Dragonfly NEEDS to be nerfed

27500 health. Yep, 27500 health.

Its not a hard boss, its impossible. Tell me a way you could possibly beat it, there's no way. Even with 6 friends (The max number of players without a dedicated server), its impossible.

I would like to see someone beat it, but with that health its ridiculous.

Please, deliver unto us your strategy.

1 of you must be Wigfrid make 5 battle helms for each and get a dark sword . Then do more than 2500 dmg while it is stunned (with normal attack or ice staff) and it will drop a scale . Do this 3 times to get 3 scales and make 3 scalemails . 1 scalemails each + 5 battle helms and battle spears (dark sword for wigfrid because of the 25 % bonus dmg) + Ice Flingomatic at the palce you are fighting (healing items are good to have too) . When it spawns lavae kill them as fast as you can when it enrages tank it or run around with a walking cane until the enrage ends . That's it . 

1 of you must be Wigfrid make 5 battle helms for each and get a dark sword . Then do more than 2500 dmg while it is stunned (with normal attack or ice staff) and it will drop a scale . Do this 3 times to get 3 scales and make 3 scalemails . 1 scalemails each + 5 battle helms and battle spears (dark sword for wigfrid because of the 25 % bonus dmg) + Ice Flingomatic at the palce you are fighting (healing items are good to have too) . When it spawns lavae kill them as fast as you can when it enrages tank it or run around with a walking cane until the enrage ends . That's it . 

Ok, but you've got to admit that's pretty complicated, and may be easier said than done for most.

True I admit that we needed 1 year to prepare for the fight and died many times before getting it right ... But I have to say it's interesting because there is a goal you want to complete (kill the dragonfly) and try again and again ... (that was my case and its the reason I keep playing DS/DST )

The harder the goal the more time it takes to complete . And until you get it done you cant stop playing xD .

Yes, but why would they make the health like that? I can see the point of it if there were many people playing, but if its just me and my friend, its basically impossible. As for gunpowder, 138 gunpowder would take ages to make. Pigs and spiders wont do crap, because of larvae lol. 

Yes, but why would they make the health like that? I can see the point of it if there were many people playing, but if its just me and my friend, its basically impossible. As for gunpowder, 138 gunpowder would take ages to make. Pigs and spiders wont do crap, because of larvae lol. 

It's Klei experimenting with raid bosses.

I don't think Dragonfly is overpowered. Just because you can't solo him easily doesn't mean he needs a nerf. If you want to kill dragonfly then you will need to prepare. Make like 20 fish sticks/pierogis for you and your friend, make several football helmets/log suits, make a pen to keep the lavae out, and then you and your friend can whale on him inside.

... You can also cheese the dragonfly if you really cant take him down, and need the loot. All you need is an ice staff and a torch. Freeze the dragonfly and them put down a log (or other flammable object) near him and right before he is about to break out set the log on fire. This will perma freeze him, and you can proceed to hit him until he dies without taking any damage.

Why hasn't anyone linked to the several strategies that people have posted on this forum of various ways of killing the Dragonfly, both in teams and solo?

Oh, probably the same reason as me, too lazy.

Use the search function!

No. Dragonfly is meant to be an end-game challenge for experienced players. It's not necessary to even go near his area. His drops are not necessary. 

I always find it amusing when inexperienced players come around and complain about how hard the game is. They think whatever challenge they're currently facing is seemingly impassible, but it's always the case that they simply can't see beyond the horizon because they lack knowledge and/or skill. 

Me as Wigfrid and my friend as Wolfgang killed her with a lot of honeyham and a wall, that the lavae cant hurt.

U can look here

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/56548-one-easy-way-to-kill-the-dragonfly-german/?hl=%2Beasy+%2Bway+%2Bkill+%2Bdragonfly

It is not impossible to kill her, you just have to know how.

Its a lot of fun to kill her and a good feeling :grin:

Not a fan of the many cheesing methods available to kill it I take it?

Don't get me wrong, killing it in its current raid boss state is a damn fine feeling too, but if you don't have the people for it, there's other methods to get him (solo even).

27500 health. Yep, 27500 health.

Its not a hard boss, its impossible. Tell me a way you could possibly beat it, there's no way. Even with 6 friends (The max number of players without a dedicated server), its impossible.

I would like to see someone beat it, but with that health its ridiculous.

Because the dragonfly is entirely optional, I feel it wouldn't need to be changed even it had, say, 800,000 health. I'll try to make a video for you on a solo dragonfly takedown.

And than it is basicly the same strat than walling the ponds or making a bunker, because you don´t have to fight lavae in any of this strats. That beeing said, the flingo strat (with trees) was a very smart idea for farming rocks, whoever invented it.

"...much cooler method"

I see what you did there. ^^

I'm impressed at how people rationalize this being an acceptable boss. You want to farm items for years and hit a boss for hours? How does this constitute a good boss? The most upsetting part is that they didn't make a new boss to sit on his health sponge, they had to use the summer boss, and now summer has no giant.

The fight is 5-10 (max 15) mins and if you have played MMO or RPG games where you need the best gear/level to kill a powerful boss (last boss) is not that strange . 

As for summer , yea I agree they must add a summer boss because dragon fly now is all seasons boss . But that's too much to ask for at the moment Klei devs have their hands full with ruins/skins . Surely I would love to see a new summer boss in the distant future .

On another topic (sry) I hope they remake ruins boss into a raid boss too .

Archived