Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Red turned and saw everyone wake up and exchange pleasantries. He ran over to Sylvia. "Good to see you're awake" he smiled "Did you have a good sleep? Hey look, sorry for yelling at you and grabbing your tail last night" he scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

(Just a reminder:

Spoiler

"Sylvia, maybe you should listen to TOM for once! I understand we're in great danger but swearing isn't helping anyone!"

---

Red did the last thing he could do. He ran down and jumped on one of her tails, pulling on it in the process.

)

• Like 1

Arca heard that the others where giving Matthew a hard time for swearing, and turned around to face them.

"Oh, let the boy speak the way he wishes to do so. Freedom is important in any aspect, including speech." She said. 

"...though, limits should be established..." she added, looking at Sylvia.

• Like 1

Sylvia's tail caught the robot's punch. "Asimov's first law; A robot may not injure a humanoid being or, through inaction, allow a humaniod being to come to harm." She dropped the fist. "No sell metal man." She had a single eyebrow raised. "Freedom of speech isn't a sliding scale. Either everything is protected, or nothing is. If the boy wants to swear, discourage him by all means, but don't silence him."

9 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

Somebody didn't read up on the laws of robotics.

(No, my main problem is that you blatantly ignored that, plus the fact that Matthew learned the word from Sylvia.)

Matthew looked more confused than anything else. What was everyone making such a big deal over?

"Let's be honest here, he's at the age where he's gonna be finding this stuff out anyway." She paced over to where Matt was standing, one of her tails ruffling his hair. She hoisted him up, putting him on her shoulders. "Matthew, generally it's not polite to swear. In some situations it can be fine, but don't make a habit out of it like I do. Really don't."

(Permission to go Mama Bear on Mattew's ass?)

(Or Mama Fox I guess...)

• Like 1

It's moments like this that really make Bell wish she could talk. She wasn't really sure what this freedom of speech everyone was going on about was; everyone knew that the current monarch had every right to penalize you if you said something he didn't like and to outlaw certain words, but what really frustrated her was that no one had explained to Matthew that the word he said was a swear and impolite for a boy his age, or anyone really, to say. No one had yet pointed out which word he shouldn't have said and why. Bell crossed her arms, frustrated.

"WHAT?

WHY DO WE HAVE LAWS AND YOU DON'T? 

I CLEARLY SAW YOU FIGHT ARCA.

HOW COME I'M NOT ALLOWED?

WHAT MAKES ME THE ONE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BOSS AROUND?

IS IT BECAUSE I'M A ROBOT?

WELL, BREAKING NEWS SISTER

I DIDN'T GET A CHOICE.

I WANTED TO BE HUMAN.

BUT NOW I GUESS I'M JUST A SCRAP PILE TO DO ALL YOUR WORK, IS THAT RIGHT?"

• Like 1

"Asimov's rules are designed so that we don't get murdered by you. We have laws to do the same thing. Only difference is, we can't be hard wired to follow the law. Trust me, if we could, someone would've done it." She sighed. "And as for wanting to be a human... I didn't exactly ask to be a woman with dark skin. Do you know how hard that's been? I fought before 'Nam, just so I could have the right to fight in 'Nam! I was the one who used to be the servant buddy, so don't bring that **** up on me." She fumed. "TURN THAT ******* CENSORSHIP MODULE OFF!!"

Bell strode up to Sylvia and picked Matthew up out of her tails, holding him protectively before stepping between the arguers and glaring at the both of them. Since her normal arms were full, she brought out her extra ones to sign. "Stop it. No more fighting. Could someone please just tell Matthew which word he shouldn't have said and why already?"

"OH. YOU GOT TO KILL PEOPLE, YET FOR SOME REASON I'M NOT ALLOWED TO? WHAT MAKES US SO DIFFERENT? IS IT BECAUSE OF MY METAL BODY? BREAKING NEWS: THEY ALREADY FOUND A SOULUTION TO THIS IN THE MEDIVAL AGES. SO WHAT'S THE REAL REASON? WHY CAN'T I DO WHAT I WANT? WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL?"

Edited by Youknowwho

"I never killed people. I was a mechanic. This gun? Never fired. Newsflash mate; MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIKE WAR. I signed up because of a sense of duty, not because I wanted to kill people." She took a step towards the robot and started to hiss, her voice become very quiet, but with no less meaning. "And, humans in general are cheap bastards who want to control everything and everyone. And just incase you missed it; I'm not human!" To demonstrate, her body started to shrink, clothes morphing into fur, her tails adjusting to her new size. After a few seconds, a multi-tailed vixen stood where she had been standing, growling loudly.

Bell stood there as the two continued to fight for a few moments. Without a single signed word, she walked back over to where she left the rod, picked it up, and started to walk off. It was clear that this group wouldn't be getting anything good done anytime soon; they couldn't even stop arguing for five minutes. The only way Art would be rescued is if she did it herself. It wouldn't be long before she would start being treated like a freak anyway...

She stopped, setting down Matthew and looking into his eyes for a second. Bell wouldn't force him to go with her, but if she were him, she wouldn't want to stay here with all these arguing people. She turned around and started off again.

"YOU FOUGHT BECAUSE SOMEBODY CARED ABOUT YOU. YOU FOUGHT BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU COULD GO HOME IN SAFETY AFTER IT WAS ALL OVER. ME? I DON'T HAVE ANYBODY THAT CARES ABOUT ME, BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER, DOES IT? IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT YOU. YOU HAVE ALL THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD, DON'T YOU? WELL HOW ABOUT THIS. TRY AND FOCUS ON SOMBODY ELSE AND ANSWER THE ******* QUESTION!"