can you believe the awful nerfing of willow!?

I was never fan of willow. And now I dont really like her either.. I dont really understand what that benie does useful? Distraction for some time... Oh thats a big help. Thank you bernie. Her lighter does not provide enough light to see ur around so i dont really think it is a useful item for night exploration (if you already know the map, it is a good item since it lasts pretty long)Lighter nerf is not much of an issue. Also now you can cook food with her lighter so a nerf and a perk makes it draw..She got a perk at low sanity if you ask me which is freezing .. Makes her easier to survive in summer. Better than burning stuff randomly at base (so this is not nerfing). Still immune to fire for enough time to escape fire and take no damage (which is enough and acceptable) So to sum up, I dont think she is nerfed.. if you would say woodie is nerfed, that is right but not true for willow. Willow was never OP and not an OP char now too.. It was not the case for Woodie. He was an OP char and now normalized.

She is still immune to fire though not like old days.. I dont really see any relation why these things are really nerfed. Anyways either case, definitely not a character that fits to my game style (for me any character in the group is ok if he knows how to play) But I wont choose her in any game as my char...

It's true that the original lighting fires when insane thing caused a lot of problems when newbies accidentally burned bases.

Still they could've just removed that without adding and subtracting all the other things that they did. I think that's one of the main reasons willow players complain about the changes--they just wanted the accidental firestarting removed, nothing else.

Also Willow's supposed "perk" of going cold when insane is more trouble than it's worth. It works against you around winter/when you're wet during spring. I've seen people die as Willow to cold day 18-20 because they were insane. And even in summer fighting off nightmares and maintaining low sanity isn't exactly easy or worth it for most people.

Archived