Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Hal blushes. 

"I doubt I'll ever be a good fighter...ahah..."

He points at the telescope.

"The lens I'm using have a zoom of merely 25 times. I had a bigger better telescope home...too bad I didn't know I would be trapped here. It'll be a bummer to have to clean the dust out of it when I go back! ...that is, if I go back."

He assumes an expression of worry, but shortly after he cancels it with a smile

"When night arrives and the sky is clear, you'll be able to look at the beauty of the cosmos. Or what we can see of it, at least."

"Oh~ I look forward to it already!" Arca says, feeling very excited. 

"Though in the meantime..." she picked up two tougher twigs. She threw one at Halan, in a way he could catch it.
"I will be honest, I realize I just said that you were doing great back there... --and you were! However, your stance and attacks could use some work." She stood face to Halan, and said "Alright. First of all, show me what you can do." and she went into a defensive pose.

• Like 1

Sylvia walked by, her tail finally having stopped trying to strangle her. She clambered up the tree where she'd tossed the turkey, and grabbed the bird. Balancing carefully, she fell over, all three of her tails clinging onto the branch for dear life.

"'lil help?"

2 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

Someone interrupts the scene and makes it awkward.

(Like me?)

• Like 1

Hal jumps when he hears Sylvia's comment.

"N-no. Thank you."

Hal blushes even more. His low self esteem combined with a few people watching was not helping him.

But eventually, he decided to take a deep breath, calm down and give this a shot.

"Alright." *whispering* "Here goes nothing!"

Holding the stick with two hands he charges at Arca and swings diagonally, aiming for her left shoulder

Conner looked up from T.O.M "Oh sure!" he said as he walked over to the fox girl. He made sure to go around the two who were practicing fighting. "So what do you need me for?" he asked at he looked in question at Sylvia.

"Hang on, Sylvia-- Ah!" Arca deflected Halan's attack with her stick. "Alright, not bad--" she heard Sylvia's comment about Hal's fighting. "Well, I am sure you would not be able to do any better, hmm? Halan. Try to stand a little more straight when you are about to attack. When swinging, you must expect your opponent to deflect your thrust. So after the block, try jumping and using your wings to-... Uhh, try to jump to a side your opponent will not expect you to, and have a slash that way. It is one of the first moves you get teached in duel class!"

Edited by RyanandLink
  • Like 1

She tossed the turkey to him, following it up with a "hold that for a sec would ya?" Now that her hands were free, she started curling her tails, making her pull her upper body upwards. "This is the most uncomfortable sit-up nature has ever devised..." She grabbed onto the branch, let go with her tails and dropped feet first. "Thanks kiddo."

Conner made sure to not drop the turkey and watched the fox girl drop down. "You're welcome. Wait kiddo? I-I'm not a kid, I'm 22 years old!" he was shocked that he would ever be called kiddo again. He thought he out grew that nickname when he turned 18 and told his parent he wasn't a kid and yet here this fox girl was calling him that. Will that stick forever to him?

• Like 1

Matthew walked over to where the others were congregating, making sure to stay as far away from the dead hounds as he could. Once there, he quietly watched the duel, standing a little ways away from Sylvia and Conner.

"Yes! It is correct of you to act in defense after your first strike, since your opponent will most likely slash back after it. Now, after your enemy attacks, try to hop back again and give yourself another opportunity to strike back. By doing this, you also unravel a pattern that your opponent uses to attack. Do note that the one facing you might also use this tactic to figure out your attack pattern, but there are ways to stop that from happening." Arca told Halan.

"Alright, so now restart and attempt to hit me again. Use the tactics I have released upon you!" she said, while smiling.

Bell, ignoring everything else that was going on, was poking around inside the machine and trying to figure out how everything worked without disturbing too much. Her finger accidentally brushed by the end of a stray wire and got shocked. She reflexively pulled her hand back and opened her mouth as if to yell, but no sound came out. She had never had a spark feel like that before, she thought as she waved her hand around in a vain attempt to make the feeling go away.