Dragonfly NEEDS to be nerfed

I'm impressed at how people rationalize this being an acceptable boss. You want to farm items for years and hit a boss for hours? How does this constitute a good boss? The most upsetting part is that they didn't make a new boss to sit on his health sponge, they had to use the summer boss, and now summer has no giant.

To be fair, I prefer this than him coming to my base.

I'm impressed at how people rationalize this being an acceptable boss. You want to farm items for years and hit a boss for hours? How does this constitute a good boss? The most upsetting part is that they didn't make a new boss to sit on his health sponge, they had to use the summer boss, and now summer has no giant.

Also so is the Bearger.

Farm items for years? What are you talking about? You can easily kill the dragonfly before winter. If you are having trouble with him that just shows your inexperience more that anything else. 

Look if you wana kill the Dragonfly in DST, just make 138 Gunpowder, find the Panflute or make a bunch of sleep darts or ice stick, pin the sucker down, emplace the powder, light it up and BAM, they guy is gone.

And I still think Klei is experimenting with the Giants as of right now cause the current DST is STILL beta.

Exactly, if you manage to do a high amount of damage in a short period of time, the Fly will fall to the ground and may drop a Dragon Scale, you can do that several times.

Yup. Put her to sleep or freeze her, set off 7 gunpowder to put her in the stunned state, then set off 13 gunpowder in that state within a few seconds to get a scale. Leave the area with dragonfly in pursuit to make her respawn, and repeat for another scale. 

edit: and of course you can achieve the damage output in other ways, but those are the numbers for gunpowder. 

I feel that the larva is too much. The whole having to make walls to keep them out just feels cheap and, most importantly, NOT FUN.

The point of it it's not to make walls it's to kill it with your friends :) I had the pleasure with kill her with my viewers at day 19 and i had a TONS of Fun. And at that point we didnt had any idea of the phases, what she would do, etc.

So i disagree, i think Dragonfly is awesome the way it is.

I would even love to have an extra one who would spawn just like Single Player in RoG :)

TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP O OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP  TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP TOO OP

This is my opinion on the dragonfly, even with a lot of players, the hp is ridicules. 

No nerfing the dragonfly, players just need to try harder if they really want to kill it.  There are plenty of tools available to deal with the dragonfly.  It's not like your required to kill the dragonfly to do anything, it's an optional boss that leaves you alone unless you decide to go near it.  You have all the time in the world to gather a limitless supply of dark swords, armor, helmets, jerky for healing while your partners tank.  You can also bring any amount of help with followers or even plant large amounts of gunpowder to hit it with explosives.

What I think would be better, is if there was 2 dragonflys, the big tough one that sits in 1 spot, and a smaller weaker one that roams around during summer like in the Single player RoG.

No nerfing the dragonfly, players just need to try harder if they really want to kill it.  There are plenty of tools available to deal with the dragonfly.  It's not like your required to kill the dragonfly to do anything, it's an optional boss that leaves you alone unless you decide to go near it.  You have all the time in the world to gather a limitless supply of dark swords, armor, helmets, jerky for healing while your partners tank.  You can also bring any amount of help with followers or even plant large amounts of gunpowder to hit it with explosives.

What I think would be better, is if there was 2 dragonflys, the big tough one that sits in 1 spot, and a smaller weaker one that roams around during summer like in the Single player RoG.

Exactly! I would love to see the summer (male) Dragonfly to come back too.

Personally, I much prefer the giants to be kept as the original seasonal hazards to your base and the world's resources that needed to be countered.

I severely dislike them being turned into raid bosses to be cheesed for their 'endgame' ingredients by a few knowledgeable players but to be simply ignored by everyone else.

I do think that the Dragonfly does need a nerf or a redesign. At it's current stage, it's not a fun boss.

I was playing DST with a friend of mine and we were pretty much done with the world. We had more food and resources we could use, had scouted the whole map and dealt with all the bosses...except Dragonfly. When it came time to deal with Dragonfly, we just didn't really want to. It's not a fun boss and it doesn't feel worth the trouble. Doesn't help that the different strategies to kill the boss seem a bit cheap.

Yeah, you could make 138 units of gunpowder and blow it up. But if the boss had 10x the health it has now, would you be saying "yeah just make 1380 units of gunpowder and blow it up!"? Because to me, 138 seems unreasonable and lame.

I do think that the Dragonfly does need a nerf or a redesign. At it's current stage, it's not a fun boss.

I was playing DST with a friend of mine and we were pretty much done with the world. We had more food and resources we could use, had scouted the whole map and dealt with all the bosses...except Dragonfly. When it came time to deal with Dragonfly, we just didn't really want to. It's not a fun boss and it doesn't feel worth the trouble. Doesn't help that the different strategies to kill the boss seem a bit cheap.

Yeah, you could make 138 units of gunpowder and blow it up. But if the boss had 10x the health it has now, would you be saying "yeah just make 1380 units of gunpowder and blow it up!"? Because to me, 138 seems unreasonable and lame.

Before the ruins update killing dragonfly wasn't all that worthwhile, but now that the gems he drops actually serve a purpose he is completely worth it to kill. Also I think the fun in killing dragonfly doesn't really come in the fight itself. It comes with the planning, and preparation it takes to kill him.

Archived