Caves Beta - October 30th Update

• Developer

Hey! So we've been working on unifying a lot of the events between servers in a clusters, that took a bit longer than expected, but here it is, hot off the press:

Build: 154582 154731 154857 154908

Changes:

• “-lan” has been replaced with “-offline”

• The player listing screen will now include players across all shards.

• Chat can now be heard by players on all shards.

• Announcements for joining and leaving now happen when players connect and disconnect from a server cluster, and not during migrations between the overworld and caves.

• Flowers leave a withered flower if they die due to lack of natural light

• Farms wither if they don't get enough natural light

• Starcaller star counts as a natural source of light, and is significantly improved.

• Updated Message of the Day URL.
  • Added mod function GetModRPCHandler to access mod RPC handlers after they've been set.

Bugs eradicated:

• Gunpowder and other explosions play sound correctly on clients

• Miner hats once again offer some rain protection

• Fixed crash when monkeys are flinging poop

• Pigs once again leave their houses at dawn

• Moles once again desire to eat nummy rocks

• Fixed crash in worldgen in a caves boon
  • Fixed bug where mod RPC name could conflict with prefab name causing mod characters to spawn as Wilson. Note: mod character names should be all lower case.

As always, please let us know how it turned out! If you want to get in on the action, follow the instructions here:

http://forums.kleien...ta/#entry673404

Jabber jabber jabber.

Edit(Peter): I added some notes regarding mod RPCs that were missed :-)

• The player listing screen will now include players across all shards.

Now I don't have to feel lonely when everyones down in caves and Im the only one on the surface right?

;_;

• Chat can now be heard by players on all shards.

YEEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

so from now on I guess overworld and caves chatlog files are same. This is not the case for log files though. They are still independent and will be independent i believe cuz they are different servers.

Also caves and overworld still have independent resets which i really wish was in this update.

Great.

• Flowers leave a withered flower if they die due to lack of natural light

• Farms wither if they don't get enough natural light

Does the star burn down things near it as before? And does it also provide extensive heat that makes you overheating even in winter as before? I'm curious about it. 

Holy crap tell me about it.  Over 3 days for 1 star

Today DST was updated again, but in news there wasn't anything said about any update, so I thought it was just problem with my computer and I lost one part of the game (even if I verified game integrity cache, update was 1.8MB) and it looked like it might finally be bug fix, not sure if anyone else has this problem, but caves preset STILL does not appear when I am trying to create new world, I did all the steps and it even shows [cavesbeta] near the game name so it should load it, but it somehow does not, is anyone else having this problem? (I tried reinstalling whole game and deleting Klei folder in "My Documents" but no luck).

Do bee box that are far away from players still produce 1 honey/day?

I know it does that in normal DS/DST. However in the cave beta it seems that bee box in cave would only produce when there are flowers and player near by. If anyone find it otherwise please let me know. (I am not sure if I've place my boxes far enough)

Also here are some of the things I've found from a few patches ago. Please ignore the post if they have been fixed already.

1) In normal DST -lights out mode, burning a bee hive will release normal bees. In the cave beta however, the bees will return to the burning hive immediately. This make bee box unavailable in lights-out mode.

2) If player die "wearing" a slurper, upon resurrection the "slurping" sound effect remains. Wearing any hats will remove the sound effect.

3) Using the telelocator staff multiple times in a roll will trigger an earthquake that last for a long while. 

No, it's been fixed in 22th update.

Do bee box that are far away from players still produce 1 honey/day?

I know it does that in normal DS/DST. However in the cave beta it seems that bee box in cave would only produce when there are flowers and player near by. If anyone find it otherwise please let me know. (I am not sure if I've place my boxes far enough)

Moggles bug:  Sorry been meaning to report this for awhile.  If you have a full inventory and you have an item in your cursor and equip moggles the screen doesn't change to moggle vision but you dont die to darkness.  Just inconvenient but no deaths have occurred since you still receive the benefit as if they were working.

Hi! I just installed DST but I cant find my friends games, we think because im still in v148470 while they are in v154582. I have already tried verifying game integrity cache and reinstalling the game, but it didnt work. What can I do to update to this new version?

Thnks!

1. Still having the Problem that i cant travel to Caveson my Own Hosted Dedicated Server that is on the same Machine just getting "We Tried really hard to get you Connected but something went awry"

2. On top of t hat the Game now Crashes after i Confirm the Message....

p.s. and yes there is a *.mdmp Crash File in the Bin Folder -> Attached

Pew thats alot of Uploaded stuff ^^

log_cave.txt

log_client.txt

log_master.txt

settings_cave.ini

settings_master.ini

dontstarve_steam_154582_crash_2015_10_29T15_48_48C0.mdmp

dontstarve_steam_154582_crash_2015_10_29T15_53_42C0.mdmp

• Developer

Good morning everyone!  :spidercowers:

so from now on I guess overworld and caves chatlog files are same. This is not the case for log files though. They are still independent and will be independent i believe cuz they are different servers.

Also caves and overworld still have independent resets which i really wish was in this update.

Yes, the merging of the two worlds is still in progress, this update was mostly laying down a lot of groundwork to make things like this possible. More coming soon!

Today DST was updated again, but in news there wasn't anything said about any update, so I thought it was just problem with my computer and I lost one part of the game (even if I verified game integrity cache, update was 1.8MB) and it looked like it might finally be bug fix, not sure if anyone else has this problem, but caves preset STILL does not appear when I am trying to create new world, I did all the steps and it even shows [cavesbeta] near the game name so it should load it, but it somehow does not, is anyone else having this problem? (I tried reinstalling whole game and deleting Klei folder in "My Documents" but no luck).

The Caves Only preset is not available normally for the time being, you must run a dedicated server to access it. We may change this back in the future but for now we're leaving it this way because the caves is just not ready for a stand-alone experience.

I just realized that the original instruction page still indicates that this is possible! I'm really sorry for that and any confusion it caused, I have edited the page now.

Also here are some of the things I've found from a few patches ago. Please ignore the post if they have been fixed already.

1) In normal DST -lights out mode, burning a bee hive will release normal bees. In the cave beta however, the bees will return to the burning hive immediately. This make bee box unavailable in lights-out mode.

2) If player die "wearing" a slurper, upon resurrection the "slurping" sound effect remains. Wearing any hats will remove the sound effect.

3) Using the telelocator staff multiple times in a roll will trigger an earthquake that last for a long while. 

Thanks for reporting these things. :)

Moggles bug:  Sorry been meaning to report this for awhile.  If you have a full inventory and you have an item in your cursor and equip moggles the screen doesn't change to moggle vision but you dont die to darkness.  Just inconvenient but no deaths have occurred since you still receive the benefit as if they were working.

Very strange! Thanks for finding that.

Hi! I just installed DST but I cant find my friends games, we think because im still in v148470 while they are in v154582. I have already tried verifying game integrity cache and reinstalling the game, but it didnt work. What can I do to update to this new version?

Thnks!

You need to opt in to the caves beta in order to get on that version. Instructions can be found here:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/?p=673404

1. Still having the Problem that i cant travel to Caveson my Own Hosted Dedicated Server that is on the same Machine just getting "We Tried really hard to get you Connected but something went awry"

Great, thanks for uploading all this! We'll sift through it and see if we can figure out what's going on.

• Developer

Hey sg1aprophis, could you try adding the following lines under [network] in your caves settings file, and try again?

steam_authentication_port = 12348

steam_master_server_port = 12349

Hey sg1aprophis, could you try adding the following lines under [network] in your caves settings file, and try again?

Still no luck when i add them to the settings of the Cave... i also tried to launch the server with the Lines -steam_authentication_port 12348 -steam_master_server_port 12349  and the Ports are Opened for sure

The Main Problem is that i use the same Settings since the Beginning of the Caves Beta.. and at the Beginning me and my Friends were able to go to the Caves, and some Updates later its not working anymore!

Btw do Both Servers need SteamGameServer_Init Success??? Since i noticed whatever Server Starts last (Master or Slave) ALWAYS gets [Warning] SteamGameServer_Init Failed

• Developer

Still no luck when i add them to the settings of the Cave... i also tried to launch the server with the Lines -steam_authentication_port 12348 -steam_master_server_port 12349  and the Ports are Opened for sure

The Main Problem is that i use the same Settings since the Beginning of the Caves Beta.. and at the Beginning me and my Friends were able to go to the Caves, and some Updates later its not working anymore!

Btw do Both Servers need SteamGameServer_Init Success??? Since i noticed whatever Server Starts last (Master or Slave) ALWAYS gets [Warning] SteamGameServer_Init Failed

Yes, both servers should be getting SteamGameServer_Init Success. If the second server you start fails, it's usually because they are both trying to use the same ports for those two settings. Would you mind sending the master/cave settings files, and the master/slave log files after making the change I suggested above?

Yes, both servers should be getting SteamGameServer_Init Success. If the second server you start fails, it's usually because they are both trying to use the same ports for those two settings. Would you mind sending the master/cave settings files, and the master/slave log files after making the change I suggested above?

at the End these 2 Lines did it

Started from Scratch with 2 new Directories and Settings but then it worked!

Archived