The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

Hello everyone! Dannyrulx here, and I'll be bringing back one of my older RP's because I can. Seriously. I had appendicitis, my appendix burst, I had to stay in hospital, the RP died. It was sad, yes, but now it returns! 

Summons to:

@Shonex

@MenaAthena

@KidneyBeanBoy

@Derpime

Those were all the oldies! You don't have to use your original characters; Lord knows I 'ain't. For all the rules and a bit of backstory, check out the original RP here: 

So! Onto character creation!

Of course I didn't use Unending and Wave after Wave's one! Who would do that?!

Name:

Race:

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.):
Personality:
Appearance:

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Etc:

• Like 1

All Characters So Far:

Dannyrulx: Mortium LeFay (Me)

Spoiler

Name: Mortium LeFay

Race: Human (?)

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Unknown
Personality: Despite his appearance, and profession, Mort is actually an incredibly charismatic person. With a college-boy attitude and a easygoing nature, he's a pleasure to be around, unless he's drunk, in which case he's very dangerous to be around. He enjoys quietness however, and is always appreciative of even the smallest break, explaining that before he was in the caves, his life was hectic, and he rarely had a moment to himself.
Appearance: Mort looks around 20 years old, with a clean-shaven face, and carefully cut black hair. He wears a black hoodie with no motif on it, and it's hood is impossibly dark when he puts it up, to the point where even the shadowlurker cannot find him. He wears a pair of dark grey cargo pants and white boots that come up to above his ankles. He also has a meter-and-a-half staff, which he uses as a weapon.

Strengths: His hoodie provides immunity from the shadowlurker when the hood is up, he has a combat stave that he is fully capable of using, and rarely, if ever needs to eat. 
Weaknesses: Hard to tell. He definitely has plenty of limits, but it's just hard to... Pin them down.  (This is NOT supposed to be OP. He simply has nothing that he is overwhelmingly bad at, instead being decent at all but a few select things)
Etc: Says he used to be a priest of death, caring for the temple and cemetery, and helping give the final peace to those severely ill.

DragonMage156: Weah

Spoiler

Name: Dragon Mage (Weah for Don't Starve, don't really have any better names)

Race: Dragon-girl/entity

History: Dragon Mage (sometimes referred to as DM) didn't know she was half dragon until her preteen years (y'know, puberty and all) though she always knew she was different/abnormal in some way. When the powers inside her awakened, it put herself and others in danger. Now, she wears a special necklace around her neck to keep her powers under control. She also found out (at some point) that she gets her dragon powers from her fathers side. She has never had contact with him and would rather keep it that way.
Personality: Dragon Mage is a carefree teenager who loves to draw and play video games. She is creative and imaginative and also loves animals. She wishes for an easy life but as she gets older, more responsibilities hinder her and make thinks more complicated. She's shy and quiet, yet kind and caring. She shows sympathy/empathy to those having a hard time and is very sensitive (sometimes a little too emotional).
Appearance: She's always seen wearing a purple t-shirt and a dark blue shirt with a grey belt, knee high socks and black buckle shoes. She has light skin and dark brown hair. She usually only has a devil-like tail showing but occasionally brings out her dragon ears and wings when needed (the ears are an exception, sometimes come out when alert/cautious or when a certain emotions is expressed).

Strengths: Can fly, can manipulate fire, has night-vision (need time to think of more).
Weaknesses: Can't swim, gets cold easily, despite being half dragon she has sensitive skin and can burn easily, doesn't like being put on the spot, is naive and can sometimes get the wrong idea, is not very strong.
Etc: Is haunted by a shadow of herself (another thing exclusive to her Don't Starve version).

Mezukie: Qwin

Spoiler

Name: Qwin

Race: Human

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Qwin scoffs at this "Who cares about the past now?"

Personality: Qwin is overly confident in everything she does which can make people annoyed at her. They just didn't understand how good she was! She'd scoff at anyone who says that she talks to much and tell them that they don't talk enough in return. "Why would you even be with people if not to talk or do something! That's why it's important to always include everyone even if they are completely against it," she'd say this as she would drag people unwilling to cooperate into the group. To her no one get left behind and she makes sure this is true no matter if she hates them or not.

Appearance: Qwin is a 19 year old with shoulder length light brown hair and dyed blue bangs.Her eyes are dark blue and she wears a light grey jacket that goes to her waist and sleeves to her elbow. She wears a purple and black tee shirt underneath with a loose blue belt around her wait over faded blue jeans that partially cover her black and purple sneakers.

Strengths: She isn't easily scarred by the night or what goes lurking in it. What's there to be scarred of anyway? She can take a few scratches here and there but certainly isn't invincible.

Weaknesses: She will fight to her very last breath unless someone intervenes as she'd never back down from a challenge! But as loneliness sets in her thoughts become dark as they go back to what happened and what she would have done.

YouKnowWho: Theo Velez

Spoiler

Name: Theo Velez

History: Used to be a hitman. Don't ask him anything else. He doesn't like being asked about it.

Personallity: Friendly with nice people. Dangerous when angry. Can get easily stressed. 

Appearance: A young man with green eyes, sort brown hair. He wears a large brown trench coat that he never takes off, black shoes, black jeans, and black rubber gloves.

Strenghs: Has a powerful Magnum revolver. Great at hiding and fighting. Good at getting his way out of dangerous situations and convincing people. Knows the best parts in the human body to shoot. Has been trained for combat.

Weaknesses: Only has three bullets for his revolver. Likes to work alone. Patience doesn't last forever. Terrible aim if stressed. Easily stressed. Pulls out revolver when in stressful situations. This can cause a waste of precious bullets.

Etc: None of that

Edited 1 hour ago by Youknowwho 
Danny said so =3 (Danny's note: You cheeky gi...)

Ysulyan: Ysulyan

Spoiler

Name: Ysulyan

Name: Ysulyan

Race: Nature Dragon, Green

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): He had an artefact that would let him travel random unknown worlds and unluckily ended up in the codex umbra this time, whether it was due to Maxwell’s doing or not. Now the artefact is lost and he’s trapped there, with no friends, no family, no nothing, wishing only to go back home.

Personality: He’s chivalrous and determined and although serious most times, he tends to goof around when in a bright mood. He lost his wings long ago. He’s loyal but follows his own moral compass regardless of others’ opinions. He tends to worry too much about the well-being of others and puts himself below them. He is quite naïve at times. (Chaotic Good for those who know about D&D)

Appearance: With smooth scales and saturated green eyes, he has a set of white horns and a taller frame than most humans, due to his racial characteristics. He stands on straight legs and has a prehensile tail. He wears a set of worn jute clothes. (bipedal, 7ft tall)
DS style: 
http://orig05.deviantart.net/ec8f/f/2016/070/f/e/ysul_starve_by_ysulyan-d9uqbs8.png
“Realistic” style: http://pre14.deviantart.net/216a/th/pre/i/2015/174/3/1/i_am_trying_something_by_ysulyan-d8rjsjh.png

Strengths:
Passives: Innate perks, automatically applied; He doesn’t need to eat much. He has a natural resistance to blows due to his scaled body. He is resistant to poisons. He gains a boost to ATK and DEF if it’s daytime and he’s under a source of sunlight.
Activated: Abilities he uses actively such as when performing a certain action; He has healing capabilities. He can jump long distances. He can run quite fast. He can consume plants completely to store vitality for later use, but it deteriorates and vanishes over time if not used soon enough. He can control nature (make natural bridges with roots, trees, branches, for example).

Weaknesses:
Every single “Activated” strength stated above is halved in effectiveness and demands more energy from him when he had spent too much time in the dark and without any source of vegetation. He cannot heal corrupted wounds. He can’t wear human armour. He cannot fly, since he lost his wings. He is weak to corrupt sources of energy and nightmare fuel (actually anything related to nightmare kind of hurts him double). Without sunlight: he is weak and feeble and he cannot heal anyone unless he drains his own vitality or uses what he has in store. If he spends too much time without contact with nature, his scales will lose colour and he will enter a “hollow” state. “Hollow” state completely deactivates any sort of strength he has, including passive abilities, leaving him vulnerable and pretty much effed up.

Etc: He can’t breathe fire, just puffs of smoke. He is allergic to gunpowder.

IceKitsune: Izzy Deceased

Spoiler

Name: Izzy

Race: Hummingbird/Human Hybrid

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Unknown
Personality: An adorable little bird who is a pleasure to be around. People around him have been known to come down with extreme cuteness overload syndrome (ECOS).
Appearance: Whilst not being particularly tall, Izzy has a small layer of feathers covering her body. Around her throat, these feathers become redder, and she has a long grey beak instead of a mouth  She also has two wings coming out of her back, which provide enough thrust for flight.

Strengths: Has adaptions associated with hummingbirds, amoung which is extremely fast powered flight.
Weaknesses: Terrible fighter, Can only "eat" nectar (We're underground, so that weakness would kill her... Fast) and has many natural predators.
Etc: (I am using my furry powers to make Izzy)

Asparagus: Our current monster master and creepy b@stard

Spoiler

He's making us all really creeped out, as is his job.

SirScrubbingTont: Lucas

Spoiler

Name: Lucas

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): A kind man who always helped people, He lost his hand trying to save someone. After that his sarcastic side started to grow.
Personality: Helpful, kind and sarcastic sometimes
Appearance: Man around 20's with blonde hair which goes to the right. has regurlar clothes except for the arm he's missing.

Strengths: Befriends mobs for longer and doesn't get attacked by bunnies when he carries meat. And spiders won't attack him as fast. Has above average sanity.
Weaknesses: misses one hand, he can mine and chop slower. This doesn't apply for combat. Doesn't like being alone.
Etc:

Edited by Dannyrulx

>Inb4 Famen slowly decends into madness, always messing around with his hands, trying to prototype something, anything with materials that obviously won't work, just to distract himself from reality tearing at the seams. 

>Eh, if I join, it may or may not be Famen again, because of my unlimited supply of creativity.

Edited by Chris1488

Ok, I'll put mine in ^_^

Name: Dragon Mage (Weah for Don't Starve, don't really have any better names)

Age and Gender: Same as me irl :p

Race: Dragon-girl/entity

Era: Sometime in the future. No exact time frame.

World of Origin: Mainly Earth but also came from a land called Freebirdia.

History: Dragon Mage (sometimes referred to as DM) didn't know she was half dragon until her preteen years (y'know, puberty and all) though she always knew she was different/abnormal in some way. When the powers inside her awakened, it put herself and others in danger. Now, she wears a special necklace around her neck to keep her powers under control. She also found out (at some point) that she gets her dragon powers from her fathers side. She has never had contact with him and would rather keep it that way.
Personality: Dragon Mage is a carefree teenager who loves to draw and play video games. She is creative, imaginative and innocent and also loves animals. She wishes for an easy life but as she gets older, more responsibilities hinder her and make thinks more complicated. She's shy and quiet, yet kind and caring. She shows sympathy/empathy to those having a hard time and is very sensitive (sometimes a little too emotional).
Appearance: She's always seen wearing a purple t-shirt and a dark blue shirt with a grey belt, knee high socks and black buckle shoes. She has light skin, blue eyes and dark brown hair. She usually only has a devil-like tail showing but occasionally brings out her dragon ears and wings when needed (the ears are an exception, sometimes come out when alert/cautious or when a certain emotions is expressed). Picture of Dragon Mage.

Strengths and Abilities: Can fly, can manipulate fire, has night-vision, has good hearing, can grow claws to scale walls and protect others.
Weaknesses: Can't swim, gets cold easily, despite being half dragon she has sensitive skin and can burn easily, doesn't like being put on the spot, is naive and can sometimes get the wrong idea, is not very strong, is short.
Etc: Is haunted by a shadow of herself (another thing exclusive to her Don't Starve version).

Edited by DragonMage156
Added more info

Dragon Mage sounds good! She's in! I always have a soft spot for human/animal hybrid creatures... A furry? What makes you think that? Of course I'm not a furry!

(Having formatting issues, will create a character list later!)

Edited by Dannyrulx
  • Like 1

Name: Qwin

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Qwin scoffs at this "Who cares about the past now?"

Personality: Qwin is overly confident in everything she does which can make people annoyed at her. They just didn't understand how good she was! She'd scoff at anyone who says that she talks to much and tell them that they don't talk enough in return. "Why would you even be with people if not to talk or do something! That's why it's important to always include everyone even if they are completely against it," she'd say this as she would drag people unwilling to cooperate into the group. To her no one get left behind and she makes sure this is true no matter if she hates them or not.

Appearance: Qwin is a 19 year old with shoulder length light brown hair and dyed blue bangs.Her eyes are dark blue and she wears a light grey jacket that goes to her waist and sleeves to her elbow. She wears a purple and black tee shirt underneath with a loose blue belt around her wait over faded blue jeans that partially cover her black and purple sneakers.

Strengths: She isn't easily scarred by the night or what goes lurking in it. What's there to be scarred of anyway? She can take a few scratches here and there but certainly isn't invincible.

Weaknesses: She will fight to her very last breath unless someone intervenes as she'd never back down from a challenge! But as loneliness sets in her thoughts become dark as they go back to what happened and what she would have done.

Etc: Qwin's favorite color is green

(Changed! Not gonna lie I was going to change it anyway since I'm still trying to get fully into her character still ^^")

Edited by Mezukie

Nuanced... I like it... Expanding more on personality, as you seem to repeat the same thing a few times, strengths and weaknesses please, mental images are super important with text-based RP's. Do that, and she's in!

Edited by Dannyrulx

Name: Theo Velez

History: Used to be a hitman. Don't ask him anything else. He doesn't like being asked about it.

Personallity: Friendly with nice people. Dangerous when angry. Can get easily stressed. 

Appearance: A young man with green eyes, sort brown hair. He wears a large brown trench coat that he never takes off, black shoes, black jeans, and black rubber gloves.

Strenghs: Has a powerful Magnum revolver. Great at hiding and fighting. Good at getting his way out of dangerous situations and convincing people. Knows the best parts in the human body to shoot. Has been trained for combat.

Weaknesses: Only has three bullets for his revolver. Likes to work alone. Patience doesn't last forever. Terrible aim if stressed. Easily stressed. Pulls out revolver when in stressful situations. This can cause a waste of precious bullets.

Etc: None of that

Edited by Youknowwho
Danny said so =3

Appearence: what kind of trousers? Business? Jeans? Trench coat? Duster? Greatcoat? What kind of  revolver? Dirty-Harry style magnum .44? Peashooter?  Length of hair? What are his gloves made from?

Stregths: Does he know martial arts? If so, what kind? (Krav Maga, the Israeli secret service one is popular) Is he trained? Has he used combat stims?

Also; Think of the three DnD basic personalities:

Dumb hard-hitter

Flirty rougue

Wise wizard

STEREOTYPES EXIST FOR A REASON!

Is that enough to give you an idea?

• Like 1