Loop's Fanarts of Don't Starve little post 8D

For Manga Purposes (Loop's lil project)  

135 members have voted

1. 1. So I'm now making a lil manga for Don't Starve and I have decided that whoever gets the highest votes will be the one who will meet Wilson~ Vote :D

What am I doing with my life... Oh yeah, I'm planning on animating some 2D for now because I made a huge mistake in 3D and I need to relax for a bit because it hurts (especially it suddenly crashed and all of my files were corrupted)

Here's a Wilson throwing something and I'm laughing my pants off when I made this

animation_test_by_fruitloop_chan-d8zmhw5

• Like 7

A moment of silence for 3D Blender Wilson Files... you will be tragically missed. 

On a lighter note, I usually look at the image in your posts first Loops. So at first I thought Wilson was either trying to snatch fireflies or butterflies midair or something, lol sorry. Your 2D looks great! Stay positive. Cheers~

I must remember to read/view a post properly, to to bottom and not zone in instantly at any image enclosed in it.

Edited by Zillvr

What am I doing with my life... Oh yeah, I'm planning on animating some 2D for now because I made a huge mistake in 3D and I need to relax for a bit because it hurts (especially it suddenly crashed and all of my files were corrupted)

Here's a Wilson throwing something and I'm laughing my pants off when I made this

animation_test_by_fruitloop_chan-d8zmhw5

This is pretty good.

I was wondering, if it was okay with you, if I gave some feedback? I went to college for animation; I don't do that as a job (I'm a digital illustrator), but I do understand the basics (like timing and pacing).

Edited by KaStar23
  • Like 1

This is pretty good.

I was wondering, if it was okay with you, if I gave some feedback? I went to college for animation; I don't do that as a job (I'm a digital illustrator), but I do understand the basics (like timing and pacing).

Sure! feedback is awesome~ I'm really new in the animation thing so yeah it would be great to hear some feedback :'D

Sure! feedback is awesome~ I'm really new in the animation thing so yeah it would be great to hear some feedback :'D

Okay!

To start with, I will say that the drawings are very solid, which is great. I also like the 'smear' you got going when Wilson does the throw. It's a nice touch.

The first thing I'll talk about is the posing. Throwing an object normally will make the character go into a few certain poses before actually throwing whatever they have in their hand. In this case, it looks like Wilson is throwing a rock, so you would want you have a pose where he's about to throw it. This would be called an anticipation pose. Yeah, Wilson is throwing something, but the amount of the power in that swing doesn't match the anticipation.

Try taking a ball or some other small object and throw it yourself. You would notice that you have to bring your arm back before 'flinging' it. Also you would put more your body into it, to maximum the distance of that throw. Think of how a baseball player throws a ball.

Second, way you have Wilson now looks too 'stiff'; in animation have is something called the 'action line', and this is the secret to powerful poses. I found this image on Google to help show what I mean:

post-503874-0-99747400-1435889926_thumb.

In this we have a character pointing at something. Pose A is just that, he's pointing, but the pose feels flat and lifeless. In Pose B we have a more exaggerated version and an 'action line' to show that energy in the pose. And finally, with Pose C we have the character using his limbs to show more emotion and balance to his body.

In your animation, Wilson is REALLY throwing that thing, and yet he's doing it while balancing on one foot.  This is something that would be hard to do in real life, which is why it looks funny. A more believable pose would be him spreading his feet and shifting his weight as he throws. Again, try this yourself and you'll see what I mean.

I hope that all helps. :3

Edited by KaStar23
  • Like 2

Last night random doodling c: I was so sad that all what I worked on a week... corrupted.... *cries from the rage*

spear_animation_by_fruitloop_chan-d8zpjk

@KaStar Ohhh! That's interesting to know! 8D I shall keep that in mind and practice on the animation! Thank you so much that info it will help me a lot on the animation project :3

Oh yeah, if you must know it is possible to throw a thing on one foot I try to make it funny because I was planning on making him fall after the throw but I got lazy and just to heck with it I'll leave it just that.

@Zillvr and @L OMG I didn't noticed it. It seems like he is really catching a butterfly or something ahhhhh *insert realization here please*

Side Note: I'll try to re schedule my time on making the comics 

*rolls to the corner*

• Like 3