WX-78 Is The Hardest Shipwrecked Character

R A I N D M G

If only it was only rain... Hit a Wave? DMG. Walk on the beach during Hurricane? DMG. Your boat is damaged? DMG. Walk in a puddle? DMG.

Only plus side is that I think Blubber Suit gives 100% Water Resistance but does not stop Lightning so you can use it to stay overcharged in Hurricane without the RAIN DMG.

Remember that at this point mechanical mobs are rather scarce. However this is only at the moment iirc in other threads we got confirmation for new Mech mobs to get our healthy supply of gears.

And that's really the only problem i see with WX atm once you get yourself a few gears Raindamage becomes a minor inconvenience because you probably are able to stash some gears for a clutch full heal if you really got worn down to much.

Also food is plentyfull and a lot of it heals you too like cooked seaweed is 3 HP per pop and you easily end up with well over 30 pieces in less then 3 days.

It's not like there's any shortage of healthy food in SW

Uh, just wear a snake hat and vest or umbrella. Problem solved?

With the latest update clockwork seems to re-spawn at the same location. Easy gear every 10~15 days.

There is sorta now that they nerfed seaweed hard.

Gg skrub git gud.

R A I N   D M G

Honestly his,

R A I N   D M G

Should scale to the degree of wetness he is at and not just a steady low rate as long as he has 1 point of wetness. Seriously 1 point of wetness is like a drop of rain on your cheek or something, not enough to short out a robot. I really hope someone can either update the WX overhaul mod and make him even more modular, or Klei takes the opportunity to fix WX themselves. My biggest pet peeve about him is the whole eating gears thing, when I suggested he be more modular, making upgrades or finding them like trinkets.

I haven't tried WX yet, I surely bet he's a challenge. At least it doesn't rain that often in the calm season so you have time to prepare at least. Does the snakeskin jacket and hat completely shield WX from wetness in the rain, because that would make him very playable in my opinion, that way you can still do stuff like chop down trees and fight snakes without having to use your hand for an umbrella.

Honestly I think it's really a matter of... perspective / skill / experience. New players will definitely have issues as WX-78 in Shipwrecked, but those same players would probably never survive a spring start as WX in RoG either.

I think RoG spring start was much harder than SW because rain was unavoidable, came really early, and you did not have time to prepare. In SW, by the time you get to the flood season, you should already have 100% rain protection with any character (snakeskin helm + jacket kinda easy to get). In fact, you should be able to do so before the hurricane season as well. What ''important'' wetness source remains ? The waves. Those should be avoided, obviously, with any character (some level of skill required).

Is it harder ? I'm not sure. It's probably less forgiving, granted, but I still see some people on stream play as WX-78 and walk around for whole days waiting to dry instead of just making a fire and drying in like 10 seconds. There are tons of butterflies in SW to heal yourself as well (and I mean it, tons of them, there are nearly too much for what they give)...

For me, getting wet as WX or as any other character can be as damaging, because even if you have to manage health as the robot, you still have to manage sanity as other characters. Unless you are playing Maxwell, that can be seriously painful too, cause serious drawbacks, even death.

Again, just a matter of perception...

Archived