[Game Update] - 170540

• Developer

Changes

• Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep!
  • Survivor item collection added, including new character heads and new craftable items
  • Seasonal audio filtering has been re-added. Muffled winters and crisp summers are back!
  • Haunting a Book now has a chance to transform it into a different book instead of triggering its effects
  • Lots of work on the Beefalo Domestication system: new animations for feedback, simplified some mechanics, added Brush and Saddlehorn items to help with the domestication process, and the final locked-in domestication step actually happens now!
  • Increased Whip durability
  • Added a new storage companion for the Caves (Note: available after you regenerate a new world)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where custom Cave presets made from other custom presets could get stuck while generating a world
  • Fixed crash with mod downloading while in the Mods Screen
  • Fixed crash caused by corrupted player history file

View full update

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Haunting a Book now has a chance to transform it into a different book instead of triggering its effects.

This is just as, if not more, broken as haunting books for their effects. Not a fan of this change, just my 2 cents. 

Another nail in the coffin for PVP. Being a ghost has less and less consequences.

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Haunting a Book now has a chance to transform it into a different book instead of triggering its effects

Isn't this just as broken, if not more than before? This allows a ghost friend to make a bunch of horiculture books into something good and expensive like the time is nigh or sleepytime stories. This will make PVP more broken than it already is.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep!

This was very informative.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, FelixTheJudge said:

"Survivor item collection added, including new character heads and new craftable items "

can anyone tell me what this means?

New skins.

Oh, and I already guessed what the item is for the other hutch transformation.

Spoiler

It's the one-man band.

Edited by TemporaryMan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, V2C said:

Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep! Meep!

Is no one actually going to acknowledge this?! FRIKKIN MANDRAKES... MAN!! O__O

Let the Panfluting being!! O__O

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, V2C said:

As a Non-PvP player I don't see why this is a bad thing compared to the other posts. I remember people joining my server and spam haunting the hogriculture book for infinite Crops and what have you. Never did like that.

I guess the real downside is the RNG chance of getting an Grief book(Nigh, Sleep, and Tentacles).

You should do it like the crockpot where if it haunts it, it just turns into rot. But instead of rot it turns into a 'blank book' that a ghost can write its spooky messages in, like you guys did with the signs. Or Alternatively a normal book that can only be used as fire fuel.

The infinite use aspect the books have been removed and thats what I'm happy for. But it does seem like the RNG chance of getting a grief book is a bit disheartening.

• Like 1

wathgrithr_survivor = "You have to try harder than this to defeat me!",
    webber_survivor = "I want to go home.",
    wendy_survivor = "I carry on for Abigail's sake.",
    wickerbottom_survivor = "I hope I don't break my glasses.",
    willow_survivor = "Surviving just requires strength of will. (And fire.)",
    wilson_survivor = "There is a scientific solution, here. I know it.",
    wolfgang_survivor = "Wolfgang is tough. Lots of muscle.",
    woodie_survivor = "I could do with a haircut and a cup of tea, eh?",
    wx78_survivor = "PLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE NEAREST REPAIR SHOP",

body_wathgrithr_survivor = "Torn Costume",
    body_webber_survivor = "Bandaged Body",
    body_wendy_survivor = "Shredded Skirt",
    body_wes_survivor = "Threadbare Clothing",
    body_wickerbottom_survivor = "Tattered Togs",
    body_willow_survivor = "Raggedy Rags",
    body_wilson_survivor = "Rumpled Outfit",
    body_wolfgang_survivor = "Patched Bodysuit",
    body_woodie_survivor = "Grubby Gear",
    body_wx78_survivor = "Battered Body Case",
    cookpot_survival = "Camping Crock Pot",  <--- Elegant

torch_rag = "Weatherbeaten Torch",  <--- Elegant
    wathgrithr_survivor = "The Survivor",
    webber_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wendy_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wes_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wickerbottom_survivor = "The Survivor",
    willow_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wilson_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wolfgang_survivor = "The Survivor",
    woodie_survivor = "The Survivor",
    wx78_survivor = "The Survivor",

Bolded ones are what I assume are the new craftable skins.  Crockpot and torch skin?? :D

Edited by MerelyMelly
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, rons0n said:

As a Non-PvP player I don't see why this is a bad thing compared to the other posts. I remember people joining my server and spam haunting the hogriculture book for infinite Crops and what have you. Never did like that.

I guess the real downside is the RNG chance of getting an Grief book(Nigh, Sleep, and Tentacles).

You should do it like the crockpot where if it haunts it, it just turns into rot. But instead of rot it turns into a 'blank book' that a ghost can write its spooky messages in, like you guys did with the signs. Or Alternatively a normal book that can only be used as fire fuel.

The infinite use aspect the books have been removed and thats what I'm happy for. But it does seem like the RNG chance of getting a grief book is a bit disheartening.

I can see it as a sorta benefit, as I can turn my Horiculture books to Tentacles, which makes it easier for me as the Culture books are easy to make.

And I wished they showed us some pics of the new skins....that'd be nice.

Edited by TheProtagonist
Messed up the post.
  • Like 2