Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"Do not touch me!!" Arca said, crawling away from Halan, tears springing from her eyes. "...Halan...? I-I am so sorry..." she says, feeling bad for yelling at him. She scooted herself back to her previous spot.

"That is not... why I had to have s-some time for myself. I... must tell you something." She said. "Down here you have got monsters, dangerous beasts...

but nothing as disturbing and... crooked as y-you will find up the... re...!" in her last word you could hear her cry a bit again. She rested her head on Halan's shoulder as she tried to stop her tears from coming out.

• Like 1

Art managed to not throw up so she was rather pleased with that, she looked back at the group. They were in utter disarray, half had wondered off and everything had gone to hell in a hand basket. Art decided to do something useful she grabbed the hound by the leg and dragged it over to one side. Down wind of the fire, she dragged the other hound and then the last one. They were now in a neat row, the stench of them was enough to make her want to gag and retch all over again. 

The fire the had might allow them to cook but it had to be heated up first, built up and then reduced to coals before it was any good for that. Personally Art was not sure that the hound things were going to be edible, they didn't smell good but then again neither did the inside of that turkey thing. 
"We need a plan, a plan to catch that tall git the next time he shows up" Art proclaimed to no one in particular and looked at the area around them. If they were to sleep she wasn't sure she wanted to sleep out in the open like this. She also wanted a blanket or something. 
"I am going to go get some more of this long grass" Art said and grabbed a flint stone to cut it. That would make it much faster to pick. 

Arca hugged back slightly. "You are right... " she sighed. "I should not have... ran off." she wiped her tears with her hand. "Thank you, Halan." 

During their conversation her Halo had a bleak blue glow coming off of it, but now it changed into a more colourful version of the normal purple.

Sylvia looked up. "We couldn't. My father was a nine-tail and he couldn't vanish like that." She sighed, the cooking bird letting off a delicious smell. "We'd have to neutralise him. That's fairly easy, but I'm guessing it would take an eight, maybe nine-tail to do so..."

"Dammit!She punched the ground. "If only my father was here..."

31 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

"It's ok to have some time for yourself. I can leave you alone if you want some peace."

He smiles

(Alone time 0-o? Me gusta...)

"Oh... it was my pleasure!" she says laughingly, with a single sniff inbetween two of the words. "Uhh, I went quite far from the rest... I think it would be faster if we flew there. Would you like a ride back?" Arca asked Halan, while gesturing a piggyback ride.

(Heh, late reply.)

"Oh, I like all of them." Matthew began to list different animals, rattling them off as if he were reading them from a book. After about a minute of this, his voice trailed off, and he stood in awkward silence.

"Alright! Hop on. Now secure yourself however you feel comfortable." She put her hair over her shoulder so that it won't be in Halan's face. "And... if at all possible, try to keep off my wings, since that can be a little disorienting." Arca said. "Whenever you are ready!"

Sylvia looked up as Hal and Arca dropped from the sky. She rubbed her wrist and nodded to them in greeting. "You arrived just in time. The bird's done." Using a stick, she rolled the turkey out. It looked blackened and charred, but when she cut past the skin, the meat was white and tender. "If you're not vegetarian, we can eat." She seemed a bit more somber, less exited, less 'bouncy'. She sliced off a strip of meat and ate it. "Y'know, we could use those berries to make a sauce? Like cranberries at Christmas?"

Conner looked back at them. Hearing that the food was ready made him realize how hungry he actually was "Hey let's go get some food Matthew," he said smiling to the kid and motioned to follow him as he went over to the others.

Matthew nodded and began to follow Conner. He wasn't actually too hungry now, but he supposed he could maybe take some of what they were having and eat it later. Besides, he didn't want to upset whoever cooked it by not showing up. That would be rude.