The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

Qwin chuckled " Yeah me and my friends would joke that he thought the power of love for the city would protect him! Hah and when they announced all sad that he was assassinated and how to city would miss him. Man did people try to loot that place after and all those riots just breaking out because they couldn't keep the peace," she smiled as she continued " Oh man you should of seen it, me and my friends got some sweet loot from it!"

"A city with no trees and no grass?" Ysulyan traced off, imagining the living hell that would be that place to him. Speaking of which, that place was too dark, too somber, too... lacking of nature. He pressed on, hoping a patch of grass or sunlight might bless him to fully recover. Trying to hide his weakness, he sucked it up and kept walking. "Are you happy there, in the city of tall buildings and no grass?" The question was asked as pure innocent curiosity, since it seemed strange to him, but of course it could mean anything to strangers.

"I'd hate to be in a natureless city" Dragon Mage said, "I'd rather live in the country with my family. Fields of Grass as far as the eye can see. To be greeted by nature when you wake every morning".

Dragon Mage looked down. "I sure do miss my family" she said in a somber tone. Tears formed in her eyes but she hid it as she doesn't like crying infront of others. She knew that she would have to stay strong, now more than ever.

Qwin pondered the question. Did she like it there? "hmm, well I wouldn't say I was really happy but I'm not so sure since I lived there my whole life. In truth this is the only change I've ever had so I'm not sure," she shrugged. " If I ever go into a forest then I'll be able to compare but for now I have to say the city seems better than being stuck in a cave but then again I guess that also depends on where in the city," She said this but in truth she was wondering if she even cared to go back. She looked to Dragon Mage " Maybe you could show me your home when we get out then I can compare," She said smiling.

Theo chuckled "Y'know I like ya. Also, if you want to see a forest. Go to Town Square and keep going north. If you find a log cabin don't eat anything from the fridge. It is all poisoned. 'Cept for the bread, but y'know I think that might of gone moldy."

Ysulyan remained silent for the moment, although he had to agree with the half-dragon female. He too would hate to live in a natureless city. He did notice her tone getting a bit moody so he turned his head to face her for a brief second, glancing into her eyes. "Aye, do not worry, we will get out of this dark, unsettling place. I too miss my home already, and by all means I dare not stay stranded in this abyss."

Qwin looked to Theo now "Oh? I've never been that way but don't worry I learned my lesson from trying to take others food when I was young," she laughed at this remembering the event. " But I do have to question if were even making progress it seems these caves just go on and on," She remarked as she looked around. In the back of her mind she thought that maybe they weren't going anywhere and it was only tricking them to think they had progressed. What if they never get out? She shook her head. They'd be fine.

"You guys..."

"I'll tell you a 'lil thing bought my home. I dunno about you, but I come fromm Nxfraaxia, I know, the pronounciation kills 'ya, but still. There are two dominant races, us humans, and the native Clan."

"Clan... Clan are interesting. A lot of people think that they were the origin of vampires, or, the story at least. Faster, stronger and smarter than humans, but they can't channel spirits, like I'm doing right now. When they tried to oppress us, we simply locked any dead souls away in a crucible. It's a system that's been working for millennia."

"What's weird though, is our... I believe the word is Schitzo-Teck, or something along those lines. We have motorbikes and planes, but we've seen other societies with machine guns. We stick by our own weapons." To emphasis the point, he twirled his staff around, tapping Theo on the chest at the end of the curve.

After what Ysulyan said, calling this place an abyss, she thought of an ending to a game she once played. "Hey" she said to the group. Their ears tuned in but continued walking. "Do you... think we'll remember each other once we get out of this world? Like, if we found a portal out of here and got transported back to our homes, would we remember all of this and... all of us?"

Edited by DragonMage156

Motorbikes, planes, machineguns. The hell were those? Ysulyan was dumbfounded with Mortium's last paragraph, although he was intrigued to find out there was another race of humans called "vampires". Again, being so disconnected to humans and knowing  so little about them, he simply remained silent and listened, but then the half-dragon girl started to talk and he hummed upon hearing her question. "I think so...", he said, "... At least I know I'm remembering this right now. I also know what I was doing right before I was sent here... But Qwin is right, though. This place seems endless, we are just walking blindly." Ha paused and then added, "Watch out, for this place is filled with pits and fissures, you can feel it in the air, the echo... And... I don't know; there's a disturbing presence... Almost as if something was following us in the darkness..." He glanced back, tracing back to where they once were moments ago."

An entity of yet unknown origin has caught the scent of new beings... like mist it wafts through the air... blending with the shadows... it is intangible, yet it has a form... in the darkness it lurks... waiting... watching...

In the darkness, it blinks its eyes... waiting for a chance to get a taste of the creatures that have arrived...

(:3)

Qwin looked around. She saw darkness move all around them but that's just what it was darkness. She found it hard to find any movement from something that may be living. She thought that there may be creatures down here but since they came the only thing they saw was the earthquake. " Vampires huh?" she said deciding that if there were any creatures they'd show themselves first before being found. " You mean like the ones that drink blood and turned into bats? I thought that stuff was made up," then after a bit she asked " Do they also drink blood?"

While the others were discussing possibilities, Dragon Mage stood there listening. Two purple ears had since appeared on top of her head and were rotating. She could hear, what sounded like, a million faint whispers. They sounded kinda evil but couldn't distinguish any spoken. As she looked through the darkness, she could see some weird shadowy thing. Everytime she looked at it, it would disappear and reappear somewhere else, each time getting closer... or was it just her imagination. Her heart rate increased as she looked around. "Guys?" she said in a very uncertain tone.

Qwin looked at the others a thought just went through her mind and said it out loud "But will these lights go out? I mean we don't know how long they'll last," she looked at the glowing bulb she held silently asking it the question to see if it would come true or not.

It was enticing... but it cannot breach the ring of light... as only one without a form could... the darkness seems to expand... and contract...

giphy.gif

It stared at them avoiding detection... disappearing and reappearing if need be...

It has the will to wait it out... it has done so countless times...

As the hours go by... they fan their flame... an instinct that will be its undoing... for they know it is there... but knowing that, they fear that which is in the darkness... making them ripe for the kill...

Out of the corner of its eye... it sees light rising from the horizon... it has waited too long... morning had broke though the night...

They will live this time... but it is only a matter of time before they make a mistake... they will fall... just like the others... O__O

Edited by Asparagus
Didn't move the first time so EDIT O__O
  • Like 2

Walking that entire cave was extremely uncomfortable, for the darkness was at bay and awaiting. Indubitably, it feared darkness, for it always seemed to reach out to them and then retracted, returning to the pitch black space that was that cavern. Eventually, the light bulbs started to dim, but he called out the dragon mage not to waste their energies! "Try not to panic! We are in this together..." Ysulyan could have done something to give a little bit more time for the bulbs to live longer, but his energies were as dim as that glowing piece of nature. He could feel his body weakening with the passing of the hours. Was it day? Was it nighttime? Apparently it was the latter, for as soon as the dark, unsettling presence started to slowly vanish, he could see the first ray of sunlight in the distance, perhaps what little could pierce the ceiling of that place. Seeing this, his mood brightened, for he would soon bask in the glorious sunshine.

5227844.jpg

Edited by Ysulyan
some grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

"Don't worry, like I said this spirit will remain light for as long as I guide it, which will be until we reach the surface. So... We should be good light-wise. However... Should we have direct surface contact, I'll have to let go. Even a minuscule crack is enough for a spirit"

Qwin looked over at the light seeping in from the surface in the ceiling. she was glad for some natural light as it brightened the cave even if just a little. " I was wondering if we should make a camp somewhere, you know a place that we all know is somewhat safe? I mean we can't just walk around forever right?" She said hoping the others agree. They needed a good place to be able to rest at times and who knows how long they'll be down here.

I'll join, if I can.

Name: Lucas

Race: Human

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): A kind man who always helped people, He lost his hand trying to save someone. After that his sarcastic side started to grow.
Personality: Helpful, kind and sarcastic sometimes
Appearance: Man around 20's with blonde hair which goes to the right. has regurlar clothes except for the arm he's missing.

Strengths: Befriends mobs for longer and doesn't get attacked by bunnies when he carries meat. And spiders won't attack him as fast. Has above average sanity.
Weaknesses: misses one hand, he can mine and chop slower. This doesn't apply for combat. Doesn't like being alone.
Etc:

Edited by sirscrubbingtont