Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

(Still haven't gotten confirmation from LadyD, so I'll just put this here

Spoiler

Name: Tim Finnegan (Goes by Finnegan)(Nevermind, goes by Tim now...)

Backstory(just a brief as to how you ended up here): Finnegan was working to perfect his newest creation: The Companion! (he wasn't the best at names) Which was a steampunk mechanical spider with 8 thin legs and a lightbulb for a body. He could never get it to work though. He threw the 9th failed attempt at his radio, which only played static. Suddenly, as the failed companion made contact, the radio spoke. "Say pal, looks like you're having some trouble there. I have some forbidden knowledge I can share with you~"

Finnegan woke up in a forest with a fully functional pet mechanical spider.

Appearance: 6 ft. tall, messy oily black hair, steampunk goggles with a flip monocle attached, left arm replaced with  brass plated, mechanical, all-purpose arm replacement, wears blue coat, brown pants and black boots.

Personality: Cheery, eccentric, confident, introverted: feels more closer to his machines than people.

Quirk/Gift/Ability (optional):

-Stores alot of spare gears, nuts and bolts in his mechanical arm to mess around with and build tiny controllable companions.

-His mechanical left arm has a wide array of tools to fit any situation

Weakness: Not all of his inventions will work, some will backfire miserably.

Etc: Is British, via steampunk usually being associated with 19th century Victorian England.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 3

She laughed, then took in a deep breath. "I've been conscious of the world around me since around WW1. Since ageing is all screwy, despite me being chronologically 30-something, I was basically a six-year old. It was after WW2 that I realised that I should be doing stuff other than messing around. I actually served in 'Nam, would you believe it. Not a soldier though." She chuckled. "What about you? What's your life been like so far?"

Matthew noticed that the winged lady was back, and while she wasn't crying anymore, she still looked rather upset. After checking to see if anyone else intended to eat next to her, he sat down by her side, scootching back a bit to stay away from the crackling flames. He wondered what to say to her, and ended up sitting there for a while before he could gather the courage to speak.

"You can hold Wiffleball for a bit, if you want. He makes me feel better when I'm sad."

• Like 5

Conner thought about his life. It wasn't really as interesting as hers was but he guess he could tell it. "Well I certainly didn't really live a life like that but hm where to begin. Well when I was little my parents weren't really supportive of anything or really helped me. In fact I got a job when I was 15, a small one mind you but I needed it to buy school supplies and such. Before that job I would try and do small things for the neighbors to get the money like mowing the lawn and what not. When I turned 18 I immediately left and tried to have my own place. It wasn't that great I was even homeless for a bit but that's when I met Jack. He was a puppy then that someone left in the street and from then on it was mostly me and him until my parents contacted me again and tried to be in my life. The was two years ago and it started to get pretty smooth by then. And well this happened now," after finishing his speech he smiled.

• Like 2

"Trust me, I'd rather have a life like that than the one I've had. Actually, no not really, but what I've seen over the years...  Y'know, back at my place, in London, I've got relics from pretty much every period I've lived in. People always look at me funny when they see the trench knife, the LAW anti-tank casing, the Lee-Enfield. But I'd rather be that little bit strange. I saw that LAW used. One of my boyfriends gave me the rifle when he came home. They're like history." She sighed. "Enough about me." She bit into the chicken, and saw Red standing apart from the group. She shuffled over a bit on the log she was sitting on, and said "hey, why're you standing out there? Fire's nice! I don't bite..."

"Actually..."

• Like 1

"You'd want to befriend a dog?" he asked thinking that was the part she meant. Then he looked at her "Wait one of your boyfriends gave you a rifle? You know how to shot? Or do you just like to collect antique things? Man I wish I could see that collection it would be interesting," he started to eat some of the chicken and looked at Sylvia with complete interest.

She laughed again. "Not what I meant kiddo..." She paused, one of her tails ruffling his hair. "As to shooting..." "I can 'shoot'," as she said this, her other two tails made air quotes. "Obviously I can fire a gun, and reload it, every person in the army was taught that, but I can't fight. If you gave me a modern gun and pointed to a battlefield, I couldn't fight!" She paused to have another bite. "And yes, I do like collecting old things. I have a ton. If we get out of here, I'll show you all of it. Maybe I could meet the dog too..."

Conner nodded to Sylvia then looked over at T.O.M. He wondered how much work the robot would need to be fixed to well however he was before looking broken down. "Jack would love to see you, probably even if you were a fox but then he might try to play with you," he laughed at this. "Now I may not be the one to really say anything but that was a great meal, even if it was just chicken. I usually eat frozen meals... Ah but I feel like I'm ignoring T.O.M, the poor guy can't eat so I'm going to go sit with him," he said smiling one last time at Sylvia then getting up and going to keep T.O.M company. As he sat near the robot he spoke up "So how you doing so far? Anything feel out of place?" he looked interested in what Bell was doing but mostly just looked at T.O.M.

(To answer Chris' question, yes and no - Matthew's Wiffleball and the WaW Wiffleball aren't of the same continuity, but they share the same backstory up to a specific point. Then, they diverge.)

"Yeah. That's his name." Matthew held up the plush rabbit.

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 1

"Yeah!" After a moment, though, Matthew's enthusiasm dimmed and he lowered his head slightly. "He's...not really alive, if that's what you're thinking." He raised his head again, a small smile on his face. "But it feels nice to say so."