can you believe the awful nerfing of willow!?

The lighter having durability isn't ideal, but it's relatively cheap to craft and still lasts a long time.

Willow gets colder while insane, which makes summer a bit easier for her as well.

While I'm not crazy about the changes, her short duration immunity to fire is usually sufficient, and I lost quite a few bases to willow's firestarting while insane.

I never got the big deal! People were screaming about this about how Kiel ruined willow, but to be honest I never saw that many willow players anyways (unless they were greifers.). Yeah I have not seen alot of ACTUAL willow players pre nerf, but i have seen alot after the nerf. Also lets be honest bearnie is okay and how usefull was the fire immuntiy anyways?

I never got the big deal! People were screaming about this about how Kiel ruined willow, but to be honest I never saw that many willow players anyways (unless they were greifers.). Yeah I have not seen alot of ACTUAL willow players pre nerf, but i have seen alot after the nerf. Also lets be honest bearnie is okay and how usefull was the fire immuntiy anyways?

Pre-RoG, fire immunity was pretty terrible.  Post-RoG, she had an advantage vs firefly and there are some interesting things that could be done with fire-farms utilizing ice flingo's.

Willow dominated pvp for a while because fire damage wasn't penalized, while normal damage was.

Pre-RoG, fire immunity was pretty terrible.  Post-RoG, she had an advantage vs firefly and there are some interesting things that could be done with fire-farms utilizing ice flingo's.

Willow dominated pvp for a while because fire damage wasn't penalized, while normal damage was.

Ah I see.

When you are fighting people, it´s a huge inconvenience. 

So is wolfgang having low hunger, or wendy not having abigail.

It's part of the character and it's something people have to cope with.  If that's too much play a different character.

I love all the changes made to willow, before the bernie update the nerf was just boring, but the bernie update made willow freaking amazing.  No more random fires from having low sanity makes the character feel less luck based and cooking with the lighter makes exploration with her even better than before.

In response to the thread title, the willow "change" was not awful at all.

Looking SO forward to the caves update coming soon, I might just play willow for the cave's update just to enjoy it in full.

So is wolfgang having low hunger, or wendy not having abigail.

It's part of the character and it's something people have to cope with. If that's too much play a different character.

I love all the changes made to willow, before the bernie update the nerf was just boring, but the bernie update made willow freaking amazing. No more random fires from having low sanity makes the character feel less luck based and cooking with the lighter makes exploration with her even better than before.

In response to the thread title, the willow "change" was not awful at all.

Looking SO forward to the caves update coming soon, I might just play willow for the cave's update just to enjoy it in full.

Willow was never luck-based. She just was a bad teammate in unskilled hands. Bernie is useless.

Good willows kept their sanity high around anything that they'd care if it burned down.

The problem with Willow right now is that there is no reason to play her. At all. She's a jumbled mess of a character, with no real upsides or downsides, and not much of a theme anymore.

Let's see her attributes.

-80 max Sanity

-Gains sanity from fire

-Immune to fire for first 3 seconds, 50% damage reduction afterwards

-A long lasting torch with a very small light radius that can be used to cook

-Has a teddy bear to distract Shadow Creatures

-Freezes when at low sanity

Cooking with her lighter or using Bernie are handy little things to have, but they don't make a character. They don't make Willow feel like a pyromaniac. And Willow's still a weak character, too, because she doesn't bring anything to the table. Wilson's meant to be average, but he has a much stronger upside than any of hers. Willow's all over the place with weak attributes and a half-dead theme.

The problem with Willow right now is that there is no reason to play her. At all. She's a jumbled mess of a character, with no real upsides or downsides, and not much of a theme anymore.

Let's see her attributes.

-80 max Sanity

-Gains sanity from fire

-Immune to fire for first 3 seconds, 50% damage reduction afterwards

-A long lasting torch with a very small light radius that can be used to cook

-Has a teddy bear to distract Shadow Creatures

-Freezes when at low sanity

Cooking with her lighter or using Bernie are handy little things to have, but they don't make a character. They don't make Willow feel like a pyromaniac. And Willow's still a weak character, too, because she doesn't bring anything to the table. Wilson's meant to be average, but he has a much stronger upside than any of hers. Willow's all over the place with weak attributes and a half-dead theme.

I agree that Willow has lost a lot of her flavor, but with a long lasting light source and easy to manage sanity she's a beginner character.  I don't like that she lost fire immunity, both for flavor and function reasons, but she's better than Wes, as far as the team is concerned.

Most people like her starting out because their first death is to darkness, and second is probably to going insane.  Willow struggles with neither mechanic, and by the time someone is ready to move on from willow they will have learned what other things can be used for light and sanity.

Yes, yes I can believe the awful nerfing of Willow. She was never a very good character to begin with and she is not a very good character now. Nothing has changed.

The main change is that she's no longer an awful teammate, because a new player won't burn down your base because they don't know any better.

That means that new players don't get chewed out for picking willow, because they're just less effective, not actively unhelpful.  Willow burning down your base now is the same as everyone else doing it.  Torches are cheap.

Archived