The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

Ysulyan had to agree with the cheerful little girl human, and he nodded upon hearing that they should find somewhere to camp. "The first place that comes to my mind is over there, where light pierces through." he then looked at the priest-like human and added, "I suppose, Mortium, that you can summon another soul to offer us some light when night comes again? I mean, if your current soul escapes through there..." He points at the crack way up high.

(I'm guessing that's a yes?)

Lucas just woke up from a deep slumber, the first things he sees are grass tufts and saplings, which are all harvested.

''Oh great, is this how I will end? Starving because I can't make a torch? Life is awesome life is great.'' He said, a little bit irritated. ''But I won't give up, there might be other people who can help me. Or they might regrow in time.''

Edited by sirscrubbingtont

1 hour ago, sirscrubbingtont said:

(I'm guessing that's a yes?)

Thomas just woke up from a deep slumber, the first things he sees are grass tufts and saplings, which are all harvested.

''Oh great, is this how I will end? Starving because I can't make a torch? Life is awesome life is great.'' He said, a little bit irritated. ''But I won't give up, there might be other people who can help me. Or they might regrow in time.''

(Scrub please make sure you have a big fat confirmed yes by the OP/Runner before you enter. In this case, he's fine, although we already have a Theo, so a name change might be in order.)

Just now, Dannyrulx said:

(Scrub please make sure you have a big fat confirmed yes by the OP/Runner before you enter. In this case, he's fine, although we already have a Theo, so a name change might be in order.)

(I'm sorry Danny, I'm impatient sometimes. I'll edit my name into Lucas then)

"Maybe theres something like a tree down here," Qwin said as she looked around. With the new light it was easier to see and she though she could see an outline of something resembling a tree a little ways away from the group. "Maybe that?" She said pointing to the silhouette.

(Also welcome! :D)

Edited by Mezukie

Dragon Mage looked at the silhouette but she was unsure. It didn't seem like a normal tree. Maybe it was just her imagination. The whole time she's been down here, she hasn't been able to trust anything. Her ears picked up a sound and she turned her head. Either there was another human down here or her mind was playing tricks on her again.

"My ears don't deceive me, that is indeed another human..." he added, "and sadly, I can feel no trees nearby, at least none of which have grown large enough... nature here is very scarce save for moss and fungi... and this" He paused for a moment, dropping the dead light bulb respectfully on the ground, and then wondered, what was the human doing there in the middle of nowhere? "Perhaps they come from the surface? Maybe they know a way out!"

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Asparagus, GTFO!

I can't think of a way to continue the story atm :/ )

(It was a self exclamation of the thing in the shadows... just follow up on the last post before me... I'm building up on to something...)

It smells the new arrival... it's its scent... entices its very being... surrounded by light, it makes for a juicier reward... how the human tempts it... bathed in light, it shakes... waiting for the moment it can make the kill...

But it needed to fear it more... the human must fear the darkness... more... from the shadows, it grabs a rock... and flings it in the human's direction... it rolls towards the human's feet... it circles the boundaries of the light... anticipating a kill... will it run, or will it stay? It waits...

Edited by Asparagus
wild apostrophe appeared
  • Like 1

Qwin heard the yelling first but then she hear something hit the ground. A rock maybe? Did that mean another earthquake? She didn't like this but if there was someone and they got caught in that they might not know what to do so she started to walk in the direction of the voice. She walked from light source to light source making sure not to be in the dark for to long as she made progress towards the direction she heard the voice.

(I would of posted sooner but I was off :x)

Dragon Mage heard the rock too but ignored it as it couldn't be an earthquake or the rumbling would of surely followed.

"Mortimus... are you ok?" she said after his little outburst. Maybe something was getting to him.

She looked towards Qwin who was in the darkness by now, still trying to find the other survivor. "Be careful, Qwin."

Qwin found the person who yelled but before she said anything she heard Mortimus yell and looked back in shock. Did something happen? She looked back to the new person "Uh, hi?" she said at first not sure wether to bring up what happened before or not. "Listen I'd like to chat with you but we have to get back to the group," she said hastily as she made motions of looking back to where she was and made a motion to follow as she went back following the route she took.

Edited by Mezukie

''Finally, a human! It has been so long since I've seen one! I get lonely quite fast actually. Anyway, let's go to that camp!'' He said, running behind her. ''Are we going to help the person who just screamed? I feel really bad for him.''

"You don't need to worry about being alone now that your with us," She said smiling as they went along. She looked ahead worried about what might have happened since she left. Nothing to bad right? She was gone for.. Now that she though about it she wasn't sure of the time down here. "Were making our way back to who screamed, I'm sure it's not that bad maybe the caves just getting to him," she said hoping this was the cause.