Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(Red snuck away while everyone was preoccupied. Then again, with that rod going nuts it's hard to get away with anything :/ )

Red picked up the object and examined it "Hm... this looks important" As soon as he picked it up, the rod went quiet. "That's odd. It seems this rod detects the next distant object when the first one is picked up" He set the rod down in the circle of mushrooms and examined the (...thing) further.

(Ok, when someone goes after Red, all they'll find is the rod. Idk, I kinda wanna have that "disappeared without a trace" kinda thing going on. Also, LadyD can you please tell us what the "object" Red picked up was? Saying the same thing over and over is kinda repetitive and boring. I keep thinking it's that box thing but judging but the location, it could be the ring thing. I'm so confused right now :/ )

Edited by DragonMage156

As soon as Red picked up the thing- the BOX thing. he had a few minutes to think putting down the rod and looking at the box. Then Red found himself NOT in a ring of mushrooms but standing in a huge hall. Sitting on a throne was Maxwell and next to the throne was a cage, in that cage was Art. 
"Red!" Art blurted out and Maxwell chuckled.
"Well well one of you decided to try and find me. I suggest you give up now and I may consider letting you live out your days. If you do not then I shall destroy you. I will isolate you one by one and destroy you"
"Don't listen to him Red!" Art blurted out "you can do it! FIND ME! FIND HIM, you have to..." Whatever they were supposed to do Art did not manage to say because Red was suddenly standing back in the mushroom circle with a box in his hand. 

Sylvia lept up and snatched the leg out of Tim's hand, despite it being half-raw. There was a crunching sound, and it dissapeared. She morphed back into human form, looking remarkably embarrassed. "Sorry about that... Sometimes the instincts aren't suppressed properly when I change. On the bright side, that was huge to my fox form, so I'm full. Thanks."

Red saw Art right there but when he reached out, she disappeared. He fell to his knees. "Damn!" he said under his breath. Then he stood up, box in hand, and started wondering off. However, he had left the divining rod behind.

(Ok now you can't find him for a while. Let's just say a squirrel is too light to leave any noticeable traces and last I checked, no one in this RP is a master tracer... except for Sylvia in fox form *cough*)

Edited by DragonMage156

Arca set down the harp. She looked at Levi and said "What a fine instrument. It is of great quality, thank you for allowing me to play." She got up, fiddled inside her pocket, took one of the coins she had and handed it to the musician. "Do take it! I insist." Arca then looked in the direction Red went in. "But, I am curious about where the little squirrel, Red went. I will return swiftly." She told anyone who was listening and flew off in the direction the squirrel went in, and when she arrived at the circle of mushrooms, all she found was the rod, which she picked up.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Ok now you can't find him for a while. Let's just say a squirrel is too light to leave any noticeable traces and last I checked, no one in this RP is a master tracer... except for Sylvia in fox form *cough*)

(The fox is totally not capable of tracking one of it's most common prey or anything...)

Matthew had an idea. First, he took a small handful of nuts and berries for himself, eating them immediately. Afterwards, he moved his rabbit to the crook of his arm, freeing up both of his hands. He cupped those together, then scooped up a good-sized portion of the haul and brought it over to Bell.

A fight broke out on the edge of the pig village between some 4 mermen and several pigs. Suffice to say there was much grunting, yelling and punching as pigs died, mermen died and a great big mess was left on the grass of dead fish, frog legs and dead pigs. 

Sylvia was not around to see this ruckus, as she was by the small pond that had been the home of the frog. After lapping up some water, she turned, intending to come back to the group, when she caught the scent of a squirrel. Well, not like they'd miss me, and it'd be just a little bit... It's been so long since I've managed to have a proper hunt... If she was in human form, she'd have grinned. As it was, she bounded off on its trail.

"They do lack direction don't they?" Maxwell drawled to Art who resolutely turned her back on him and sat down.
"Not talking to me? Isn't that a bit of a temper tantrum?  Petty?" 
"Well you are an expert on that" Art told him. 

((This thread will not die. I compel you to post! Red I suggest you reappear and let the fox find you. Then you can all ponder the box thingy and the rod which continues to beep be it at a slower pace))

• Like 2

(But I had no idea where Red is! D: maybe he's somewhere in the forest, unconscious? While people look for him, here's a dream he has)

"Red...?". There was a distant voice calling for him in the black void of Red's mind.

"Huh?"

"Red?"

"Wh... who's there?"

Red sat up (in his mind) and held his head. "Ugh, what happened?" Then a light appeared in front of him. At first it was too bright but as Red's eyes adjusted, he found him self back in the Freebirdian forests with his friends. "Red?" a bunny called Fluffy called out to him in his tree. "Red! Come on out!" Red got up and climbed out to his branch. "There you are Red!" Fluffy waved. Red saw her below and waved back. What is this? he though, confused, wasn't I just in the demonic world of Maxwell? The hounds? The shadows and... that weird box thing? What about all those people I met? And now... I'm back here? With Dragon Mage, Fluffy, Ted and Otto? Red sat there, pondering for a bit.

"Red?"

"Oh uh... coming!" he called out. Maybe it was all just a dream.

A little time had past and things seemed pretty normal. "So how about that pirate roleplay I preformed a few days ago?" an otter named Otto said "Pretty convincing aye?"

"Maybe if we didn't already know you" Fluffy giggled.

"Aw c'mon, didn't you see that guy? He looked pretty convinced that pirates had invaded this land to steal gold. If I had more people to play pirate, I probably would of had him running back to the castle"

"Yeah, then the king and his guards would have come after you" Dragon Mage said. They all laughed.

"Just you watch. As soon as I get a gun and a hat, I'm be the cowboy next"

They all chucked a little bit more.

Red however was out of the loop. He was staring down at the ground, silent, almost as if he was in a trance.

"Red?" Fluffy said with slight concern.

"Huh? What?" Red was snapped out of thought. Everyone was looking at him with worry. "Oh sorry"

"You ok Red?" Dragon Mage asked.

"Yeah just... thinking about something..."

Dragon Mage smiled "Heh well don't think too hard, you have a lot of work to do"

"Hehe yeah. Just... that dream... it feels like I've been gone for days"

"So... are you going to save them?"

Red looked up puzzled "What?"

"Are you gonna save them?" Dragon Mage repeated.

"Who?" the atmosphere around Red began to change.

"Your friends... Art... Sylvia and Bell. Tim, TOM. Matthew and Arca too? Conner, Halan?"

Red was in complete disbelief. How could Dragon Mage know people she's never met?... Unless... This wasn't real... this was the dream!

Everyone but Dragon Mage began to disappear. "Please help them" she said "please..." she began morphing into a different person "help us" it was one of the survivors.

Red stumbled and fell backwards.

"Th-this can' be happening!" Then everything around them disappeared. The figure walked up to him and morphed into someone else. "Say pal..." it said "You don't look so good" then it laughed and the ground beneath Red disappeared and he fell into the black abyss once more.

---

Red gasped as he opened his eyes. He sat up, breathing heavily and sweating as if he just ran a marathon. He looked around and found himself in an unfamiliar part of the forest. The grass seemed darker too. Where am I? And... how did I get here? He noticed a small wooden box thing next to him. Ugh that damned object. He put his hand on his forehead, lost and kinda frustrated too. Then he heard some rustling nearby.

(Sorry if this post is long and (possibly) unnecessary, I can remove/edit it if you want. Also, LadyD, I'm not trying to take over Maxwell, it was just a flashback of sorts.

Poor Red... I just gave him the ultimate mind f**k didn't I? XD)

(Edit: I'll let someone else decided which survivor Dragon Mage became in the dream AND whether the rustling in the bushes is someone looking for Red or not).

Edited by DragonMage156

Arca returned to the group with the divining rod and moved over to Tim. "Sir Tim, I have found this device laying around on the ground, possibly where Red left it. It no longer produces the sound it used to. Have you got an idea as to what it might be doing?" She asked.

Matthew had wandered away from the others and towards the pile of meat, fish, and frog legs from earlier. He felt somewhat guilty about not being able to stop the fight, even though he knew he probably wouldn't have been able to do anything in time. Still...he glanced around, noticing how some pigs were eyeing the pile but keeping their distance from him. He closed his eyes, then thrust his arm into the slimy pile, grabbing and taking the first thing his hand brushed against. Trying to keep himself from vomiting, he practically ran over to the nearest pig, then held up the sticky shank of meat and turned his head away.

(LadyD, if this succeeds, you can control the pig. Then you'll have a character to move.)

SNORT
"What have you got? Better be good!" the pig snatched the foot darting two feet away to gobble it down then he rushed back and declared loudly

"YOU FRIEND!" 
Matthew now had a pig that followed him closely but not too closely.