Shipwrecked Build 167804 - Feb 25th

9 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

HOLY BALLS Alright I know that klei is really dedicated to fans and pay a ton of attention to the forums, but I never thought they'd add a boss that was suggested by a forumer!! Coughcough it was me coughcough I should get a member title coughcough

horyshi.png

Hahahahahahahahhahaha it's just that simple

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bryce said:

Trees now die if planted in inhospitable environments

would you reconsider letting us plant jungle and palm trees in RoG? I wanted to make an underground jungle but thats now impossible, maybe balance it by making them grow extremly slowly in RoG?

• Like 2

Woodlegs is quite fun so far. His boat is combat-oriented and a lot people will complain about it being slow, since you get it on the start, when speed is the most important. He doesn't seem to get any sanity from dapper items. He's got his spider pirate sense, which gives him more treasures to dig up and loot he gets seems better than usual (for me at least).

I crashed on day 8th when I found a Message Bottle and used it as Woodlegs, though:2016-02-26_00001.thumb.jpg.17e713d57e326

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 1

So what incentive is there to deal with the *sigh* quacken.... outside of unlocking woodlegs. He drops no food, a small handful of handy but not unique loot that can easily be earned elsewhere and likely easier, and he drops, no food. I'm finding the lack of edible items in SW to be criminal.

Also the sharktooth crown doesnt seem to break at 0%

Edited by Gotheran
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

So i don't know where to post bugs but the spear gun has no name or texture when in the inventory and the boat heath disappears when going into the fog.

7 hours ago, Bryce said:

Speargun reworked. You now load spears into the speargun and shoot them instead of crafting one speargun per shot.

Idk about the boat health thing, but the old spear guns don't appear in inventory presumably because they're been remodeled. I used up my last two (invisible and almighty) single use spearguns and crafted some of the updated version! They have a new image which explains why the old ones were invisible unless I placed them on the ground. They also require spears as ammo, which I haven't tried yet. Little bit worried about not being able to stack spears, but we'll see when I try it out.

Heh I actually had a homebrew mod (that addressed a lot of late game items being useless or at least too weak for their difficulty/rarity of ingredients for crafting like the Scalemail, Magiluminesence) but specifically one of the changes made Magiluminesence give slightly more light radius, last 5 days, but be refuelable by 75% (3.75 days worth) by a Yellow Gem. I actually figured Nightmare fuel would be too 'OP' as a refuel item as it's easy to farm in the ruins, but I guess the devs disagreed! Nice to see I don't need to feel like I'm 'cheating' anymore just to be able to practically use this item in my games, and that ruins spelunking is more appropriately rewarded for the effort it takes in the default game now.

One thing down that I don't need to 'fix' anymore, so many more things to fix (like Wigfrid being horribly horribly overpowered which I'm working on making a tuning mod for atm, along with playtesting a 'hard mode' mod for experienced people who find the game way too easy as I see complained often about on these forums).

Edited by Troxism

41 minutes ago, ruthlace said:

Idk about the boat health thing, but the old spear guns don't appear in inventory presumably because they're been remodeled. I used up my last two (invisible and almighty) single use spearguns and crafted some of the updated version! They have a new image which explains why the old ones were invisible unless I placed them on the ground. They also require spears as ammo, which I haven't tried yet. Little bit worried about not being able to stack spears, but we'll see when I try it out.

Well i found them in a new world.

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I believe the Quacken is the final one, is it not?

RoG added 3 giants, but vanilla already had 1, so they had giants for all four seasons.

SW has only 3 giants right now, so I wonder if they're going for "a giant for each season" like RoG, or just adding 3 giants and that's it. 

• Developer
Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

RoG added 3 giants, but vanilla already had 1, so they had giants for all four seasons.

SW has only 3 giants right now, so I wonder if they're going for "a giant for each season" like RoG, or just adding 3 giants and that's it. 

Well, according to the roadmap, this is supposed to be the last big update to the DLC, that comes with new content...

Although I wouldn't be complaining if they added a bit more stuff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Didn't the Deerclops get a upgrade in RoG or is my memory (as always) fuzzy?

• Developer
24 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Yes, he did get a buff. Those ice attacks that allows him to freeze you and mobs. I don't remember if there was anything else added/changed to him, though.. .

7 hours ago, Troxism said:

Heh I actually had a homebrew mod (that addressed a lot of late game items being useless or at least too weak for their difficulty/rarity of ingredients for crafting like the Scalemail, Magiluminesence) but specifically one of the changes made Magiluminesence give slightly more light radius, last 5 days, but be refuelable by 75% (3.75 days worth) by a Yellow Gem. I actually figured Nightmare fuel would be too 'OP' as a refuel item as it's easy to farm in the ruins, but I guess the devs disagreed! Nice to see I don't need to feel like I'm 'cheating' anymore just to be able to practically use this item in my games, and that ruins spelunking is more appropriately rewarded for the effort it takes in the default game now.

One thing down that I don't need to 'fix' anymore, so many more things to fix (like Wigfrid being horribly horribly overpowered which I'm working on making a tuning mod for atm, along with playtesting a 'hard mode' mod for experienced people who find the game way too easy as I see complained often about on these forums).

Is it considered rude to ask you to make a separate topic thread explaining your tweaks and the reasoning behind them?

No? Is it rude if I ordered you to do it instead?

Yeah?

GET TO IT!

On a serious note I'd like to see what you came up with :)

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Yes, but he wasn't added in RoG.

4 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, according to the roadmap, this is supposed to be the last big update to the DLC, that comes with new content...

Although I wouldn't be complaining if they added a bit more stuff.

I still feel like quite some more stuff need to be added.

7 minutes ago, Luponius said:

Is it considered rude to ask you to make a separate topic thread explaining your tweaks and the reasoning behind them?

No? Is it rude if I ordered you to do it instead?

Yeah?

GET TO IT!

On a serious note I'd like to see what you came up with :)

Some of these mods I'm working on have instability issues (since I am no Lua Expert), or haven't been tested enough by me yet/need more tuning. I'll probably post about it at some point, but obviously not here (already derailing thread enough). Just kind of working on it 'on and off'.

Also, Klei, please, now that you've added so many awesome stuff...make sea combat not suck.

The only way to survive sea hounds at sea is to tank them, and the boats can't tank a thing.

Faster boats, a few new boats designed ESPECIALLY for combat, and maybe armors for boats(reduces damage taken from sea monsters), and Sea Combat would work like land combat. Just...don't keep it in the way it is right now. You have 0 reasons, to fight anything at sea that isn't a lame weak mob.

• Like 5