Tomorrow the game updates?

I was told that the game updates 3 in 3 weeks, by my calculations tomorrow complete the third week, you will have or not?

This has many bugs when I enter in my world comes hound, I know, as soon will jump world, and do not want to jump before upgrading

hQp4wzs.jpg

I’m going to share a rough outline of our plans for Shipwrecked in the coming months. We’re aiming to release an update around every 3 weeks, with the next update being scheduled for the middle of January and the final update being at the end of February. After that there will be an update dedicated entirely to bug fixes and balance changes.

From the Shipwrecked roadmap thread. We had our final content update when Woodlegs came out. The roadmap only says every three weeks for the content updates, so we can't be sure that the bug fix update will be this week.

9 hours ago, SinisterOctopus said:

From the Shipwrecked roadmap thread. We had our final content update when Woodlegs came out. The roadmap only says every three weeks for the content updates, so we can't be sure that the bug fix update will be this week.

Wait, hold on, so everything that's been added is all that is in the final version?

wow

WOW

2 hours ago, SinisterOctopus said:

To be fair, this is just an expansion, so we can't expect it to have the same amount of content as vanilla. But I wish it did.

If the expansion is less polished and less fleshed out, what is the point in having it as a separate experience.

They made a huge mistake not making it a vanilla game add-on.

16 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

If the expansion is less polished and less fleshed out, what is the point in having it as a separate experience.

They made a huge mistake not making it a vanilla game add-on.

They said there will be a way to move to the islands from the vanilla worlds. So it's really not a separate experience.

• Developer
Just now, debugman18 said:

They said there will be a way to move to the islands from the vanilla worlds. So it's really not a separate experience.

There already is a way to do that, actually, by crafting the Sea-Worthy portal in your world.

Same for travelling from SW to Vanilla/RoG worlds, but for that you have to find the Sea-Worthy instead of crafting it.

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

There already is a way to do that, actually, by crafting the Sea-Worthy portal in your world.

Same for travelling from SW to Vanilla/RoG worlds, but for that you have to find the Sea-Worthy instead of crafting it.

Ah, I see. I'm a little out of touch with Shipwrecked. :p

Shipwrecked, in my opinion, all around, was disappointing. I'm not saying it's not good - but I'm saying it's really disappointing.

In my opinion, since they wanted it to be a standalone game, if they wanted to use Don't Starve, no. We've already got the mess of DST being a separate game (Even though it could probably run the base game totally fine) and in my opinion, if you want SW to be a standalone game, just make a completely new game and don't use DS as a base. Otherwise, it should've been a DLC from the beginning.

Personally, I also believe it would be better considered as a "mod" rather a DLC. It adds very little unique-ness, it seems besides the horridly unfinished sailing mechanic that everything is a reskin of something much, much better. We need more original concepts, not "Water Beefalo". After hearing that SW was essentially finished, my jaw actually dropped.  Mostly because I was tired at the time and needed to yawn, but still. It is not done. It is not finished. It's not even close. The ocean lacks severely of anything that's actually interesting, the biomes are bland and are literally only there for resources, not anything interesting to do, there are no late-game goals (Even DS has the ruins to combat this) and the combat mechanic at sea is still absolutely horrendous.  What was once skill and timing with kiting has been replaced with smacking things head on until one of you runs out of HP. It's seasons have no saving grace, they all seem tedious as hell and have the mission the change your play style, which is fine, but it shouldn't be drilled into the ground the day the season hits, and there is no in-between time (Like spring, for instance) It's characters are, for the most part, incredibly boring and lacking, with both Walani and Woodlegs seemingly specializing their skills in early game with not much use later game. And Woodleg's biggest downfall is sitting on a pile of loot is fun and all, but when life hands itself to you on a silver platter it just doesn't feel like a fun challenge anymore. The quacken is... confusing in it's design, it drops loot that has no connection to it whatsoever, seemingly a rip-off of the ancient guardian, while it's name, "Quacken" doesn't reflect anything AT ALL on it's appearance that I've found, which was severely disappointing as I expected a giant rubber duck with tentacles, or at least SOMETHING involving the word quack. Maybe he has a fake medical license we haven't seen yet? The DLC feels empty, it just feels like more stuff to paint your RoG worlds with, which should not and should NEVER be the case. I expected a world, not a blank ocean with nothing but useless jellyfish and finicky as hell waves. It's world generation is odd, crates become useless after day 15, food is more plentiful than an all-you-can-eat buffet, it's artwork is a stretch at best (And that's being very courteous to what I've said in the past about it) and it's music just sounds like it was rushed out of a workshop, resulting in a cluttered and messy chaotic mess.

1 hour ago, Weirdobob said:

Shipwrecked, in my opinion, all around, was disappointing. I'm not saying it's not good - but I'm saying it's really disappointing.

In my opinion, since they wanted it to be a standalone game, if they wanted to use Don't Starve, no. We've already got the mess of DST being a separate game (Even though it could probably run the base game totally fine) and in my opinion, if you want SW to be a standalone game, just make a completely new game and don't use DS as a base. Otherwise, it should've been a DLC from the beginning.

Personally, I also believe it would be better considered as a "mod" rather a DLC. It adds very little unique-ness, it seems besides the horridly unfinished sailing mechanic that everything is a reskin of something much, much better. We need more original concepts, not "Water Beefalo". After hearing that SW was essentially finished, my jaw actually dropped.  Mostly because I was tired at the time and needed to yawn, but still. It is not done. It is not finished. It's not even close. The ocean lacks severely of anything that's actually interesting, the biomes are bland and are literally only there for resources, not anything interesting to do, there are no late-game goals (Even DS has the ruins to combat this) and the combat mechanic at sea is still absolutely horrendous.  What was once skill and timing with kiting has been replaced with smacking things head on until one of you runs out of HP. It's seasons have no saving grace, they all seem tedious as hell and have the mission the change your play style, which is fine, but it shouldn't be drilled into the ground the day the season hits, and there is no in-between time (Like spring, for instance) It's characters are, for the most part, incredibly boring and lacking, with both Walani and Woodlegs seemingly specializing their skills in early game with not much use later game. And Woodleg's biggest downfall is sitting on a pile of loot is fun and all, but when life hands itself to you on a silver platter it just doesn't feel like a fun challenge anymore. The quacken is... confusing in it's design, it drops loot that has no connection to it whatsoever, seemingly a rip-off of the ancient guardian, while it's name, "Quacken" doesn't reflect anything AT ALL on it's appearance that I've found, which was severely disappointing as I expected a giant rubber duck with tentacles, or at least SOMETHING involving the word quack. Maybe he has a fake medical license we haven't seen yet? The DLC feels empty, it just feels like more stuff to paint your RoG worlds with, which should not and should NEVER be the case. I expected a world, not a blank ocean with nothing but useless jellyfish and finicky as hell waves. It's world generation is odd, crates become useless after day 15, food is more plentiful than an all-you-can-eat buffet, it's artwork is a stretch at best (And that's being very courteous to what I've said in the past about it) and it's music just sounds like it was rushed out of a workshop, resulting in a cluttered and messy chaotic mess.

the new mobs(most of them at least), while they are reskins, at least have some extra perk(fishermerms are entirely different than merms, flops respawn, etc.).

I agree though about the ocean being boring and the biomes in it being only unique because of resources(though the normal world's biomes are also unique because of resources, aren't they?)

1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

the new mobs(most of them at least), while they are reskins, at least have some extra perk(fishermerms are entirely different than merms, flops respawn, etc.).

I agree though about the ocean being boring and the biomes in it being only unique because of resources(though the normal world's biomes are also unique because of resources, aren't they?)

1. Yes, and those creatures are what we consider not reskins and in fact totally different things, and fishermerms are actually incredibly overpowered to live near.

2. Yes, but in the base game, you explored because you wanted to explore. In SW, you explore because you need to, as you can't get resources just by walking around.

6 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

1. Sim, e essas criaturas são o que consideramos não reskins e, de facto, coisas totalmente diferentes, e fishermerms são realmente incrivelmente dominado a viver perto.

2. Sim, mas na base do jogo, você explorou porque você  queria  para explorar. Em SW, você explora porque você  precisa  para, como você não pode obter recursos apenas andando ao redor.

I'll skip the world now, if update was sad; -;

I'm a bit surprised that so many are disappointed with the game in general. I'm quite happy with shipwrecked. I think they did a fantastic job with it. I will say though that there are a few aspects that I think they dropped the ball on: 

1. Ocean is way too barren. They could have made the ghost ships more interesting to spice up the long expanses of nothingness in the ocean. At the moment you can get limpets from the wreck, and hammer it for some boards. Really..? That's it? What happened to all the awesome suggestions that went with it?

2. I was very disappointed with the volcano. It's way too small with not much to do. I was hoping for something akin to the caves/ruins. This could have added so much more depth to the game, but it ends up just being a novelty. Just another island almost. 

2 hours ago, Nickolas2600 said:

Ship wrecked is disappointing compared to reign of giants. There I said it. 

Actually, it's not. Think about what reign of giants added: two seasons, two characters, three giants, a couple new mobs, a six crockpot dishes, a couple of new structures, couple new craftables.

Think about what shipwrecked added:

New half-cave (volcano)

Four characters

Three giants

Two new crafting tabs (nautical and volcanic)

Many new craftables for existing tabs

Two-ish new seasons (hurricane stands on its own and monsoon + dry = 1)

A handful non-reskined, no-equivalent mobs (snakes, prime apes, fishermerms, dragoons, ballphins)

Whole new method of play (more nomadic, regular travel)

New mechanics of wind, flooding, and poison

Higher tier tools for faster gathering (obsidian)

And probably more that I don't have more time to think of.

What RoG had going for it was it built upon an already wonderful world. SW is building its own world upon a wonderful concept. That's a lot to ask for $5. Honestly, I think SW shows a lot more quality than just $5. I do wish, however, it had more to it for $10. Let's please stop saying that the SW DLC doesn't have enough content. It does. It's just a big world to fill for only $5

I already said this in another topic but i say it again here.

For the Goal at hand Shipwrecked was rushed and i mean rushed. Lets reconsider how long it took to create what we now know as the Vanilla/Reign of GIants Worlds. I tell you how long almost 3 Years Klei worked on making the Don't Starves World look, feel and play the way they are and Capy took on a task that i personally consider a Behemoth and as we now seem to notice failed. And that is creating a whole new world alongside RoG massive contentfilled worlds in about 4 Months.

I admit when i read the Roadmap i was hopefull but the more Content updates we got the more i came to realize that they just can't create worlds in the Vein of RoG in just 4 months expect if they would have been able to make new meaningfull content updates every 10-15 days instead of the almost 3 weeks that added only a couple of things and while that content is pretty cool it's just not enought to fill the Shipwrecked worlds with the amount of live they need.

Personally I say SW should have had a Devtime of roughtly half a year if not 8 Months to reach a satisfying quality level akin to Reign of Giants and i get it RoG worked so well because Klei already worked with the existing worlds however thats the point RoGs Development Roadmap worked because they already had a base to work on that being the Vanilla worlds while SW tried to create a whole new type of world and 4 Months just are not enought to create a whole new type of world and fill it with enought content to rival RoG.

And it pains me to be this well mean because i did enjoy SW quite a lot when it came out but the more i played the more i came to realize how tedious and just boring it is. I mean when you already have a hard time to find basic things like Islands, Yaaarctopus or even the Volcano because there is just no sense of direction you only frustrate the player because it can take days if not weeks of ingame time to just discover a single interesting thing among the dozens of Islands that are just filled with Apes, Snakes and the occasional Merms or Spiders.

Huh i think at this point all i can say is that i will still continue playing Don't Starve however if I probably won't do as much stuff in SW other then going to those worlds from an already existing RoG world and make some Spearguns because i can't be botherd to explore enought just for some minor things like the Volcanoitems.

20 minutes ago, WillPwn4Food said:

Actually, it's not. Think about what reign of giants added: two seasons, two characters, three giants, a couple new mobs, a six crockpot dishes, a couple of new structures, couple new craftables.

Think about what shipwrecked added:

New half-cave (volcano)

Four characters

Three giants

Two new crafting tabs (nautical and volcanic)

Many new craftables for existing tabs

Two-ish new seasons (hurricane stands on its own and monsoon + dry = 1)

A handful non-reskined, no-equivalent mobs (snakes, prime apes, fishermerms, dragoons, ballphins)

Whole new method of play (more nomadic, regular travel)

New mechanics of wind, flooding, and poison

Higher tier tools for faster gathering (obsidian)

And probably more that I don't have more time to think of.

What RoG had going for it was it built upon an already wonderful world. SW is building its own world upon a wonderful concept. That's a lot to ask for $5. Honestly, I think SW shows a lot more quality than just $5. I do wish, however, it had more to it for $10. Let's please stop saying that the SW DLC doesn't have enough content. It does. It's just a big world to fill for only $5

BUT! While Shipwrecked added more stuff as a dlc, because Reign of Giants is just an add-on to the vanilla game, and shipwrecked being almost entirely standalone, RoG has more stuff. Sure SW might have added more as a dlc, when you take into account that it's basically standalone, RoG is more content packed, overall leaving me disappointed with SW.

It was supposed to be a stand-alone but because of feedback it became an expansion (not sure if the planed content got cut because of it too) . In my opinion the best things about it are .
1.The seasons - they are more harsh , more "damn a disaster hit this world"(more apocalyptic) compared to vanilla .
2.Also Quacken , it's not that hard but the scope of it and the way it is made is just epic a really big giant - that only makes me hope that future bosses are bigger/harder/more threatening (specially for DST when you are 3-4 ppl you need to fight something really big to make the fight feel more epic , like 1 person hits the boss head while the others are dealing with it's arms) .
On the other hand volcano feels too empty - a mob or two would not hurt or something to make it more dangerous . And I hoped for a volcano boss . 

But well it's still early maybe they will add more content after it get's out of early access , we can only hope . 

EDIT:Saw the Disappointed topic too late ...

I feel like klei and capy are too good to leave SW as it is. I hope that the new bugfixes updates will also be balance updates. They need to make sea combat not impossible, the characters fun yet not OP, flesh out the volcano caves, and various other things. I agree that I would've paid more for a more fleshed out, balanced out, more fun game.

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

I already said this in another topic but i say it again here.

For the Goal at hand Shipwrecked was rushed and i mean rushed. Lets reconsider how long it took to create what we now know as the Vanilla/Reign of GIants Worlds. I tell you how long almost 3 Years Klei worked on making the Don't Starves World look, feel and play the way they are and Capy took on a task that i personally consider a Behemoth and as we now seem to notice failed. And that is creating a whole new world alongside RoG massive contentfilled worlds in about 4 Months.

I admit when i read the Roadmap i was hopefull but the more Content updates we got the more i came to realize that they just can't create worlds in the Vein of RoG in just 4 months expect if they would have been able to make new meaningfull content updates every 10-15 days instead of the almost 3 weeks that added only a couple of things and while that content is pretty cool it's just not enought to fill the Shipwrecked worlds with the amount of live they need.

Personally I say SW should have had a Devtime of roughtly half a year if not 8 Months to reach a satisfying quality level akin to Reign of Giants and i get it RoG worked so well because Klei already worked with the existing worlds however thats the point RoGs Development Roadmap worked because they already had a base to work on that being the Vanilla worlds while SW tried to create a whole new type of world and 4 Months just are not enought to create a whole new type of world and fill it with enought content to rival RoG.

And it pains me to be this well mean because i did enjoy SW quite a lot when it came out but the more i played the more i came to realize how tedious and just boring it is. I mean when you already have a hard time to find basic things like Islands, Yaaarctopus or even the Volcano because there is just no sense of direction you only frustrate the player because it can take days if not weeks of ingame time to just discover a single interesting thing among the dozens of Islands that are just filled with Apes, Snakes and the occasional Merms or Spiders.

Huh i think at this point all i can say is that i will still continue playing Don't Starve however if I probably won't do as much stuff in SW other then going to those worlds from an already existing RoG world and make some Spearguns because i can't be botherd to explore enought just for some minor things like the Volcanoitems.

Couldn't have said it better myself 

Archived