Mena's Random Arts of Stuff and Things

MenaAthena

2 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

.sleepee.png

Disclaimer, not sick, just sleepee

This is actually the first "actual" art I've been able to pump out in awhile that I've been happy with lol

In my youtube playlist rattling along in the background, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw just exclaimed:

"... the words 'How cute...' muttered through clenched teeth"

at precisely the moment I laid eyes on that picture. It was pretty apt.

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

I found a glow tutorial on YT.

It sure is working, good job! Care to share? I mean I can imagine it being a layer behind for "aura" effect and an "addition blend" layer in front for the "inner" glow, with clever coloured highlights on the scenery to signify the glow's source as an actual lightsource, but I'd still like the link.

20 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

It sure is working, good job! Care to share? I mean I can imagine it being a layer behind for "aura" effect and an "addition blend" layer in front for the "inner" glow, with clever coloured highlights on the scenery to signify the glow's source as an actual lightsource, but I'd still like the link.

Sure thing

This tutorial isn't the most concise, but it serves it's purpose.

46 minutes ago, InDenial said:

I can see little tiny people wearing those mushrooms as hats that function as light for some reason.

Isn't that literally the Toadstool items from Don't Starve Together? Chop some mushrooms down and make a glow cap!

7 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Sure thing

This tutorial isn't the most concise, but it serves it's purpose.

Hey, I watched that sometime last month :) I can't remember if I used that technique or not (or if I even watched the entire video) but it was for my Shadow Mage profile pic.

Archived