him? But we wasn't alone when he was created, Pink Ted was there too. A pink teddy bear with a yellow bow, given life by his own creator. They were best friends and quite close in the beginning. Soon others started to come to life too like Fluffy and Otto. They were whole group created from the mind of a little girl. For a few years there were forgotten but once they were found again, they become more developed characters with backstories, interests and everything. He felt more alive. He never thought about it before but... he was glad. He always too it for granted like everyone else and now look where he was. If they could find their way out of this world, he would thank Dragon Mage for all that she's done, he would hug his friends in a tight embrace and Fluffy... oh Fluffy... he missed them so much. Red felt wetness in his cheeks and realized he was crying. He wiped the tears away from his eyes, he didn't wan anyone to see him cry.

(Yay backstory! ^_^ Fun fact: this actually happened. I forgot about these guys for quite some time until recent years. Then I took what I had and built on it. Otto and Ted still need some more development though. Also I have made more recent characters but I forgot mention it above)

Edit: (Damn I wanted to had Red ask Sylvia "so what does that make me?" but I got too caught up in this backstory and the feels -_-)

Edited by DragonMage156

(This just hit a solid 200/10 on the meta scale. I'll reply as if you said that.)

Sylvia looked at him. "It means that whatever coked-up god created us was too damn high to make us human. My 'real' form is a fox that can talk and fly. Well, when I get another few tails that is. And besides, the **** does it matter? We have more weird crap here than I've seen in a commune. I mean, we litterally have spiritual beings from two entirely seperate religions. And a more polite Ted."

(Thanks Danny, glad you liked it :D )

Red didn't have a problem with being a squirrel though he tried not to give his life too much thought.

"Ted?" he said in reply to Sylvia "Heh, I have a friend who name is Ted. We used to be quite close friends but I guess at some point in our lives... we stop talking to teddy bears."

(That comment was simply because the backstory wasn't said out loud. I'm guessing it was a coincidence that Sylvia knew a different person whose name is Ted though)

2 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

(I meant this Ted:)

{Teddeh}

Spoiler

(No surprise Sylvia would know Ted)

Tim didn't know what to do with himself in this situation. He slipped away from the group in search of a small breakfast since the meat was sentient and probably wouldn't take to kindly with being roasted.

• Like 2

"Sure thing," Levi chimed, retrieving his harmonica. "Wish I had a different instrument though. I think a guitar wou—"  The harmonica changed into a guitar. "Well that's convenient." He then began to play as if nothing happened.

"Got to be..." She ran out of the hug. "Sorry Tom, let me deal with this drama real quick. Or try to, anyway." She sprinted, running infront of Bell. Her tails crept around and grabbed her spare arms, and she stood there with arms crossed. "Don't you dare walk out on us. We just lost one person, you're not leaving and dragging two more along with you. If we're gonna survive, we stick together and we find that son of a ***** in black, and we hand him his ass. Then we get her back and leave. Go home. That's when you can leave. Not now."

A little spike of panic shot through Bell as her arms were suddenly grabbed, and she ripped them out of Sylvia's tails. Or at least tried to. She was still rather spent from last night. She scowled, glaring at the fox. "Then let's go already instead of standing around and doing nothing but argue."

(Did Bell just speak?)

Tim found a pond surrounded with berries. Right next to it was particularly large tree. Perfect. Tim climbed to the lowest branch on the tree shot his grappling hand into the water in hopes of seizing a fish. He repeated this for awhile.